Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

I am interested in bumpers to fit my 98. Chrome preferably with the round fog light package. Front and rear shipped to Salt Lake City
  2. R

98 sport engine removal questions

Got the new motor in and it is finished. This thing runs better than it did when we got it. I think it has had problems for some time. Quiet, smooth idle, it doesn't sound like the Ford we have all come to hate at our house. Thanks for all the help off this site.
  3. R

GOT IT OUT :) Looks like the long dead ex will be back on the road in a week or so as time permits
  4. R

My son and an uncle got a few bolts closer to having this thing out.
  5. R

already planned on swapping covers, in fact I have the new motor down to the block, heads, water pump and flexplate. Everything else comes from old motor.
  6. R

Thank you for the info on lowering the trans crossmember, I will try that tomorrow.
  7. R

Before I started this I spoke to the dealer and was assured that the longblock fro my 98 and the 03 that the motor I have came from were the same, I have to swap all electrical and fuel system, and accessories. Also I have found that I have to swap at least the upper thermostat housing, the...
  8. R

Well this damn thing has darkened my garage for over a year now. The past couple of weeks we have tried with little success to get out the motor. Just needed to vent on a forum of people that would understand my aggravation and frustration. I have some of the belhousing bolts out, but others...
  9. R

When did your sohc start the death rattle

mine started the first time at less than 60K and Ford extended the warranty on the chains to 100K, I took it in at about 96K with the same problem, they said they could hear no problem. I insisted, they said "no problem with you exploder". Now at 104K it is sitting dead waiting for me to...
  10. R

200,000 Miles

Mine had 106000 when it took the mighty dump. mine will have had the regular brakes, blend door fix etc, and a NEW MOTOR. Ford really sucks sometimes.
  11. R

get starter out

Now that you mention it I had dropped the diff down to get out the oilpan, it probably made it easier. don't drop the diff just to do it my way.
  12. R

get starter out

is this a 4.0? I had mine out recently and it quite frankly sucked poop. Used a ratchet above the starter and pushed with the heal of my hand and eventually it came loose but I came out with a bruise on my hand. Hurt like h#$$
  13. R

I am expecting to unbolt everything except eh heads from the block and bolt all the stuff from the old motor to the new one. Hell I hope I didn't just wind up with a poke to the eye.
  14. R

Just replacing a SOHC with another SOHC. I hope the dealer knew what he was talking about when he told me the newer motor was the same as the 98
  15. R

This weekend I am starting the engine swap on my 4.0 SOHC and wanted to know if there are any things I should be aware of before starting. The dealer told me that a 2002 4.0 would fit in if I swapped all accessories from the old one, I hope he was right, I bought the motor already. My 98 has...
  16. R

HELP 4.0 SOHC upper pan removal

Is there any way in the world to remove the upper oil pan or girdle as some have called it without removing the motor? I had fond a link someplace that told me to lower the front diff, remove the starter, unbolt pan etc. got the pan loose but it seems to not come clear of all the crap. I am...
Back