Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Questions: twin turbo-charged, 3.5L V6 DOHC 24V Eco-Boost

Mike, Thanks for the detailed reply regarding the water pump subject matter. Since you have changed the pump and are familiar with the R&R, is there an online DIY to review or even images from the shop manual? How many hours does it take to do the water pump and chain? And correct me if I’m...
  2. C

3rd battery in a hybrid???

I don’t know if this helps, but it discusses a “high voltage” battery only found in the Hybrids:
  3. C

Engine Heater Cartridge Location? - 2014 PIU

I don’t know if this older thread will help, but look at I think it’s Post #31 within the thread: https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/engine-block-heater.307022/page-2 and this large one has a lot of discussion: https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/block-heater.332727/
  4. C

Window Defrost Elements Peeling

Once the surface layer of the grid has either been scratched or in the noted cases above “peeled”, the grid will absolutely NOT work on those damaged lines. To examine defroster girds: You need 2 people to do it right. Person 1 is on inside of the vehicle. Person 2 stands on the outside of...
  5. C

Frustrated New Member

@AndoAv8R If a Ford Buy Back occurs in a State where a vehicle and its title are branded a Lemon, some States will not allow the resale of a Lemon by law. Ford’s way around this is to use a closed auction process - pick up the vehicle, move it to a State where it can be resold, repair it and...
  6. C

Questions: twin turbo-charged, 3.5L V6 DOHC 24V Eco-Boost

So I’ve read the threads on here and elsewhere about the internal water pump and the possibility of failure. I have seen others state that if the failure occurs, it does destroy the engine, resulting in a repair that can run upwards of $7k-$10k, depending on replacement engine cost and shop...
  7. C

FSA 20B19 Transmission Shift Hesitation

20B19 only applies to certain 2.3 2020 Ford Explorers, not all. 20B19 is attached in it’s entirety.
  8. C

Deep Sleep Mode

FYI - here’s the Ford SSM 48757 addressing Deep Sleep Mode
  9. C

What is everyone paying now for a new 2020 ST?

Just curious with the COVID19 in play, going into mid-April and the many Ford Incentives being advertised, what have folks been paying for 2020 ST’s out the door?
  10. C

Buy back tips

The way to get the word out is there should be a post on here entitled “Lemon Buy Backs” and anyone who has gone through a RAV Buy Back should post the vehicle’s complete VIN. The VIN will be found by anyone searching google, bing, or XYZ search engine in the future because the VIN will be...
  11. C

Engine Coolant Temp Warning

For future reference, SSM 48689:
  12. C

Buy back tips

If you really want to know.... As far as where the RAV vehicles go, this is what happens. The vehicle is flagged by VIN as a Lemon and that label will follow the car through its life. This labeling affects resale values, will show on any vehicle VIN report and could also affect Insurance...
  13. C

Chrome Delete & Black-Out

So is it true that there are different headlights being used on the 2020 models, based on trim levels or options? Please see this thread I had started in the PIU section, because I thought the same but need clarity...
  14. C

Driveline vibration ST

Good question and I’ve NEVER heard of sound deadening material being used in TIRES... Now some Ford driveshafts are known to have cardboard inserted into them during assembly which is somehow supposed to alleviate vibrations (there are vids online showing people cutting open Ford DS’s with the...
  15. C

3.0 Ecoboost oil check procedure

Guidance to use for when checking engine oil level on a 2020 Explorer with the 3.0 Ecoboost: SSM-48570
  16. C

Vibration

There is a recent SSM-48623 for vibration, see attached and how it *might* be applicable to some 2020 Explorers:
  17. C

Driveline vibration ST

Your driveline vibe *might* be associated with SSM-48623 (see attached):
  18. C

Buy back tips

What you need to do is this: Call the Ford 800# back - but this time around do not plug your Regional CSR or RAV CSR extension into the phone. Either select 0 for the Operator OR make the selection from the menu IF it’s an option. When you get the Operator, tell them you’re demanding to talk...
  19. C

Rubber Seal Quarter Panel Window

Poor installation of the part. It’s covered under your 3/36, so Dealer should fix that without any issues or cost to you.
  20. C

VIN A code vs B code

A vs B is distinguished by the VCL on the driver B-pillar when opening the driver door. It’s essentially early 2019 vs late 2019 build dates OR 2019 vs 2020 build dates based on production schedule. The build date will be at upper left corner of the VCL. ex: 06/2019 vs 12/2019
  21. C

Paint Chips and Scratches

Unfortunately, this is the nature of Ford’s shoddy paint and due to the fact that the EPA has forced the automotive paint industry to literally “water down” paint mixes. You think that’s bad, hit up the Mustang M6G site I’m on and there’s a few hundred complaints from us S550 owners... and...
  22. C

2020 Ford PIU Owners Manual V1 and V2

Attached are the copies of the 2020 Ford PIU Owners Manuals: Printed Version 1/March 2019 Printed Version 2/June 2019
Back