Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Chubfest 08-Attica,IN

Just found another EB close! Gonna trade my ATV for it. Allready has 6" lift and 35's on it. If I can get the deal done, I will bring it to chubfest. still plan on coming, just may not have a rig. NOT gonna bring the ATV cause I don't have enough common sense on it!!!!
  2. C

Badlands 08

I will be bringing my camcorder so I want some video. I can't get too crazy cause I don't have a cage inside, but I will flop it till it don't run anymore!!!! I can think of a few places where I can squeeze it to cause some major damage.
  3. C

Badlands 08

Since noone will buy my sploder, I plan on pulling the axles out and putting them under my 93 bronco. IF I CAN MAKE IT, this would be a perfect weekend to tear the **** out of my sploder, maybe even flop it once or twice. I plan on taking the body to the scrap yard anyway once I get...
  4. C

Chattering in 2002 explorer transmission

Just thought about that on the way home today, but I can put it in park and still hear the chattering very faintly. It definately gets worse when it is in gear. I am leaning more towards the torque converter at this point. I plan on climbing underneath it and having the wife rev it up...
  5. C

Heven't smelled the fluid yet. I will pull it in the garage and drain a little and check it. I am taking it in to a local transmission shop to have them listen to it on monday.
  6. C

I just bought an 02 explorer limited. I like the thing but just noticed a chattering coming from the tranny in 2,3,4th gears. Once it shifts into overdrive it is gone or at least not as noticable? I had this thing checked out before I bought it and everything checked out fine. My main concern...
  7. C

chattering in tranny?

anyone?
  8. C

chattering in tranny?

I just bought an 02 explorer limited. I like the thing but just noticed a chattering coming from the tranny in 2,3,4th gears. Once it shifts into overdrive it is gone or at least not as noticable? I had this thing checked out before I bought it and everything checked out fine. My main...
  9. C

Badlands 08

I'm on RRORC board all the time. I'll post something up over there. I can get probably 10 or so rigs from my local club to pitch in on the night run.
  10. C

Badlands 08

I'm good for that weekend. I can bring all the crap that noone wants to haul all the way here (welder, grill, firewood, etc....) Just give me some advanced warning so I can make sure and fit it all on the trailer. Everyone camping at Badlands? Anyone coming on friday? Any interest...
  11. C

Badlands 08

count me in. Hell, I only live 30 minutes away.
  12. C

D44 vs D60 and tcase question

Just bought Yukon chromo shafts and superjoints (same as CTM's) for around 600$. You don't have to run larger rims on 60 axles. I know a couple people who make caliper brackets so you can run small chevy calipers and still run 15" rims. I have 1/2 ton housing with 3/4 ton outers, custom...
  13. C

Return from Badlands Attica, IN 2006 Photos

Had a great time, glad I could make it. I spent most of the day leading people around, so I didn't get many pictures, but I do have a few. I can send them to someone and they can post them. Only person I had met before was Rick, so everyone else was new so glad to meet all of you. I hope I...
  14. C

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

I'm not camping Saturday night so i'll be in the upper parking lot saturday morning. Blue crew cab pulling a red explorer.
  15. C

glad I decided not to be there friday when the gates open. I'll be there Saturday morning.
  16. C

You can buy a flag there to put on your rig. You don't have to have a CB but it would be helpfull. I have a guy coming tomorrow to take my tow rig (93 f-350) to his mechanic (to look it over) cause he wants to buy it. If he does I might not make it as early as I want to friday. I really...
  17. C

Don't worry about the campground. Rules are still the same as they always were. Most of that is for 4-wheelers and dirtbikes.
  18. C

I'll second that. I have been told those are great offroad carbs!! :thumbdwn:
  19. C

You'll be fine! You might have to give it a little enthusiasm on the pink, but the orange you'll have a lot of fun. I ran the orange in my 4-door sploder with open front and rear with 33's. Pete, I know it's been a while since you've been there and it has changed a lot. Actully it has...
  20. C

There are bypasses around some of the stuff. If you don't have front and rear lockers or at least one or the other, make sure you have front and rear tow points so we can get you out when you do get stuck. The orange trail shouldn't be a problem for you, but some of the pink will be kinda...
  21. C

I might not be over there till around 9:00-9:30 but that should be the latest.
  22. C

I can get you all the phone numbers you want from the local hotels if you want to call around. I personally wouldn't stay at the ramada.
  23. C

I seriously doubt there will be any need for reservation. There is at least 100+ primative camping sites there. IF you want full hook up, you could call to reserve one of those. Here's the link Pete campground I didn't get any pm's if you were talking to me?
  24. C

The director of finances in our household (which I always assumed was me) has informed me that I should be able to make it. I will probably come over friday and saturday, but not sunday (yet anyway) Probably won't camp, even though it would be cheaper (4-5 mpg in the tow rig). As for...
  25. C

Shortly before that we also had a poll to see where you were going to have the runs at and there was an overwhelming respone to this run. Far more than 11 people.
Back