Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Looking at getting new wheels.

Buddy is selling a set of American Eagle 077's 17x8 which im looking at getting. I test fit them on my 2000 Explorer Now my question is, what tire size would everyone recommend? Factory is 235/75/15 Was looking at 235/65/17 Currently at factory height. Will be lowering 1"-2" here...
  2. C

42lb injectors fuel economy

get the 42# injectors... injectors can always be adjusted to a smaller size with tune... also leaves room for improvements when you decide the supercharger isnt enough and want more horsepower...
  3. C

Dana 35 gasket change

Not the answer I was looking for... LOL.. but thats what i figured.. New question. Can I unbolt the housing and leave the axle shafts in, and just pull it back enough to pull the cover off. Or do I have to pull the shafts out to do this?
  4. C

Dana 35 gasket change

I did a search, unless im blind. But can't find what im looking for. My front axle is leaking on my 2000 Explorer 4x4 from the cover it self. Now to change out the gasket do I have to drop the axle housing? Or is there a way to change it with out dropping it? Any easy way of doing it?
  5. C

Dual Mode MAF Enhancer Installation

I do agree that you should modify the tune at the source... the fuel... and not by the sensors... by doing it at the sensors its more of a bandaid to just get it to work... but does make sense to test all the ways out and let everyone know what works best or not... keep up the good work aldive...
  6. C

isnt that redundant? why the need for both instead of 1 or the other? or trying them out seperately?
  7. C

so why the use of the maf enhancer over trying to tune it with your software?
  8. C

5R55E transmission minor Slippage from 1st to 2nd

I have a 2000 Explorer xlt 4x4 sohc v6 with the 5R55E... and it just started to shift the same way... talked to a mechanic... he wasnt for sure but he said check out the valve body... and do the upgrade to it... and see if that helps...
  9. C

broken flexplate-what do i check for tranny damage?

check the transmission bellhousing for any kind of cracks... they tend to snap flexplates....
  10. C

got a hood scoop

would help out with gas mileage at highway speeds with it functional... wouldnt be to difficult...
  11. C

got a hood scoop

so, what did you use to mold it onto the hood?
  12. C

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

very nice... thats my list... haha ive been watching this thread... and have been checking out everything aldive have done to his explorer... getting ready to tackle my explorer to achieve 30mpg... I used to have a 1988 GMC S15 pickup 2.5L 5speed with 3.73:1 gears... achieved 30mpg on daily...
  13. C

Hydro Assist Fuel Cell. Increase gas mileage 50%?

hho injection isnt a scam... and doesnt really give you a 50% increase... more like a 30% increase.... it does help make the engine run cleaner, slightly more power... and better gas mileage... *gas mileage* being the key word..... you are supplementing hydrogen gas for gasoline... so...
  14. C

BEST PLUGS for a stock 4.0 OHV...?

plugs seizing in the head isnt from the type of plug... its from different heat characteristics from the metal of a plug and the type of metal the head is... all plugs can seize in a head... just use anti-seize compound... and you wont have this problem... Im on another forum dedicated to V6...
  15. C

new to forum..

yeah... signed up awhile ago when i thought i was getting a 94 explorer xlt 4x4... but decided not to get it... and kept on coming on here to find information for friends vehicles... very helpfull site... but just bought a 2000 dark blue Ford explorer xlt, 4x4, 4.0L SOHC all factory, 114k...
  16. C

new to forum..

been lurking around for awhile... help run another ford site for F150's... but recently picked up a 2000 Ford Explorer 4x4 xlt... wanted something more family oriented... but could still have fun with it... mods soon to do... CAI, efans, exhaust....
Back