Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Mounts for UCA's snapped off the frame. Screwed?

I haven't seen this issue on a 3rd Gen explorer yet, but we see a lot of uca mounts break off on 99-present rangers and have seen older toyotas with the cross-shafts (similar to the explorer setup) do what yours have done. I'd take a look at the pieces to see if there is any existing rust in the...
  2. B

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

If I missed a call or email, I apologize. If you get my voicemail, please leave a message and I will call you back! We are very busy with multiple trucks almost all the time, but we are trying to also reduce lead-times on our mail order parts like the strut spacers and suspension kits.
  3. B

Torsion lift keys?

Torsion keys are a gimmick. Whether you use a key, or crank the bolts in, all you're doing is preloading the spring for more lift. Torsion bars cannot add lift without adding preload.
  4. B

'95-01 4x4 Longtravel install

Anyone that wants a kit can call me at 909-702-7462
  5. B

Thanks for posting the pics! We do not include the shock hoop, since every shock mfg. Length is a little bit different, and pre-made, easy to install hoops never really seem to fit perfectly. If it's a big concern for people, I'm sure We can be convinced ton jig up some basic hoops. By the...
  6. B

So... I'm almost done wrapping the install up, and found a few things out: Older (I believe) inner cv joints have a nice chamfer on the inside that allows for more axle articulation than a newer non chamfered design. This is an older (99') ranger we are doing the install on that has the vacuum...
  7. B

Stock cv joints and custom 300m shafts. I've tried dealing with rcv. They make a great product no doubt, but they had sample axles I sent them for over a month, and they still couldn't get me a timeframe on when they'd be complete and cost is $1900/pair. That's a pretty penny!
  8. B

It's finally here! A 4wd coilover kit! We will be installing it on a 4x4 ranger (same frame as explorers) this coming week. I'll be posting updates here as progress is made. Travel numbers should be about 12" limited by the stock tripod inner cv joint. We are still working on 930cv inner...
  9. B

Open letter for everyone waiting for spacer lift

Still $250, yes. Smallest we can do is 1.25" though, since any shorter than that won't allow you to get a wrench on the strut studs in between the spacer flanges.
  10. B

Open letter for everyone waiting for spacer lift

Hi guys/gals: I just wanted to post on here acknowledging that we are behind on many of your spacer lift kits that are currently on order. We are just a two-man shop, and sometimes we have problems getting the flanges cut in a timely manner from our supplier. We have also simply been...
  11. B

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

No lube. They have a Teflon liner which provides the lubrication, if you grease them, it just attracts dirt, which can become a gritty paste that will prematurely wear the Uniball.
  12. B

Im sorry for another c/o question

I'll assume youre on coilovers with stock lower arms? What rate is on there now? You might just be able to add preload to the coils. Just be careful that you cannot bind the coils at full bump.
  13. B

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

Pro: it looks cool Cons: increased upper balljoint angle/less balljoint life. Possibly increased cv joint wear, less droop travel Just being honest. Lift Spacers are the cheap and easy way to lift a truck. Not necessarily the best way, IMO.
  14. B

Im sorry for another c/o question

If you're signature says what your truck has: straight axle swap up front? If so, those springrates are too high. 200 over 200 will leave you with approximately 8" of shock shaft at ride height. 250/350 will sit very high.
  15. B

push/pull or pull/pull fans

Stock is best, pullers are second best, and pushers are the worst. At high speeds the pushers block a lot of airflow.
  16. B

Front end conversion question???

Well, anything CAN be done, but the amount of work involved would not be justifiable in this case.
  17. B

Front end conversion question???

^^^harsh, but true. 1st and 2nd Gen explorers have nothing in common as far as suspension. Gen1 is twin I beam, with a steering box. Gen2 is a arm suspension with rack and pinion. Nothing will match up.
  18. B

BTF's cut and turn beam exchange

We now have a complete kit available from 4-6" lift! Includes your choice of 4" or 6" coils, extended heimed radius arms with pivot brackets, cut and turned beams, and extended stainless steel braided brakelines. Cost will be $1125 with beam exchange or $1425 outright. If you guys want shocks...
  19. B

prerunner

Are you two or 4wd? If you're 4wd, we can get you set up for less than most shops can. From simple cut & turned beams, coils, and extended radius arms to long travel with coilovers.
  20. B

My 97 Exploder Pre-runneresk Project...

Aside from oil pan removal, I don't see an issue making the brace permanent. The shock tabs aren't an issue, IMO. With all the ribs on the underside of the top plate the butt welded plate is no longer an issue. Top plate would bend really easily without all the ribbing whether it has a weld or...
  21. B

Wanted 97 Explorer Lift!

Two or four wheel drive? Any kit that fits the ranger "edge" model (2wd) or a 98-present 4x4 ranger (if you're 4x4) will fit.
  22. B

So Doing a SAS FINALLY!!!

Bump... Dan: I broke my old phone, so call or text me when you see this so I have a number to send pics to. So far, frame is all stripped of everything not needed, the Dana 44 is regard and limited slip installed. Weve got the steering box ready to install as well, we went with a chevy box...
  23. B

My 97 Exploder Pre-runneresk Project...

I like your enthusiasm and willingness to do it yourself, but 8" extended arms are going to put WAY too much leverage against the torsion bars. My guess is when you set it down, it will fall straight to the bumpstops.
  24. B

What else do you 3rd Gen owners want?

Yes, I would still recommend the upper arms with the coilover lift. It's still lifting the vehicle in the same manner as the strut Spacers, so the upper balljoint angle will still be bad no matter how you lift the truck. I do not recommend stacking multiple lift parts to achieve more lift...
  25. B

What else do you 3rd Gen owners want?

The lower mounts on gen3's are recessed into the arm, so a custom rod end will be machined as well as custom misalign Spacers for use of the stock mounting hardware. Upper mount will likely be tabs welded to a flange.
Back