Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Glacier's "How Good Is An Ebay *Rebuilt* A4LD Transmission" ?

Maybe a member here would be willing to buy another "rebuilt/remanufactured" tranny and send it to you. If all is up to your standards, the member gets a piece of mind that the tranny is actually "good" If the tranny is not up to your standards, the forums gets a new diary and the member gets a...
  2. P

locking brakes

I had rear brakes lock up on my truck when they were cold or damp. I replaced the rear drums and all problems went away.
  3. P

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

I think the o2 sensors won't be fooled.
  4. P

a4ld Trans Problem

i had a problem that the rear output yoke on the transfer case was loose allowing the gear inside to slip. erratic speedo and cruise control problems.
  5. P

'94 Rebuilt A4LD - 100km's later vibration/klank....help

possibly the shift motor is not returning to 2wd position. remove your shift motor and verify the transfer case is in 2wd position. the motor may think that it is in 2wd but the tranfer case may be partially in 4wd.
  6. P

i dont think i have O/D

I am currently having the same problem. I have determined that the issue lies in the tranny. It could be the screen, a sticky solinoid, a bad servo or the drum the band goes around. I have done all of the electrical checks. I has 28 ohms continuity on the solinoids. I have a signal going to the...
  7. P

2.8 carby to 4.0 efi transmission interchange

The real part of this project would be to get the wiring harness from the 94 into the BII The newer BII had most of what you need already in place but the older ones did not.
  8. P

Scanners (and readers)....Who Uses What?

Yup, looks like mine!!! Real happy with mine so far. Since I have had it and trying to capture the errors that set the CEL, I have had not one!!!!! Maybe I will just leave it plugged in all the time!!! LOL
  9. P

Need some code help

OK, so I had to try out my new scanner!!!! These are all KOEO codes: 124 TPS high 172 lean bank 1 173 rich bank 1 176 lean bank 2 542 fuel pump secondary circuit failure I think the last one is in continous memory. I cleared the codes and got a a code 111 But I still get this code...
  10. P

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

I too would like to here of your mods!!!!! I have a 94 that needs to be massaged!!!!!
  11. P

Should I buy it? Check it out

I would be all over that!!!!
  12. P

Help with 4x4 not engaging, I searched, got a question

What I think is the problem is that the shift motor is not engaging all the way. Do the shift motor repair listed above, the brain box is now working. I had this happen too. It would not engage and the shift motor was trying to. I tapped LIGHTLY on it and got it to start working sporatically...
  13. P

hello everyone i need help please

The bypass only works if the right hand selector (temp and fan controls) is somewhere other than in the off position.
  14. P

Well this is what I bought. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AutoXray-EZ-Scan-6000-OBD-I-II-scanner-Free-Shipping_W0QQitemZ170041507644QQihZ007QQcategoryZ43989QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem May need some help from the ex-perts here!!!!
  15. P

Please help, I am undecided on the one I linked above or the Actron CP9150. Help me decide on which one!!!
  16. P

What do you guys think of this unit? http://www.tradervar.com/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi?cart_id=&page=ez6000.htm
  17. P

Transmission Troubles Advice Needed !

You can put a 2 wd 5 speed in. You will also need the drive shaft I believe. Remove the front shaft.
  18. P

replacing a4ld governor thru extension housing?

You will need to disconnect the drive shaft first. You will need to do this. Use a 12 point 12 mm wrench on the 4 bolts for the rear. Be careful, the transfer case is heavy.
  19. P

cel on 92 Explorer

It is on the passenger side on my 94. Not sure why it would be different than any other 1st. gen. ex.
  20. P

Block full of coolant

Well if nothing else, you will have a new set of heads!!!! Even if you did have to put an engine in it I would still put the new heads on it.
  21. P

Block full of coolant

Get some oil in those cylinders before they get any worse!!!! WD-40 will work too.
  22. P

Lack of overdrive need more "ex"pert advise

I am assuming that this is the switch on the brake pedal or the one on the master cyl. Is this the same switch that will cancel the cruise? Because I know that works. Mark
  23. P

turbocharging my Explorer

That is an awesome looking rig you have!!!
  24. P

warn replacement hubs for 93 EDB

I put 31 10.5 15" tires on mine with no problems. What is your trans fer case doing? Sometimes it is just a matter of your shift shaft may be a little sticky and repeated engaging and disengaging fixes the problem. I had to tap on mine and try to engage it. It started out hit and miss but...
  25. P

Lack of overdrive need more "ex"pert advise

I did do a ohms check on the connector on the fender well while I had it apart. They both read 30 ohms which means that the coils and the wires are good.
Back