Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Dre

1st Gen Winter photo contest

Here ya go:
  2. Dre

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

I'll probably post photos - usually I drive these cars here in the States for a bit before shipping.
  3. Dre

I just spent two months in Europe - do travel between the US and Poland pretty often. Working on a new one right now.
  4. Dre

Still mine! Going to be sold pretty soon as I have my eyes on a new one! Enjoy!
  5. Dre

Mystery ground wire

Been a while - you're right. I did install a new frame to transmission ground wire at that time. Truck has been long gone now. On my third Interceptor right now.
  6. Dre

RDE is Debica, southeast Poland. I spend most of my time in Chicago but still keep my "escape pod" in Poland - sort of my home away from home.
  7. Dre

Here it is, final moments with my 2013 PIU - might be going to another Ford fanatic sometime soon. 2014 stays in the family for now!
  8. Dre

Seat Swap Airbag Question

I'm going to have to get back to you on this one - I'll get my scanner connected to make sure I am pointing you in the right direction. Will not be possible until early next week though. Remind me if I forget.
  9. Dre

Seat Swap Airbag Question

I have resolved issues with Airbags with both of my PIU's - both had fault codes stored in the memory - both were erased with ForScan.
  10. Dre

Stiff steering

I know how it feels when it's not working - had to deal with it when my alternator went out. In this instance it is not like butter like it's supposed to be and it's not completely down, just harder and not returning to straight after a turn. Suspect alignment but that was done like 500 miles ago...
  11. Dre

Stiff steering

I have noticed steering to be quite a bit stiffer lately on my 2014 PIU. Since this is electric assist would this mean that the unit is going bad or something more sinister? Anyone deal with this problem in the past?
  12. Dre

2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings

Or you can install Parrot Bluetooth Car System. I did that in my 2013 PIU - my 2014 came with Sync.
  13. Dre

Ran out gas - gauge or sender?

Miles to empty on these does not correspond to the actual values pretty much. I do go by the gauge though which in this case did not, does not work as it should. Chances are something was replaced throughout the years - might of been wrong sender at one point. Just speculating
  14. Dre

Ran out gas - gauge or sender?

Felt really stupid last Saturday when I ran out of gas on the tollway. H.E.L.P. was there to rescue me but non the less - how do you run out of gas when gauge still shows somewhere in the middle between empty and 1/4 tank and computer says 86 miles to empty? Is it possible that sender is bad...
  15. Dre

Cell phone mount

I did buy mine from ProClip - pretty well designed and built although a bit expensive
  16. Dre

A Pillar / Spotlight ????

If you opt out to drill the molding you can download instructions including how to cut the hole from Unity's website - that's at least what I did when I replaced moldings on my 2013.
  17. Dre

Replacing front seats

Just FYI - I did replace the seats, plugged them in and connected heat. Airbag light went out after reset. All good. If you have specific questions please let me know.
  18. Dre

How do I get Rear Windows to go up and down

all good - overhead lights work - bulbs were taken out - windows work as well - I did not have to do anything except to work a bit on the switches that have not been used in quite a while. thanks though - might help someone else!
  19. Dre

Power Transfer Unit (PTU) Leak

Would be interesting to hear from others - I have 77,000 miles on mine and so far the only problem I have had was with a bone dry PTU. And yes, $2400.00 is a bit steep especially since Ford is the only guilty party here with faulty design (IMO) of the driveline on this vehicle from the beginning.
  20. Dre

2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings

I was not able to get my Remote Start working. I did install hood switch, enabled RS in both, IPC and BCM but it will still not work - I do not touch ASBUILT - I work with everything in set-up where you select what you want to do... I'll get some screen shots later on. Just busy - don't really...
  21. Dre

Check your PTU fluid level!

We shall see - gotta drain it again sometime soon to see if any of the sludge inside dissolved...
  22. Dre

I did the "vent tube mod" but it's pretty tedious filling this thing up through a quarter inch hole - will definitely change oil again, sometime soon... and possibly another time for good measure within a month - think that if those are not satisfactory I might even go with filling it up with...
  23. Dre

We should do something like -->October is the "Low PTU oil level awareness month"<-- Just a reminder people - check PTU oil in your vehicle often! I procrastinated and kept driving even though I have noticed pick-up in vibrations from the driveline of my 2013 Utility - decided to do the oil...
  24. Dre

Keyless Entry help

did you check the battery? I just programmed two different fobs and both worked.
  25. Dre

Heated seats - ideas?

Rick, I still have the police center console and am going to utilize it for the switches and to hide the wiring. Just wanted to know what people have done to hook these up, just basic seat heater switches off amazon or ebay and relays or a ready to go wiring kit... that's all. I can get the...
Back