Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Double your pleasure... DIY Doubler!

I just got rid of my spare manual T-case because it sat for a year waiting on me to build a doubler. :mad:
  2. M

Hmmm 42's on the exploder????

excellent, so maybe only $9,999.98 to go! lol love the look of your sport track, I'd like to someday build up one of them maybe, I don't think I've seen one really 'beefed' up. this is my fav!
  3. M

Just need a nice detroit allison under the hood, maybe a D60 & 14 bolt, or even better some unimog portals under it. Wonder if I could still daily drive it? LOL
  4. M

Towing with a lifted Ex.

I'm running 35's with 4:10's works good for me. I have an extra large aftermarket tranny cooler with electric fan, best investment I ever made, after swapping 4 trannies without this stuff, it's easy to see why & how I burned them up! She gets HOT!!! When I tow on steep hills it'll get to...
  5. M

Help! 1991 Navajo won't start. Just bought it, need it for work!!

my thoughts exactly, it's called the inertia switch, it's function is to shut off the fuel pump in the event of an accident, when you nailed that hole, it probably triggered the inertia switch. When you just go key on, you should be able to hear the fuel pump prime itself.
  6. M

Worst stuck pic thread

That's why you don't use tow ropes with hooks, get yourself a true recovery strap. Hooks kill or seriously injur. This is not a recovery strap.. this is what you need, the higher rated the better My recovery gear consists of recovery straps, different sized clevis, tree savers...
  7. M

Overheating XLT

water pump?
  8. M

42 inch iroks look do-able with maybe minor fender trimming, the only problem will be with stuffing..... and by that I mean stuffing thousands of dollars into my buddy's wallet to make it all happen! :D:D:D
  9. M

idle issues

yes
  10. M

Snow Wheeling Trip - chains?

Thanks, it's my custom TTB snowplow! I also do parking lots and sidewalks! :D
  11. M

Snow Wheeling Trip - chains?

air down and go slow so you get traction, once you start to slip & dig in, stop. back up a bit and try at it again. You'll likely also be plowing a lot of snow, so once it builds up enough in front of your truck, it'll stop you. Back up a bit and have at it again.
  12. M

who has the most ttb/independent flex??

whoa!!! far too much droop there! It'a ain't crawler now! :D But I like that you're thinking Eddie Bauer! :P
  13. M

And that's why I said it's not my best pic, you need to use your imagination as to how much droop is going on with the driver's side of the ttb! Are you picturing it? .... :D
  14. M

Not my best flex pic, this was taken quite a few years ago just after the Cut & Turn was done, rolling on 33's
  15. M

need some advice on putting a lift on my '91 explorer

There's also some chevy shackles & hangers made by Belltech for the rear leafs, They're beltech 6500 that will gain you about 2 inches of lift. as for posting pics, go to photobucket.com and open a free account, you can copy and paste the image codes from there once you upload your pics.
  16. M

I know nothing about Lifts....but I wanna..

My lift is all custom, it's not a kit you can buy. We did a cut & turn to the front TTB, built custom radius arms with heim joints & drop cross member. Used F250 shock towers welded to the coil buckets, BDS 6 inch lift springs & did a SOA on the rear. I suspect that a 6 inch lift kit will give...
  17. M

I know nothing about Lifts....but I wanna..

Forget the body lift, you'll get much more use out of a suspension lift. Here's mine with a 6 inch lift & 35's
  18. M

suspension upgrade?

If you plan on towing with it and it's an auto, I'd highly suggest getting a larger tranny cooler with electric fan to help keep it cool. Also get a trnny temp gauge as the A4LD in these are prone to puke their fluid when they get too hot. I'm on #4 already and only just added the afore...
  19. M

Tire size poll and tire brand ideas

I'm running 35 MTR's with 4:10's :thumbsup: best tire I've run so far, works great in the snow. I've ran BFG's and LTB's but the MTR's by far have been the best.
  20. M

5.5 or 6 inch lift with 35" tires pics.

yup I haven't trimmed my fenders and never rubbed anywhere on mine except for the extended radius arms. The rears come really close, but so far so good!
  21. M

5.5 or 6 inch lift with 35" tires pics.

Red one is running 35's
  22. M

Solved Transmission Band Adjustment Specification Chart

I'm having some issues, if I keep on the gas, the RPMs will continue to rise with no upshift unless I let off the gas, then it'll shift. I don't know if it's actually shifting into 2nd or 3rd though. I've replaced the servo, no change. I adjusted the bands and it shifted great for a while...
  23. M

Not upshifting into second gear?

I'm having the same issues, (dunno if cruise affects it or not) But if I keep on the gas, the RPMs will continue to rise with no upshift unless I let off the gas, then it'll shift. I don't know if it's actually shifting into 2nd or 3rd though. I've replaced the servo, no change. I adjusted...
  24. M

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

yup:mad:
  25. M

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

I hear ya.... :D (frikking theives)
Back