Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

better tranny

Did he actually say "it ain't worth a spit."
  2. I

I passed the test..I am an official DIYer

Congrats! Before you know it, you'll be hammering ball joints out of the spindle thinking to yourself "what the hell did I get myself into." It's all UPHILL from here!
  3. I

Time to say goodbye to...

.....my 94 Ex. I am at the point where I will be sinking more money into it than it is worth. I went today and traded it in for a......dare I say it...... a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder! I basically walked into the dealership, and within 3 hours I was driving away with my new Pathfinder. It...
  4. I

Camshaft position sensor

^^^^ You see, I was told my 94 has California emissions, but that just doesn't make sense. My Ex was bought new in Cleveland, then registered in Columbus, Ohio, and now registered in Chicago. It has never once even set foot in California, so why would I have Cali emissions????
  5. I

Camshaft position sensor

Not on a 1st gen Ex. You have to get the whole thing, shaft, gear, and sensor.
  6. I

Camshaft position sensor

I have had the same problem since I bought my Ex. The sensor is on the verrrry back of the engine behind the lower intake manifold. It connects to an oil pump shaft I think. Good luck finding one used though. They are about $600 new from the dealer. I have been looking for one for 4 years...
  7. I

Takes waaaaay too long to get heat

Well, I am posting this for a friend with a problem: He has a 97 Explorer Eddie Bauer with a SOHC V6. When he starts his Ex, it takes him a good 15 to 20 minutes for heat to blow thru the vents. He does have the electronically controlled system with controls for the rear also. I told him...
  8. I

I can't believe I was that dumb

Hey, don't feel bad. A few months ago I got quite loaded and ripped my whole exaust system off by driving over a tree stump. And of course all this happened when I was about 400 miles away from home. Ahhhhhh.... the price we pay to have a good time!
  9. I

What part in the auto hubs causes the "HUMMM" when the hubs start to wear out?

OK, I found a link for you: Dead Link Removed This should answer all your questions.
  10. I

What part in the auto hubs causes the "HUMMM" when the hubs start to wear out?

If you were to look into the center of the hub all the way at the bottom, there is a bearing there with a clip holding it in place. Remove the clip, and the bearing will slide out. I took the part # off the bearing and called NAPA. They cross-referenced the # and sold me a replacement...
  11. I

fuel line fitting to filter

Atrick I used to get mine off: 1)Push the tool into place and hold it there. 2)Grab the line with one hand and the filter with the other hand. 3)Spin the filter so it breaks free from the fitting. 4)Wiggle the line from off the filter It is kind of a pain to do this job, but once...
  12. I

Oil Changes RULE!

I like driving in the mud.... ...to each his own.
  13. I

what why and how of REBUILT TITLES

If that vehicle is re-titled in another state, it will not show salvage on the title. If you are interested in the truck, you can run a VIN history on it. Find the original owner, and contact them about the damage. If you are in Indiana, it is a good chance (if it is a salvage vehicle)...
  14. I

Fuel smell

15. I

Fuel smell

Sorry if this is going to sound vague, but..... There are two vacuum hoses running off your charcoal canister. One runs underneath the upper intake to a solenoid (sorry, I can't remember the exact name of the solenoid). It's round, and about 2 inches long. That solenoid has a habit of...
  16. I

Driveshaft

I had a shop in Columbus, Ohio do mine last year. They installed the two U-joints I provided and balanced the shaft for $40.00. I was pleased.
  17. I

I'm looking for a hand pump to put diff. fluid in????

4 feet of rubber hose and a funnel.
  18. I

Custom intake pics-01/11/03

That looks fantastic! Very nice job! One question: what will you gain from that other than it looking pretty? Any power gained?
  19. I

Fuel Pump Motor

I'm not exactly sure about fuel pumps, but I would feel more comfortable with a fuel pump from NAPA or Carquest than one from Autozone or Murray's. If it says GP Sorenson on the box, don't buy it! Your mechanic is saying that you can just replace the fuel pump instead of purchasing the qhole...
  20. I

Noise contiues, still stumped?

Keep us posted Don, I am curious as to your results.
  21. I

WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!

WHOA! Hartman, are you being serious? You are quick on the draw! Is that the one with the radium diode?
  22. I

WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!

About two weeks ago, my left turn signal froze, and it wouldn't blink anymore. When I would turn the signal on, it would just stick. I assumed it was a burned out bulb, but I haven't had time to fix it. So yesterday, I was at the drive-thru car wash. I pulled into the car wash and sat there...
  23. I

Who lives in Illinois?

hmmmmm. I'm srprised that I never saw this thread. I live in Chicago, north side (Edgewater area) more specifically. I work out in Rosemont, near O' Hare. Glad to see there are some Illinois people here!
  24. I

Engine hesitates with accelerator push...

I am not doubting you, but why do you say that? Thanks!
  25. I

Engine hesitates with accelerator push...

Hey! I have a hesitation problem also, and my exhaust tone has changed to a deep vibrating hum when I am stopped. What was the peoblem you are having?
Back