Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

I need help installing a sub amp & head unit.

Make sure to run the power down one side of your car and the signal down the other side! Do you mean the AVH-p3200dvd? I have that in one of my cars. Its a nice HU. I do wish i would have shelled out the extra 150 and gotten the avh-p4200 (larger screen, and usb port in the back....i hate...
  2. D

Installing a backup camera

thanks for all the info, i'll keep you guys updated on the process.
  3. D

There is an AV jack in the back for a backup cam, that part i know, what i wasn't quite sure of, was how to hook it up to the reverse lamp. I can just tap into the left or right pos/neg wires at the rear of the car, and that's it?
  4. D

New Pioneer Deck

I have this deck and love it! There are a few things that would be nice having, like a usb port in the rear (i think the 4200 has it, but wasn't going to pay an extra 250 for it). My screen did go out on it, started with a green line across the screen (in the middle dammit) and then a blue one...
  5. D

its a wired setup. I picked it up pretty cheap off amazon (i think the brand is Boyo...it was $27). The instruction were limited, I'll probably try installing it towards the end of the week.
  6. D

Im going to try to install a backup camera in my wifes 2006 Toyota Matrix xr. Has anyone had experience with these? I've heard that you can splice into the reverse light power wire to power the camera (so that it turns on when you put it in reverse). Its going to be hooked up to a Pioneer...
  7. D

Where is the location of the stock amplifier?

If i were you, i'd just buy an inexpensive 4 ch amp and put that in the place of the factory one! It might be a little more work than replacing a resistor, but I think in the long run you'll be better off! good luck!
  8. D

Picking up local channels in car

thanks for the info, the car i was thinkin of putting it in was a toyota matrix, and it has a built in inverter, so i could plug in a normal one, but i think you have answered my question about how the reception is. i know that since the digital switch, that signals are a lot more powerfull, so...
  9. D

Picking up local channels in car

Has anyone put an antenna in their car, so they can pickup local channels on their head unit? I have a pioneer Avh-p3200dvd and it has an extra rca input in the back of the unit. i was thinking that i could put a converter box, and a small antenna under the dash, and pickup the news while...
  10. D

amp/sub help

did you check to see if your thermal light was on? i had that happen on my MTX TE801D. I took it to a local guy i found on craigslist and he said that happens when a transistor(s) on the board craps out creating a roadblock for the signal. pull the amp out and try another one...if humming is...
  11. D

Battery Wire

Do I just cut the old one off... How does the new one go on?
  12. D

Battery Wire

I put in an optima red top in the x recently and when i was taking the old battery out, the piece that hooks onto the positive battery terminal fell apart on me. How hard is it to replace it? Any tips/advice would be great!
  13. D

subwoofer question

post a link to what setup you're talking about.
  14. D

Where is the location of the stock amplifier?

Its a little bit of a pain to remove! you have to pull your passenger side rear seat belt. I had to use a large pipe wrench to get it off. you then have to pull out all those plastic push pins (about 20) that break really easily. make sure to remove the panel that goes along the bottom of...
  15. D

HHO Kit

I ran a setup for a while, and it worked out just fine...the more hho you introduce into your engine, the hotter it will get....its up to you how hot you want to run your engine....you can tweak your cooling system to counter the added heat! It would be awesome if the EPA or some organizaiton...
  16. D

Mtx help!

went and checked the connections and everything looks good....about 30 seconds after the stereo turns on, i can hear the fan going full blast...and the thermal light is still on...what can i do?
  17. D

Worth doing?

its not a bad job at all...nothing too complicated. i make sure to change the breaks before any damage to the rotors happen, and all you have to do is get a new set of pads and some grease so they wont squeak. i used to get the expensive ceramic ones, now i get the 30 buck set...works like a...
  18. D

Mtx help!

I am having a problem with my MTX TE801D amp. I was driving my explorer for the first time in couple weeks, and while i was listening to the radio, i heard a garbled noise come from the door speakers, and then no bass (still music through the doors). i got back late from the drive, so i didn't...
  19. D

power window problems

while i was camping a couple weeks ago, my driver side front window started to come up crooked....it makes these clunk noises when it goes up, and i have to try to pull the window towards the back of the car, while hitting the up button in order to get it to close completely. i pulled the door...
  20. D

Sub & Amp Question

it really depends on what you are looking for out of a system (boombing bass or just a little something to give some deep sounds). that setup you have will be fine for filling in the deep sounds, but not a lot more than that. if you are sure that you want a system, i would say to install it...
  21. D

Sub & Amp Question

if you are getting those for free, then go for it....it looks like the amp is going to be a little weak, but probably will do the job....is this your first setup?
  22. D

94 Explorer: To Bypass or Not To Bypass

i would definitely bypass! i have a 94 xlt, and i was having a problem where the passenger door speaker was crackling, i was hoping that it was just a bad conection on the back of the deck, but after i checked it out and everything was tightly connected, it had to be the amp. i pulled the...
  23. D

Nick's Sound-Deadening Journey

what kind of setup do you have? is that a basslink i see mounted in your cargo area? seems like you're going overkill on the sound dampening just for a 200 watt setup. just my oponion
  24. D

Getting the x ready for camping

well, i ran out of time this weekend, so i didn't get a chance to swap the thermostat, but i was able to flush the radiator, it seems to be running cooler than before, so we'll see how she does!
  25. D

Speaker pop, loose connection?

I had that same problem, it ended up being the factory amp that was on its last leg...try bypassing the amp and see if that fixes it...good luck!
Back