Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

4r55e Temperature operation explorer 1995

alohamonte and in the city the average is?? Thanks for your help
  2. A

4r55e Temperature operation explorer 1995

Hello guys does anyone know which is the 4R55E correct temperature operation? I installed a gauge and I am getting 230 Degree Fahrenheit!!!, no matter if it is a city or highway driving. Thanks a lot for your help :)
  3. A

4r55e to 5r55e

So the swap is possible or not??
  4. A

4r55e/5r55e swap

OzzE any updates on this problem??
  5. A

Explorer 1995 4R55E to 5R55E No Lockup

What happened to this swap?? it didn't works??
  6. A

fuel pump issue???

To finish this thread: The PCM and Fuel pump relay were replaced. The issue is gone completely. Regards
  7. A

fuel pump issue???

ok I will replace the pump, I do not have a gauge to test the PSI. Thanks a lot
  8. A

fuel pump issue???

Hello guys I hope you’re doing fine, I have a 1995 stock Ford explorer, usually when I turn the key to the ignition position I can hear the fuel pump working for just 2 seconds, lately I hear that the fuel pump is working for more than 5 seconds even 10, the problem is that the car starts and...
  9. A

Flywheel damaged

Me too bob!!! I will be posting photos about it.
  10. A

Flywheel damaged

2000StreetRod that sounds to me, the guy broke the old starter case in order to fit into the flexplate, so the correct position is the one in the picture? when you dismount the transmission your are not able to see the spacer right?
  11. A

Flywheel damaged

A year ago the flexplate and the spacer was replaced, the guy who did it did it wrong, he modified the starter motor in order to start the engine. During almost one year the car was working good, 3 days ago the car was not starting again, I pulled the starter out and found something was wrong...
  12. A

Flywheel damaged

Hello guys I hope you’re doing fine, I have a ford explorer 1995 stock, with automatic transmission. I wondering is somebody has a flywheel replacement diagram that can send me to my email alexsalasch@hotmail.com or post it here. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks a lot guys. :)
  13. A

engine issues??

Update Resolved Hi Guys, as ranger7ltr says I replaced the fuel filter (completely dirty) And I replaced the fuel pump, amazing the issue is resolved, I couldn’t believe that a damaged pump could cause that bizarre fault. Thanks to all you guys. explorer up and running :D
  14. A

engine issues??

correct, the voltage increase smoothly as the engine speed was increased so looks like the sensor is ok, on monday I will replaced the fuel filter. I just purchase a scanner to get the codes but I need to wait until it gets here. I do not have too many options!!!
  15. A

engine issues??

Ok I did the first part of the test, I uploaded in youtube just take a look. let me know what do you think, is the MAFS damaged? also I did the TPS test, result is ok.
  16. A

engine issues??

ok guys I will do it, and let you know the results thanks a lot for your comments
  17. A

engine issues??

Hi wiilians, fuel filter was replaced a year ago, this is a wierd case if I drive the car slow it works good, but in the highway is impossible to drive. if you press more and more the accelerator pedal the car feels like is gonna stop. I am wondering if the problem is in the automatic...
  18. A

engine issues??

today I talked to the mechanic he wont do anything in the car. I found today that one of the spark plug wires was damaged, I replaced all the wires, still same problem. :(
  19. A

engine issues??

Sure I will and I will let you know the results.
  20. A

engine issues??

follow up according to the service manual the firing order is correct. I just clean the MAFS with contact cleaner and same situation. I can not put the old spark plugs I threw them away. Any advice? thanks a lot guys :thumbsup:
  21. A

engine issues??

Hello guys, I have an explorer 1995 with automatic transmission, the problem is this: when I press the accelerator pedal the car starts to accelerate good (if I do it slow) but when it try to do it fast, the engine does not respond with power, sounds like the shift is not being made and also...
  22. A

Hello from Costa Rica. My flexplate, and starter were replaced, but I have a problem.

Hello just to let you know guys I replaced the spacer as BrooklynBay said, and now the ford is up and running. Thanks a lot for you help :D :exp:
Back