Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Muddy Coolant

Thankyou everyone, time to hunt down that mechanic. Hopefully I don't have to show him my tires too (up close). My truck is my baby.:salute:
  2. 9

Oil Pressure Guage, OH MY!

I knew that the person I bought it from had replaced the gaskets due to an oil leak and not done it right, then took the truck out and blew the heads by beating on it while offroading right afterward. I figured there was a very good chance that the problems occured do to that party being...
  3. 9

sry, took me a little to get back. I took them both off, and picked another up at a salvage place. I tossed the crack one out and had the other two both planed and checked out. before I put it back together. If i remember right, the blown one had a crack inside where the coolant and oil were...
  4. 9

Muddy Coolant

I posted a few days ago about a oil pressure guage problem i was having, I went outside today to double and triple check everything. So i might be able to fix it by the weekend. Oil level, fine. maybe 1/4in low on dipstick. Power steering level, empty. (I believe it was trans fluid in there from...
  5. 9

Awesome, tysm!
  6. 9

:us: I have a 93' XLT 4wd, 4dr, auto... It's been reworked a bunch of times, I used to fix things i thought might go ahead of time, lol. I can't bring myself to get rid of it, probably never will. I had a hard enough time getting rid of my 91'. I rebuilt the 93's top end of the motor 3yrs ago...
  7. 9

Tranny won't shift to 2ND, Modulator changed...

i replaced the hose, I put a new extension between the modulator and steel hose from the front, (steel brush nope), it is an adjustable. I didn't adjust it at all. I'm not sure how to check the governor, but i did read a thread where you need to drop transfer case. I'm, sry when it comes to...
  8. 9

Tranny won't shift to 2ND, Modulator changed...

:exp: HELP! I have a 93' XLT, 4wd. With the A4LD Tranny. About a month ago, I went to start the truck and my keys got caught in the shifter on the column, and the truck half started and popped the hoses off the vaccuum tree. It's happened before. I went under the hood and reconnected them...
  9. 9

Brake lines

cool :us:Thanks guys, i can see i have my work cut out for me. You have been ALOT of help. Thanks.
  10. 9

Brake lines

:us:I went to get my exploder inspected, I found out i need to replace the main brake line from the front to the back, due to a little rust on it. (the long one) Anybody ever have to do this? I can't find a replacement, so I was told i had to bend it, which is ok, but then I had to find the...
  11. 9

Power Window Bushing Replacement

did anyone ever have the wire break? the one that looks like a bicycle gear wire? mine broke, and i'm lost.
  12. 9

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

did anyone ever have the wire break? the one that looks like a bicycle gear wire? mine broke, and i'm lost.
  13. 9

93' XLT puzzling oil pressure.

Thanks guys, I'm about to go start with changing the oil, but i'll let ya' all know what happens. I figure it's something just old.:us:
  14. 9

fans?

Ever think of an electric fan? I dumped my clutch and fan, and replaced it with a full electric version. Added some horses too.
  15. 9

93' XLT puzzling oil pressure.

:exp::us: MY (3' Was rebuilt from the pistons up about 20,000 miles ago. it's got 186,000 on it now. I've had lots of problems with it, but enjoyed fixing them. Problem Is: the oil pressure gauge is steady in the center while driving, but when coming to a stop, goes low and wiggles does there...
  16. 9

No Heat

Turns Out The One Hse Was Cold And The Other Was Hot, The coolant Wasn't Flowing Thru The Heater Core. Some DEbris Got Stuck At End Of Hose In The Core Itself. THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUr HELP! RIDE HIGH!
  17. 9

No Heat

awesome, thanks guys, looks like I have a few things to check, just found out mine doesn't have a heater control valve. gonna change therm again, and check out that resistor. Maybe Just Get A New Blower Motor, Might as Well Everything else is New..
  18. 9

No Heat

nope not the slider, that all works fine, a buddy just told me it's most likely my heater control valve switch. Any Ideas?
  19. 9

No Heat

blend door? Air Comes Out It's Just Not Hot.
  20. 9

No Heat

:us: I replaced Everything In My Engine As Far As Heating/Cooling. In My 93'. New Radiator, New Water Pump, New Hoses And Clamps, New Therm (and checked to make sure it worked), New Heater Core. Even Bought Electric Fan Kit With Own Thermostat For Fan. I Also Rebuilt The Engine Up From The...
  21. 9

Rear Windows

But I Take It The Wire Can't Be Reconnected Somehow?
  22. 9

Rear Windows

thankX
  23. 9

Rear Windows

I Have A 91' X and A 93' X. Both The Trucks Have The Rear Drivers Windows Broken. The Motor Runs, But The Wire That Makes It Move Up And DOwn Pulled Out Of The Motor. Anyone Have Any Ideas On How To Fix This? I Got Pissed At My 91' And Ripped The Whole Motor Out And Threw It Away. But I COuld...
  24. 9

Help! I can't remove my rear brake drum

There's A Stop On The Star Wheel Push It Forward (Toward Outside) With One Small Screw Drivers While You Push The Start Wheel With Another. I fought Tooth And Nail For A Day Until I :us: realized The Problem.
  25. 9

This sounds to absurd to be true!

My Wife Grabbed The Shifter And Slammed It Into Park One Day While I Was Driving (She Was Mad)... It Didn't Shift, Just Slowed Down Suddenly. Don't Know If That Helps. I Had To Turne The Truck Off And Mess With The Shifter (auto) To Get It Right Again. Only Took A Minute Or Two, So Far No...
Back