Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

changing oil this weekend..what brand do u recommend?

I was using Mobil 1 before i switched to Valvoline Max Life. Together with the Valvoline Max Life, i also had to use a different filter (not one that i would like to), because my regular filter was out of stock. When i start her up in the mornings, i get a little ticking for a few seconds. I...
  2. P

Groaning from suspension flex (front).

I've got the torsion bars for my 95, and i'm getting this groaning noise when i go over speed bumps. It's not the wheels bearings, because it doesn't occur when it moving along the road. It only happens when the suspension is flexed quite a bit (going over speed bump at reasonable speed). It's...
  3. P

Pictures of my Painted Calipers w/Cobra R's

Uhhhh....that's not paint on your rotors is it??? I hope it's just a reflection off the chrome onto the rotors!!
  4. P

Please help with axle code!

No problem man. We're always glad to be of help to anyone. :-)
  5. P

Well, did you check out the site that i made a link to above my message? Hope that helped you out.
  6. P

axle codes Perhaps a search on the internet using "bronco axle codes" will turn out a lot of stuff. Kinda hard looking for Bronco codes on an Explorer board wouldn't you say? Heehee. :-)
  7. P

Flowmaster Resonance?

Brad, i got my resonated tip from Vibrant.
  8. P

How big is the gas tank??

i'll let my computer tell me to fill up this tank. I want to see how soon the warning beep comes on and see how much gas i have at that point.
  9. P

My owner's manual for my 95 says 22gallons for the 4 door.
  10. P

Anyone know what it would take to power a self-built golf cart? I'm thinking of building one, and i think i'll need a good muffler to make it quiet. suggestions? Oh yeah...nothing too power-packed, otherwise i'll get thrown out of the course for burning the fairway. LOL!
  11. P

Flowmaster Resonance?

COUGARX: I just had my exhaust done 2.25" piping from cat-back, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler. I had this drone coming from the the exhaust at a certain RPM, and it was just crappy having it there since it was highway rpms. Anyway, i decided to beautify the end, and bought myself a resonated...
  12. P

Engine cranks but does not start

what about the fuel pressure regulator?
  13. P

i wonder what race gas, A performance wire, a K&N and no muffler would do for a lawn mower! hehe.
  14. P

changing oil this weekend..what brand do u recommend?

Ditto on the Valvoline Max Life. My truck performs just like it did on Mobil 1, so i think the reduced cost with VML is a definite plus!
  15. P

Front wheel scrub

Well, you do have AWD right? The setting used for your model year (as far as the 4x4 switch goes) is AUTO, 4WD HIGH, 4WD LOW. The Auto setting is what you should be using on the street, and yes, you'll feel that the wheels are sort of being driven, since the front diff is somewhat in a locked...
  16. P

Can you believe this? Animal bit fuel line and wiring harness!

That's one expensive scratching post.
  17. P

Groaning front end

Yes, the cold weather is here again. The groaning noise i get from under the truck is back. Anyone got any ideas? I tried spraying synthetic lube on the bushings to see if i could soften them up a little, and i sprayed lube on the part with the Kevlar patch. Noise is still there. :-(
  18. P

Exhaust options

Ok, well...looks like there's no other option but to redo the exhaust from the broken part back. Not too expensive really. I got mine done for CDN$240 cat-back. That's about US$160. And i got a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler. Just tell them you want the cheapest damn muffler that they can get to...
  19. P

1995 XLT 4dr, 4x4 Any Problems?

Well...hmmm. I've got a 95 EB 4x4 w/128,125miles on it. I was a little skeptical at first, but it seems like my decision to buy was a good one. I needed a cheap 4x4 that still looked good and worked good. Touch wood, but it's given me no problems except for a binding driver's side tie-rod...
  20. P

Goodyear Wrangler AT/S's being bad

Well, i think there were some people who were asking about Goodyear Wranglers, and some people who had lots of good things to say about them. What really pushed me towards the Michelin Cross Terrains was this: One day i'm driving down the road, and come to a red light. There's this Jeep Grand...
  21. P

Exhaust options

Yeah, if you want low-buck and you're gonna sell it, just weld the leak shut. Cheapest solution that'll last another... 6months to a year?
  22. P

Just installed a custom Dynomax 2.25"

and my mileage went down a little. I reset the computer after the install, and lost about 0.6mpg for the new tank of gas that i pumped after the install. How long does it take for the computer to learn again after the reset? Perhaps it's my right foot...hehe. In addition, i just changed from...
  23. P

Alarm Wiring Harness

Hope this helps. There's one for the 95 Explorer as well, don't know what's the difference. Dead Link Removed
  24. P

K&N air injection kit

Nitelife: I'll try and get pics up really soon. I've already taken them...just need to find something to finish the roll of film with!! LOL!
  25. P

K&N air injection kit

Maxxus, i've got the OHV as well and installed the FIPK in April. Liked it. Just got a custom 2.25" exhaust done with a Dynomax, EVEN BETTER. What goes in, must come out. Go with the 2.25" exhaust and i guarantee you'll love it even more. For near stock sound, go with the Force II from...
Back