Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

12v on both wires of injectors, but...

VIN clearly shows it is a 1994 Without an EGR it should be pre 94 F37F-12A650-ZB ECM should be for a 1992 or 1993 Got me confused
  2. M

f37f-12a650-zb shows it's for a 92-93 explorer or ranger. Look up the your vin number, that will show the year
  3. M

"wiring diagram of the injection system for a 4.0v6 explorer" posted here. Wiring diagram also shows pressure feedback electronic module. If you are in Italy, the Explorers maybe does not have the same emissions controls as in the USA. "When I tested the wires, the injector coil was...
  4. M

I have had that problem with my 94 explorer. Turned out that the deta pressure feedback sensor (DPFE) went bad and had a short inside that killed the 5 volt reference from the PCM. Simply unplug it at the sensor and try to start the engine.Only take two minutes to try that.
  5. M

YES there is 12v on both wires. The injector is feed 12v on one wire, the voltage passes through the injector coil and out through the other one. The PCM will ground that wire for a milli second completing the circuit. If you don't have 12v on both wires then the injector coil is bad.
  6. M

I just bought a 1994 Explorer, and it won't start.

Odd chance your EGR pressure sensor MAY have shorted out and killed the computer 5 volt power. That"s what happen to mine. Simply unplug the sensor and see if it will start.
  7. M

1993 Ford Explorer Lift Hatch Hinge Troubles

There was a recall on the lift gate hinges, which neans Ford will fix them free. Your problem may or may not be covered by that recall. it won't cost you a penny to stop by any Ford dealer and ask,.
  8. M

Does a 93 Explorer XLT 4x4 NO EGR Have a CMP???

1993 Ford EXPLORER Submodel: |Engine Type: V6| Liters: 4.0 Fuel Delivery: FI| Fuel: GAS The CMP sensor provides the camshaft position information, called the CMP signal, which is used by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) for fuel synchronization. NOTE: 1991–93 2.3L and 1991–95 4.0L (VIN...
  9. M

Need Quick Help... SOLVED.. Thank You

inertia switch seldom go bad. Not much in the manual about it .PDF file below I had the same problem as you,(quite running suddenly ) Found out the DPFE module had shorted out inside, killed all 5 volt power from the computer. Quick fix was to unplug the DPFE and of course it turned the check...
  10. M

Need Quick Help... SOLVED.. Thank You

94 Explorer engine controls 1of 2 2 of 2 above
  11. M

Door strike help!

I did the same thing with mine, but after removing some interior trim the nut was easily retrieved.
  12. M

94 vaccum modulator repalced now not shifting

I put an adjustable vacuum modulator on mine, never needed do any adjusting, works just fine. I would say he dropped the pin out of it and never saw it.
  13. M

Fluid on wheel

Dog P, Brake fluid would be on the inside of rim
  14. M

A4LD troubles

I had the same thing, was given a 94 explorer because of transmission was doing the same as yours. I rebuilt it with a standard overhaul kit (about $298 & my labor), plus a couple other small mods. Never did figure out what the problem was, other than the servo seals were hard as a brick...
  15. M

No power / will not start

If nothing at all works, Got to be a Dead Battery or a Loose power cable.
  16. M

Seat belts not locking

Explorer seat belts lock the slack spool by sudden deceleration or hard braking by a weight that swings foward. Some cars did or do latch by centrifugal force, spining wind up spool as a hard yank, but not Explorers
  17. M

Power Mirror Switch Fire

Ford Recalls 1992-1994 Explorer Vehicles for Mirror Switch Issue Body, Interior & Misc., June 4, 1997 Summary: Ford has recalled certain 1992-1994 Explorer vehicles for a concern with the mirror control switch. In some cases, the mirror control switch could short circuit, resulting in smoke...
  18. M

gauges quit working after mirror switch smoked

Mirror Switch recall, oh no too late now. 1994 Ford Explorer Visibility Recall 97V083000 NHTSA: Action Number: N/A Service Bulletin Number: 97V083000 Report Date: May 05, 1997Component: VisibilityPotential Units Affected: 610000Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company Summary: A short circuit...
  19. M

Broken inside door pull

http://www.directauto.com/index/page/category/category_id/3/category_chain/319,3/name/Handles/
  20. M

Front Brake overheating problem

Check the rubber brake hose. Hose will deteriorate with age, swell and plug up allowing fluid to go into the caliper with enough brake pressure, but the caliper does not have enough pressure to push the fluid back through the plugged hose. Marv
  21. M

Vehicle moves forward in all shifter positions

Good news and bad news. Good news, It may be only a 50 cent seal. Bad news, The bad seal may be right in the middle of the transmission, Which means removal of the transmission and a rebuild. The hard part is removing the transmission from the truck. Rebuild fairly easy with an illustrated...
  22. M

door latch "striker bolt bushing kit"

does this mean that the 1/2" pipe will work on the 4-doors ? instead of a bushing... ? I'm not familiar with what "bendable red" is... can you give some more detail? 1/2" PEX tubing
  23. M

MAFS testing

Try this one: http://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford_maf/maf_sensor_ford_1.php
Back