Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

High End Luxury SUV or '14 Ford Explorer Sport Loaded

The Limited will be the most refined model, compared to you Lexus. I've had and traded driving a few SUVs in the last few months. Land Rover, Lexus, BMW, Caddy and Toyota. Other then the Caddy, all said the really, really liked all of my options and features, but it's also larger then the...
  2. S

IPASS placement?

I was directed by IL iPass to place mine on the far Left side on the Pass side. It was only picking one 1 of every 5 or so open tolls. I mounted it up a finger away from the headliner and A pillar. Works fine.
  3. S

Anybody with exhaust on the 3.5L non-ecoboost...

CAI with MagnaFlow. No drone, more sound out of the CAI at WOT heard inside. 8-D
  4. S

Curb rash on 20" polished wheel.

Any updates on repairs. Yep did somewhat the same to my polished 20s 4 days after purchasing her new. Bank drive through, rubbered 2 of the "spokes" on a bout an inch the other about 2 inches.
  5. S

Summer tires vs. all seasons?

I'm looking at the Yoko Spec-x also. In 255/50r20. With the recent major rain and flooding here I noticed a bit of tractsion loss. So the researched and found that the Hannook aren't that great in snow. I live in rural IL, SW of Chicagoland so there's will be plenty of snow during winter.
  6. S

Has anyone done performance tuning to a 2013 3.5 non-EcoBoost?

Cat-back installed on Sunday. Co-workers and gf love the sound. Balances out the increased sound up front from the CAI. Feels like it pulls even more. Will do more G-tech test runs once the weather here isn't so crazy. Gone through all 4 seasons in less then a week. Snow, thunder...
  7. S

Groupbuy: Magnaflow Catback (Part No. 15467) for 2011 & 2012 Explorer 3.5 V6

Baffeled The mufflers where crazy heavy. I also noticed that eth inlets for the mufflers where a bit larger and more uniform then the PICs of the 2011 stock exhaust. Install was pretty easya dn straight forwards. maybe 20 minutes. But the removal of the stocker was a pain.. 7500miles...
  8. S

K&N Intake

No, there is no tune needed. But your not gaining the all the possible gains from the CAI. But there are real gains from just the CAI. I recorded about a 1.3-1.5MPG improvement, over the stock airbox. Over a 3-4 week time frame, after doing a few test runs to see what ET gains where...
  9. S

Michelin Tires

My 2013 Limited with 20"s came with the Hankook 255/50R20 H426
  10. S

Ford Remote Start Accessory

OK, so read a few different threads, but didn't see this questions asked. Just purchased a 2013 Limited, with power liftgate and remote start. I see that there is a security system for it. Anyone know what's that do and add? Will is mess with my MFT and the fobs? How much would it possibly...
  11. S

It'll be a bit. I ordered the Cat-back this morning and Performance peddler already emailed me the shipping info. I'll install the cat-back and let the ECU learn and tune it's self to the new cat-back. I'll do more G-tech runs right before and after. But I may not get the SCT for a few...
  12. S

Ordered my Magnaflow. Next the SCT from Henson Performance. No other tuners claimed to be able to tune the non-Ecoboost, 2011+ 3.5l n/a. I emailed all of them.
  13. S

Groupbuy: Magnaflow Catback (Part No. 15467) for 2011 & 2012 Explorer 3.5 V6

Still works, just ordered mine. Next will be the SCT from Henson Performance. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380609
  14. S

Will adding magnaflow cause problems?

Ordering my MagneFlow cat-back today. Then the following. Henson Performance will remotely fine tune the n/a 3.5l They provide a base Explorer 2011+ tune. then have you send them some data logging, via a laptop. Then supply you back a fine tune file for your Ex...
  15. S

Any issues with folding mirros & window visors?

Nope, work great. Put them on the night before, they need to seat, to not active the window safety roll back/down. Back ones are in-channel, but use 3M on the inner lip. Fronts are completely in-channel, had to remove the front's to have the windows tinted. Lot of flexing to install...
  16. S

Best Cold Air Intake?

Also for those that like the numbers, like me. With the stock airbox, with snorkel removed. 40 mile drive on Cruise at average 50mph I take this drive once to twice a month on Sundays around 9AM. old 18.7MPG now 20.1MPG GTECH Comp info averages out of at least 3 runs of not more...
  17. S

Emailed back and forth with Henson Performance. They seem pretty decent, they recommended that I get the cat-back installed first. CAI was installed 2 weeks ago. That they can either tune a SCT3 or the new iTSX, my call. Then afterwards they ship there base tune on the device and you do...
  18. S

Best Cold Air Intake?

Ended up buy a CGS. I should have just gone with the K&N as I first thought. It's nice, but seems that the breath hole of too low on the side of the pipe. The front brace is fine, but the front edge of the filter isn't truly supported and lays on the fender, OEM airbox mounting plate.
  19. S

Who is serious about.....

These guys say they already have a tune for 3.5L non-EcoBoost. http://www.morepowertuning.com/2011explorer35sf3 I ran an SCT Xcal2 for almost 8 year, re-flashing newer/updated tunes about 5-6 times and differant octane tunes, or performance vs tow. It was a bit slow, but never any issues...
  20. S

Push Bar for Explorer

Really well that just disappointing. Thanks Ron for your knowledge.
  21. S

Ford HID bulb upgrade

Nevermind. Finally found the answer. H11 is 1200 lumens @ 50W I read a discussiton about using H9's as they are outputting 2100 lumens @ 65W Would make sense since my old Ex has Sliver Star 65W.
  22. S

Ford HID bulb upgrade

Lumens is the output level/intensaity, a measure of the total "amount" of visible light emitted by a source. Not the tempature/color of the visible light. Most LEDs for auto are either 4000k or 5000k So yellow or white. So my question if more of the power of the light from an LED verus a...
  23. S

Push Bar for Explorer

Ron, is that the case with a brush guade also like the Setina above? Thanks
  24. S

WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners

The Ford weather mats, like the WeatherTEchs, I think they make them for Ford. But I was OK with the all weather Ford mat, they where included in my buy. But the DigitalFit one have the edge/lip that goes up and would better keep all the water and dirt. I had the WeatherTech all-weather...
  25. S

Ford HID bulb upgrade

I searched DDMTuning early on, they don carry a D3S bulb. Maybe a kit, but I never looked at there kits. Here a site that had the D3S bulbs. http://www.hidoutlet.net/d3s-hid-bulb.html Anyone know if LED bulbs output as much as the Halogens? DDM has a LED H11 outputting 408 Lumens...
Back