Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

98 4.0 SOHC Idle

Probably your thermostat is going bad. It's not opening and therefore not cooling the engine as well, so the engine thinks it's still cold. As a result the computer keeps the idle higher. I had the same issue, especially noticed that my temp gauge was higher than it should have been. When I...
  2. N

A/C - This should be simple..

Kragen wanted $80, but I found one at Autozone for $45. It immediately told me what the pressure was and where it should be.
  3. N

A/C - This should be simple..

I just went through similar. Go buy a real manifold gauge set. I tried to rely on the 'gauge' on those cans and found out I had too much, so the system was protecting itself and shutting off.
  4. N

changing Air Filter 1998 Ford Explorer XLT... Help

I assume you are talking about getting the lid off. I have a 97 and I think the 98 is the same, but when you try to lift the lid, you have to lift the clip side first and slide it toward the clip side as far as possible. Then if you squeeze down on the rubber air intake tube (this leads from the...
  5. N

Gerald Jarrett - Simpsonville, SC 2nd gen offroad - Herc

Engine What engine do you have. You mention SOHC but I couldn't confirm if that is 4.0 V6 or V8. I did a search in your thread, but couldn't find anything.
Back