Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Strange noise while driving

It wasn't really a grinding noise. It sounded more like an exhaust leak or when the PS pump is low on fluid. I would actually chalk it up to an exhaust leak except I only hear it when I'm moving. I'll start tearing into it tomorrow to see what I can find.
  2. U

Would the assembly change with the shifting of the transmission? I replaced the driver's side assembly earleir this year and it didn't make anywhere near that kind of sound. There is also no noise when I let off the accelerator lamost as if it's related to intake, only it doesn't make it at idle...
  3. U

I have a 1998 Mountianeer 4.0 4x4 that recently began making a strange sound. It almost sounds like a power steering pump noise like when the fluid gets low. The only problems I have with it being the pump are listed below. 1. It doesn't make the noise when it's sitting at idle. 2. It...
  4. U

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

Wheels with or without tires I am in need of wheels with or without tires for my '98 Mountianeer. I would prefer aluminum since my steel wheels are bent (from previous owner), but if you have teh steel Mountaineer wheels I would need two. I live in Topeka. Thanks.
  5. U

Engine shakes when the A/C is on.

Rubberneck, I know on one of my other cars. There is a separate idle control to increase the idle to compensate for the drag created when the compressor kicks on. I'm not sure if Ford has the same design, but that is a possibility as well. I can't remember what it was called on my 240sx, but...
  6. U

Where can i find a replacement JBL Subwoffer

Good Idea I just blew the stock JBL in my '98 Mountianeer. I hadn't thought of looking at Radio Shack. I'll check them out. The stock sub in the '98 is 8". I am more of a mechanical person than electrical. Do I need to worry about impedence to avoid blowing my amp? :thumbsup:
Back