Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. SBJ420

Tighten your caliper bracket bolts!

what size are these bolts? I need to take off my caliper on my 95 and noticed the bolts are rounded off and I am at work and need to pick up a bolt grip socket to fit.
  2. SBJ420

99 Explorer SAS D30

I am looking to do the same project on my 95 XLT What was the reason for the transfer case swap? are you able to send me some specs on the shackles and the crossmember where the front springs mount to the front of the truck and also the frame? Truck looks awesome!
  3. SBJ420

Replacing all break lines, bubble flare problem 1995 XLT - Pics

well found my fix! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVbHk0kkX8k
  4. SBJ420

ReadyLift Suspension Leveling Kits

Hey guys, just ran across this ReadyLift Suspension Leveling Kits. Leveling Kit, Torsion Bar Keys, Front, 2.25 in. Lift, Ford, Kit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RLS-66-2020/ My question is, if I install these Torsion bar key lifts in the front can I also do a Torsion twist 2"? that...
  5. SBJ420

2wd and 4wd Lifts.

thanks, deff IFS, also has disk breaks in the back
  6. SBJ420

Replacing all break lines, bubble flare problem 1995 XLT - Pics

Hey Guys, I got a 1995 XLT , I need to replace all the break lines other than the flex lines. I have done lots of reading and decided to do it myself. I am taking lots of pictures and taking note of what I am doing so I can post on here what tools etc. it took me to complete. I have all...
  7. SBJ420

2wd and 4wd Lifts.

Why is there no kit for a 1995? goes from 1994 skips up to 1996?? 95 is a IFS
  8. SBJ420

Vibration at 65mph

stay under 65 then? whats the speeding limit? I thought it was 60mph?
  9. SBJ420

Tranny Fire....

how hard is it really to drop down and change these seals? :thumbdwn:
  10. SBJ420

Tranny Fire....

pulled back the cover, and everything is fine there... its deffently coming from between the tranny and the engine. any ideas what it could be?
  11. SBJ420

Tranny Fire....

ok well I started it up today and its still leaking.. its not a huge leak but bad enough not to drive... I took it around the block and it shifts fine and does not slip at all..... I am going to check the top of the tranny, through the floor... but it does seem to be coming from between the...
  12. SBJ420

Tranny Fire....

So today I went out wheelin, got caught in a unexpeted mud hole, the front of the truck was deep in mud, at least to the front bumper.. I got a winch out, while I was being winched out I was in reverse we barly any gas, than it over heated and there was a small fire under the front seats...
  13. SBJ420

91 - 94 fender flair options...

well thats the easy way out, and not really a "type" of flair and I like to use things I buy, I like how it feels on the road and how it wheels now, but thanks a lot for the input :thumbsup:
  14. SBJ420

91 - 94 fender flair options...

I want to know if anyone knows of any fender flairs made for a ex or even a different truck? And one see a ex with jeep flairs? I am sure anything can be cut to make anything work if needed but just want to see what people have as far as ideas. :thumbsup::thumbdwn: either way post what you...
  15. SBJ420

Make H2 Rims fit my Ex?

here is where mine came from. I went from 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5 the adapters are about 2" thick each http://www.adaptitusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=20
  16. SBJ420

Locker with stock LSD??

very nice thanks guys
  17. SBJ420

Locker with stock LSD??

right on man, thanks alot, so about $200 more than the other one.... hrrmmm
  18. SBJ420

Locker with stock LSD??

Hey guys, looking to pick up a locker next week but have ran into a bump, see I thought that I could just order one of these from summit http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PWT%2D1822%2DLR&N=700+4294908331+4294907830+4294924760+4294925134+115&autoview=sku but...
  19. SBJ420

95+ fender flairs on 91 - 94 ?

yeah big piss off. Its not mine so I had no say. Had no seats or rear axle, blown engine etc....
  20. SBJ420

good to know they will fit, but when I went to go get the trim the truck was just loaded and leaving for the wrecker :( I was pissed off, so I am trying to find out what one it went to so I can go grab em!
  21. SBJ420

well sounds good. I think I will go grab them tomorrow and check it out! I will let you know how it goes.
  22. SBJ420

Gauges Ordered

where is the link to buy em?
  23. SBJ420

Trail Master 4" lift install and questions 1994 XLT

mine is running fine so far with the 3.75 but still on 33's
  24. SBJ420

dont think its rust, has been alot of salt on the roads though, could be rust from me cutting under there... I know its a different shape, I wounder if any one has made them work. I will cut the front fenders to fit, but not the back
  25. SBJ420

I can get some fender flairs off a new style ex, has anyone seen or used these on the 91 - 94 style? If there is some cutting of the fenders that is no problem. I would like to get something out over these wheels before I get a VI! this is the truck I would be taking them off...
Back