Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Solved '02 - '10 V6 Thermostat housing, now available in aluminum!

Hi, Not seeing any traffic on the original posting I'd made, I'm cross posting to this tech section for better exposure to help others who've suffered from plastic cooling system parts. Here is my recent discovery on the leaking/exploding plastic thermostat housing onst, but the V6 Explorers...
  2. A

2006 explorer radiator

Hi, I'm posting this new post from my 2016 - AUG 19 discussion to supplement the conversation. I don't have much time to post, but here is my recent discovery on the leaking/exploding plastic thermostat housing on the V6 Explorers from approximately 2002 until approx 2010. A few comments: Using...
  3. A

Thermostat housing has a replacement kit from Ford - It's Aluminum!

Update for two items: First, I have the Hi Resolution PDF ready to post, but it won't allow me. Anyone, please, allow me to send it to you and you could post it up for me? I also have a digital photo of the kit for the same purpose if needed. Second, a much better price from the EB*Y side of...
  4. A

The thermostat to use is 2L2Z.8575.AA Thank you, Partsman!
  5. A

Hi, I don't have much time to post, but here is my recent discovery on the leaking/exploding plastic thermostat housing on the V6 Explorers from approximately 2002 until approx 2010. A few comments: Using my VIN for an 06 XLT w/ V6, they've offered the AL2Z-8575-B ( AKA motorcraft RT-1220 ) It...
  6. A

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Thanks for the tips, and a comment ditto'd Hi, Did the LF on an 06 xlt, v6, 4WD just now. All of your tips and commentaries really helped! Thanks! I have had a love for PB blaster for a long time. We are still going strong! The high strength silicone ?gasket maker? was a pain, but...
  7. A

2006 Explorer exterior door handle replacement

Thanks! on the '06 exterior door handle replace job You Rock! Now I'll be able to do it much more easily when I dig in over the long weekend! :) Best regards, MSH
  8. A

Shifting Problem

Hi, In my opinion, don't let any dealer just say, Yeah that is normal. Go there and go for a test drive with a qualified transmission technician. Insist on it. It might take you some time, but with the reliability of Ford Transmissions lately, 04 - 07 model years, you'll want to stay on top...
  9. A

Steering wheel audio control

Hi, I still want it also. I've asked around some more, and apparently unless the wiring and the appropriate connectivity between the wheel and the back of the head unit is in place from the factory, it could prove to be difficult. I've not yet looked through the wiring diagrams, but apparently...
  10. A

mp3 Clean Install on 2006 XLT

Well done! How did you hook up the peripheral to the factory radio ( I'm assuming you don't have a front jack anywhere. ) Best regards, MSH
  11. A

Put SW controls into 06 xlt w/out it from factory?

Excellent advice on the resistors and the ford dvds. Thanks! I'll have to make this project a dark winter night type of thing as it appears it will be very involved. For now, off to flebay to see about some parts and pieces for the mods to come. Thanks again, and, Best regards, MSH
  12. A

Put SW controls into 06 xlt w/out it from factory?

I've posted this in the Stock 06 category, but wanted to cross over to you all so that I might get more "audio" expertise / experience. Thanks for reading. I want to install steering wheel controls and a 6 disc factory double din audio system in the place of a single disc / mp3 player that my...
  13. A

Steering wheel audio control

EDIT: I've taken this question over to the explorer audio forum in attempt to get more audiophile expertise. Please see my post regarding S.W. controls in 06 XLT that didn't come with it from the factory. Then, post away! Let's get this figured out for all of us. Thanks and regards, MSH...
  14. A

Switching wheel size and TPMS ?

Why disable it? I don't want to sound abrupt. But why not just get the existing TPMS sensors off of your 16's and have them "re-banded" on to the 17's. The TPMS is actually a very good system to have in place, and your cost to have the stock system transfered to the 17's should only be...
  15. A

Smartlock Feature

Hi, Firsttime poster, long time car and explorer guy. The manual has a section on this unlock feature, but I'm not sure about leaving it on and locks after the door has been opened then closed. ( Usually only locking after you reach 10 miles / hr. Some of the more special programming of the...
Back