Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Would you fight this speeding Ticket?

The only thing to stop him is a moral obligation. When you sign the ticket it just indicates you will take care of it. Its not an admission of guilt. At this point, cut your loses and pay the ticket. As as that sucks and goes against the grain, its not going to get better. Most attorneys...
  2. S

Wanted Guess You Call It A Tire Tool

Mine is actually located behind the back seat. The actual tire iron is located in the side compartment. It looks like a tire iron flat, but mine is bent on the end. Like willindsay indicated, you can use a large flat blade screwdriver.
  3. S

Would you fight this speeding Ticket?

Cops are totally allowed to lie to you and in court. All attorneys know it and the judge knows it. Anything to get a conviction. After just being railroaded as well, I wish I could have posted before you went in. Once you are in the legal system, play(pay) the game. Its not about being...
  4. S

Numerous Problems with my '98 X

When are you going back in for the emissions testing?
  5. S

Hub or Brake squeal

Ive had it apart a few times, to replace ball joints and such, and the brakes are new. Hubs are OE and feel solid. The only reason I leaned toward a brake squeal is because of the correlation with tapping it and it stops, but as some indicated, a wear indicator gets louder when you press the...
  6. S

Did something dumb...now have a ??

I doubt it. If you were in a much cooler climate maybe, but of since you put in 1 quart of a lighter fluid, it will decrease the viscosity of the heavier. The thicker stuff is used to help quiet a noisy drive train especially with a ratcheting type locker.
  7. S

Air Ride Suspension

On my 98 they come from the front at below and up to the air inlets. I cant take a picture now.
  8. S

Rear Defroster Bulb?

Bob thanks much. I just noticed my rear wiper switch intermittently working and like varsity, my rear defroster not working at all. thanks to you both shooked<///><
  9. S

Hub or Brake squeal

I have a squeal left front end. Its worse between 20mph and 40mph, turning left, and non present when turning right. However, when I lightly press brake pedal it disappears completely. So, is it the hub, or is it the brakes? And if it is the hub, why does it disappear with a slight press of...
  10. S

Air Ride Suspension

Its basically just like you said Don. The right and left are different, but I agree with you that you could add an extension of tubing to make them work either side. Both the air inlets point forward when mounted and both of the bottom mounting tabs are angled at least a 35 degree angle \ /. I...
  11. S

strange problem, need help

Dude you got lucky. In WV we gut the cats. Stand on his tail, sharp knife and..... Punch em out. Emissions are just a money making racket. Man be safe, jack stands x 2 always, and leave jack in place.
  12. S

Numerous Problems with my '98 X

Not only as Erik727 said, but you get the zen of accomplishing this yourself, and you know exactly what was done. There are not a lot of mechanics I trust, but I do trust my own work. You use to work on engines, and honestly once you move the cpu and emissions crap off the top, its still just...
  13. S

2000 explorer start and dies right away

The fuel pump should be at zero if the engine is not running? Isnt there a thread on here about checking for fuel in the vacuum line? I know in the past anytime my BBC's had too much lope and die was because it was loading up with too much fuel. I know with them I'd turn fuel pump on and off...
  14. S

I had my plugs and wires changed and now my gas mileage sucks.

Follow the wires from the coils to the plugs, make sure its wired correctly. I once wired by BBC backwards, it ran fine, no missing or anything, but it didnt have near the lope at idle it should've. Make sure non of the wires are crossed, if they are crossing each other make sure they are at...
  15. S

Air Ride Suspension

Sick kid? Dont let that side track you. J/K, we all wish him the best. The 4x2 vs 4x4 is supposed to provide extra lift for off road. Not sure if that is true, because with my AWD I was under the impression that it just provided a stiffening when going from normal to offroad. Im sure...
  16. S

unknown filter an front end noise

What type of noise you talking about? Is it a grinding, squealing, high pitch, low pitch, when does it do it, when does it not do it? If it only does it when you press the brakes and its a slow roll before you stop clicking, it could be the ABS. Need more info though for us to diagnose it...
  17. S

ABS Problem?

Here is the info I was referring too. Actually posted on this site. Bleeding Brakes A common mispractice of car repair is (when pushing back caliper pistons for new pads) to push the old dirty fluid back up to the master cylinder. This fluid will go through the ABS module as well. Doing this...
  18. S

ABS Problem?

Any luck with your brakes?
  19. S

Saving another one

Hahaha. And I thought I was the only one that had problems with the rear bolt on the upper control arm, drivers side. Man mine with half the mileage has 3 times the rust. Winter in WV!
  20. S

witch explorer should I get 4.0 4x4 or 5.0 awd?

a 5.0 roller motor for sure. You lose in MPG's 2 fold because of AWD, and 5.0 but gain in strength and daily traction.
  21. S

ABS Problem?

The ABS sensors must be spaced appropriately for them to work. When I tore my front end apart the sensors worked fine, but when I put them back in, I started with the dumb grinding/no stop. So, yank them back out, clean the surface with a flat file, wipe the underside of the mounting surface...
  22. S

No wiper fluid

I cant seem to get any wiper fluid from the front. Ive ensured that the box has fluid. The rear works fine. I was leaning toward the MFC switch, but being all the other functions work fine (no smoke either) ive temporarily began to think it might be a relay. Any ideas? thanks shooked <///><
  23. S

ABS Problem?

Yeah you are going to have to replace the rears anyway, so as lounge lizard said, do that too. I doubt pushing the piston back in the front caliper did anything to mess with the sensor. Check the free literature online at autozone, they may have an exploded diagram you can reference...
  24. S

ABS Problem?

I had similar problem. No ABS light. When my light came on, the ABS kicked off and problem was solved, until I restarted vehicle. The fix below fixed it.
  25. S

vibrations losing patients

Without a doubt. Mine are horrible over 65mph on the highway. Too much tread to replace though.:thumbdwn:
Back