Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. kars85

How to route rear dash cam?

I'm doing some recon on the installation of my Thinkware U1000. The last push through the rear tailgate has me stumped. Can anyone take a picture of how they routed their USB cable to the center of the rear glass? I checked out the drivers side rubber boot, and the rubber boot that meets up...
  2. kars85

For Sale Used Livernois SCT Tuner

Sold my 3.5 NA Explorer XLT a couple months ago, and unmarried this from my truck before trading in. Buyer will have to pay to marry this to their truck, as well as whatever tunes you want to load, so just an FYI. Work with LMS on what it'll cost to get you tuned up, and I'll try to save you...
  3. kars85

Wind / Whistle Noise from Front Door / Mirror?

Gotcha - kind of a side question, but are other service departments able to look up another dealers work orders to reference?
  4. kars85

Yep - and the catch being what the base looks like on the fix @TonyST gets on the passenger side. If there’s any visual difference, etc...then it’s another data point on a fix. Maybe this is option #4 of 3 other possibilities that worked for others. Fingers crossed!
  5. kars85

I see the contour on the drivers side now in my pictures. Thanks for clarifying. Would love to see what the result is on the rev'd/new assembly you get installed. My dealer is waiting on anything (here/Ford) to help them out, so the more info you can get would be super helpful.
  6. kars85

Would you be willing to take a pic showing the difference you're seeing as different after your issue was resolved? Mine look exactly the same from what I can tell.
  7. kars85

My dealer replaced the mirror assembly with one on the lot and it did the same thing, so they put mine back on (paint film was on it by then). I’m getting the oil changed Friday and asked if there was any news from the open ticket with Ford, and got a “no updates”. I will keep pressing, I guess...
  8. kars85

My thinking, too. Real curious about the mirror part number that was replaced that fixed it for @blwnsmoke. I don't know how Ford part #'s work, but in Yamaha motorcycle realm, part numbers show they've been superseded by adding a -01 suffix to the end
  9. kars85

OEM vs Whipple intercooler.

Is there any instructions sent with the intercooler, or a guide anywhere else online that show what fasteners (and quantity), and body components need to be removed for this? Or is it one of those "dedicate 3-6 hours of removing sh*t until you get access..." I can see that potentially ending...
  10. kars85

That was something I had considered, but wouldn't taping off and around the entire door eliminate that? They mentioned that the whistle went away with the mirror folded in - which I forgot to mention in my last post.
  11. kars85

Also curious if the mirror part supersedes a deprecated one. Mine's been in the shop since Wednesday for the door (and a couple other) issues. They taped off the entire door, and the whistle persisted. Then, they replaced the mirror with a ST on their lot that DIDN'T have the whistle, and the...
  12. kars85

Two techs couldn't hear the noise, but the service manager himself was able to replicate the whistle. I have a loaner Fusion for now while they attempt to fix. They tried taping areas off to isolate the noise, but nothing yet. Just got a text from my salesman that they might need it through...
  13. kars85

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

Just got my 7/100 deal done with Joel. Thanks @blwnsmoke for the connection - the process couldn't have gone any easier and was all done in less than 10 minutes.
  14. kars85

3M Clear Bra Questions

I'll be sure and clarify - but for certain, the entire car is NOT what's getting wrapped. Just the components you mentioned, but I'm not sure if it's partial hood, full hood, or no hood at all. I'll be sure I'm comfortable with what I'm getting for the $900ish I was quoted over the phone. This...
  15. kars85

ST Auto Dim Mirror Installed?

Got it - thanks for all your help in my past few threads.
  16. kars85

ST Auto Dim Mirror Installed?

My window sticker explicitly states my ST coming with an auto-dim mirror. When looking to install a BlendMount for my radar detector, I'm not convinced that the auto dim mirror is what's installed. Unless they ran power within the mirror stem somewhere? Can someone else confirm? There's a...
  17. kars85

Pricing help!

Just pulled the trigger myself. I only focus on one number when negotiating. The easiest way for me to do that is run numbers on my trade-in vehicle in Edmunds, KBB, and NADA. That'll give me a rough ballpark. Then, I'll act as if I'm buying my used car from a local used car dealer online...
  18. kars85

3M Clear Bra Questions

@blwnsmoke - that $900 was for what you itemized. Your pics look great - plan on making an appointment to get it in soon.
  19. kars85

3M Clear Bra Questions

Right - the whole vehicle that 3M gives installers the cut outs for. No doubt there’s no such thing as literally the whole vehicle. 🤣Alternatively, at a minimum, I wanted front bumper coverage, but that was going to be 9/10ths the price of doing all that 3M offers for our Ex’s.
  20. kars85

3M Clear Bra Questions

I'll be getting my '20 ST in one of these next couple days, and want to get a paint protection solution put on. Being in Iowa - I don't have a ton of choices of installers, but one nearby (<1 hr) quoted $900 for the whole vehicle that 3M provides cutouts for. If I wanted to do just the front...
  21. kars85

PTU Problems

I did a fluid extraction a couple weeks ago through the fill port using a shop air powered mity vac. Got about 9oz out and put in around 16oz in before it started dribbling out the fill hole. So, that means of the pint the manual specs, I was running with about half that quantity for 30k+ miles...
  22. kars85

2015 PTU Fluid Change - Heat shield removal question

Got it done with minimal problems. Couldn't imagine doing it without a shop air extractor like the mityvac 7300. Extracted 9 oz out, after taking extra care to make sure I got every bit out that I could. Refilled with 17 oz before reaching the fill hole. So, that means it was 8 oz below the fill...
  23. kars85

Now I'm positive I was oriented wrong looking from underneath. For some reason, I was fixated on something I had read about being under from the drivers side and looking on that half of the vehicle, probably someone who had a ecoboost using the vent pipe method to fill/drain. Who know at this...
  24. kars85

Appreciate you commenting. I'm 99% sure then I wasn't looking in the right place. I looked around by the header down pipe where the cat you're talking about was, but must have still been off. I have this tutorial printed off from a member here - can you confirm that the instructions for his '11...
  25. kars85

I plan on sucking the fluid out of my 2015 NA's PTU tomorrow, refilling with Amsoil 75-140 severe duty. So I snuck a peak while the kids were sleeping to identify where I'd be working, etc... My build has a heat shield covering the fill plug, and there looks to be at least (3) 8mm bolts holding...
Back