Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

173,000k on my '99 limited 4x4... minor oil leak, rattling rear timing chain, about to replace upper/lower ball joints; replaced thermostat housing x 3; replaced radiator and fan and recently replaced swaybar bushings. I have the impending doom feeling that my tranny is about to go out. It is...
  2. B

Water Inlet housing & Right (rear) Cassette/timing chain, '99 4.0 SOHC, Help!

Rock and Hard place Thanks for the links! After doing a ton of research, I don't know if I'm able to replace this guide just yet... :banghead: My other option is to wait until summer when I can pull the engine.
  3. B

Thanks for those links! I'm gonna see how much they are to rent. I might pickup a dremel to clean out the intake. I hope I find a good x-mas deal on one.
  4. B

Thanks for the info, I'll do a little more research to see if I feel confident enough to replace the cassette w/o pulling the engine. Thanks for the info about the sensor also! Beau
  5. B

Thanks for your input. I'm just a typical broke student with 6 more months to go and all my CC's are maxed out. Until then, I'm left with just hope and prayer. I wish I could pull the engine and replace the cassette while in my garage. I got a quote at a local shop for R&I of the engine, w/o...
  6. B

Here's what I got: 1999 Ford Explorer Ltd. 4x4 4.0L SOHC V6 ~150K miles Problems: (1)Right (rear) Camshaft/Timing Chain plastic tensioner has broke into pieces.[arrow C] (2)Replace leaky (plastic) water housing[arrow B] (3)Unknown Sensor on top of engine[beneath arrow A] Story...
  7. B

Hello all

hi, first post as well...
Back