Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Taking off covers?

You will have to remove the whole door panel to access the speakers. The "covers" are just holes in the door panel. On my old 96 it was remove the tirm ring around the handle, remove the one or two? screws from under the armrest, pull the bottom and sides of the panel away until they fully...
  2. N

Werd Nosie

I would like to know of any updates to this problem. I have the same problem and it is about to drive me up the wall.
  3. N

Air Whistle Located?

I have been chasing an air whistle from the front passenger side. I think I have gotten it down to the air flowing around the hole that the OEM air box got its air from. I am soon going to remove what a appears to be a useless plastic piece other that hole. See the hole: The whole picture:
  4. N

Explain the numbers for this alternator?

I was told by Mr. Alternator that I have the 130A alternator. Is that peak? If so, what is idle?
  5. N

acrylic covers, where?

I can't seem to find anyone that sells acrylic covers for hella lights online. If have read about people buying them, but where from?
  6. N

Info check

I thought I only had a 90A alternator. I wanted to upgrade to at least a 130A b/c of my new 25A audio draw but Mr. Alternator said I already have a 130A. Just curious if this is correct? 96 V8
  7. N

Super Charger ideas?

I think the $650 is to install the kit not the kit itself. There is no way a supercharger is going to cost $650.
  8. N

Nozler's '96 XLT V8 w/a lot of mods

I have been looking for a low cost option. I have decided to get a dual inlet/single outlet Flowmaster 50 SUV muffler and new pipes bent and a borla intercooled angle tip.
  9. N

Guage Options

Please?
  10. N

Guage Options

Which company's guages do you have? (White face or indigo) Likes, Dislikes?
  11. N

XM Radio has arrived

I havn't been getting an email notice for this thread. I thought you guys had forgotten about me. I went ahead and just mounted it with the adhesive pads. I sent Terk an email to ask how to remount it. There site boosts that it will come off cleanly if you lease. I assume they must have a way to...
  12. N

XM Radio has arrived

9.99 a month. The signal (or at least around here, Clemson) are strong. I haven't decided how I am going to mount the antenna so I went driving around with the antenna sitting on the back seat and it had a clean signal 95% of the time.
  13. N

XM Radio has arrived

I just got my package from crutchfield. Pioneer FM modulated XM tuner and Terk antenna. I will be installing some time today. I will let you know how it goes. I am driving a borrowed X so I will just be doing a temporary install. I need to find a way to mount the antenna. The Terk has adhesive...
  14. N

Stock vs. Modded V8 MPG

I had to leave my baby at home (seen here Dead Link Removed ). I didn't have time to replace the fuse box before I needed to leave for school. I went to my grandfather's car lot and he happened to have a '96 XLT V8. Same model year, same trim line, same engine, so I borrowed it. Same trip...
  15. N

Is this the common power steering noise?

It has been there for as long as I have had it. It hasn't seen to be a problem but I just wanted to have it identified and clear any doubt that it might be causing harm.
  16. N

Is this the common power steering noise?

I have heard a lot of talk about a common ford power steering noise. When I am going along on the road, I hear a whine coming from the front of the X. If I thottle up then right back down, the exhaust noise covers it up for a bit but when the engine then lows RPMs b/c I let off the thottle, it...
  17. N

general questions?

my engine idles around 900, out of gear and 750-800 when in gear(auto). If I left off of the brake, the car starts moving forward even though it is slow. I assume the stall speed isn't 800 b/c then it would be way too low. I think. So is the stall speed rating when there is a 100% power transfer?
  18. N

general questions?

How about torque converter stall speeds? I understand the torque convertor to transfer power from the engine to the tranny but not at everyspeed. Otherwise your brakes would be fighting the engine at a stop light. But when you are at a stop light, the engine is at low rpm and below the torque...
  19. N

general questions?

A few quick questions: Transmission gears: Say I have a transmission gear with a ratio of 2. Is that 2 turns of the driveshaft for every one of the engines or 1 turn of the driveshaft for every 2 turns of the engine? Rear end gear ratio of 2. Is that 2 turns of the axle for every turn...
  20. N

$4,000 Fuse Box?

The replacement doesn't look hard at all. I can do electrical work, no problem. This looks just to be plug and play. Mount the fuse box, snake the cables through the dash, and plug in the bulk head connector. I would drive through their doors but I don't want to break my new Hella 500s.
  21. N

$4,000 Fuse Box?

I know, but I had to rig it to get there. It was raining at the time and low light.
  22. N

$4,000 Fuse Box?

My fuse block finally got to were it needs to be replaced. I took it to the local ford dealership late this afternoon. They called me about 4pm and told me the fuse box (which includes a 3ft bundle of cables and the bulkhead connector) costs $4,000. Their quote for labor was $700. I told them...
  23. N

Front door speaker wire color code?

Well, in theory it shouldn't because it is Alternating Current. This is what I learned from the Electronic Circuits course.
  24. N

Front door speaker wire color code?

According to the Haynes manual's circuit diagram the front right speaker should be White/LightGreen and DarkGreen/Orange. Left Front is Orange/LightGreen and LightBlue/White. The manual doesn't mark either as + or -. On the other diagrams with DC circuits it does show which is + and which is...
  25. N

New Hella's installed

The rally lights look fine in the right place. Mine were on the grille guard. These were tiny lights and didn't look right on the grille guard. So I switched. TarHeel lists Hella Acrylic covers in his sig. What do they look like? I want to protect my new lights but I don't want to have to...
Back