Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Rear Glass Hatch Issue Driving Me Crazy.

Sorry for the delay responding, I've been offline for a bit. No, the key fob will not open it. It used to activate a solenoid, just as the gate button did, but now neither does anything. I'm more and more convinced that my door ajar sensor problem is in the lift gate, but I can't seem to get the...
  2. M

Rear Glass Hatch Issue Driving Me Crazy.

My glass hatch will not open, but the main liftgate will. I used to hear a solenoid or something react when I pushed the release button, but now I hear nothing and the glass will not release. I have been trying to pull the interior trim panels off the hatch, to look into repairing it, but I...
  3. M

Lift Gate (Glass) Will not open

Thanks cwol97401, I've tried to get the main hatch trim panel off, but it is hanging up on the plastic interior trim of the hatch glass. How do I get that off? I don't see any screws so I assume it's push fasteners. I'm a little concerned about breaking pins and/or doing damage to the panel...
  4. M

Lift Gate (Glass) Will not open

I have the same problem. The rear glass liftgate on my 2003 Mercury Mountaineer will not open. I can hear the actuator working when I push the button above the main gate release and when I use the key fob, but the glass will not pop out like it should. I want to remove the inside trim panels...
  5. M

Picture and Location of DPFE in 2003 4.6 V-8 Explorer/Mountaineer?

I've been searching the forum and have not yet found a picture of the location and DPFE part for the 2003 Mercury Mountaineer with the 4.6 liter V-8. Code is reading replace EGR (0402), but the problem is most likely DPFE related. Since there are many versions of this, I would like to lay eyes...
  6. M

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

The instructions and tips were great. Here's another tip for Ex 4x4 and Mountaneer AWD owners. I had the same problems "thepotroast" had except I had my '03 Mountie on jackstands and nosed in a friend's garage. I didn't have the long deep offset 15mm box end that he had. And since the car was...
  7. M

Cold Air Intake for '03 Mountie V-8?

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of options on cold air intakes for the 4.6 Mountie/Explorer. Ford has made so many of these that I imagined there would be some choices. I'd prefer a Volant or AirAid, but it seems the only thing available is the K&N unit. I was hoping to avoid the K&N because I...
Back