Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Water leak front driver's side.

To clarify. It appears one possible leak location for anyone with the drivers side leak could be the location behind the fuse box/relay box (under the hood), on the firewall body seam. The second location would be the body seam below the drivers lower corner of the windhshield. Both locations...
  2. J

Now for the newest leak. This one was horrible. I don't drive the explorer much and I have those thick Goodyear floor mats, so I cant exactly see the carpet. One day I noticed the smell, and yet again we are wet. I know last time it was fixed because i tested it and no leak. This one was...
  3. J

Hey guys, I just checked back on this thread and I didn't know my post never actually posted. So, I am posting again. This is the area of the first leak I am going to show. I say first leak, because I had another leak and drenched my floor board again. I found its location and also...
  4. J

As soon as I get back home tomorrow, I will post pictures for you and anyone else. Also a note, the Bissel Little Green Machine ($90) is beyond worth $90. Perfect for auto interiors or upholstery. I did my entire Ex with it. I bought the Bissel 2x concentrated cleaner too. Man did it clean the...
  5. J

Was on vacation. Using your picture, look at the black metal plate bolted to the firewall behind the relay panel/fuse box. Below that plate you will see the seam of the body and firewall joined with factory seam sealer. Start at the corner and squueze the tube. If you buy what I posted, you...
  6. J

To add to this. I bought "Permatex Flowable Silicone Windshield and Glass Sealer". Small size tube. This is much easier to work with, considering the lack of space. Plus you can start at the top of the OEM sealant and squeeze, it will follow the path with no need to smear it along the joint. So...
  7. J

I know this is an older thread, but I experienced the same water leak this week. Bad rains and my floor is soaked. After an hour of water leak testing starting from the bottom outside door jam and working up, I found it. With the hood up, facing the firewall, look to the right corner. There...
  8. J

The Ex is now mine. Need some advice.

I would love to put this style trim on that MeatyCrab has on his from this page... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145744&page=6 Im not sure what models that came on and if I can just replace the running board portion. I just finished replacing the rear axle seals and...
  9. J

The Ex is now mine. Need some advice.

When we got this 97 EB Explorer, I wanted AWD 5.0L and that was a must. However, the color scheme was not. My wife picked it out. It was used, but in mint condition as the previous owner took beyond extreme care with 70k on the odometer in 2002. He was a Mercedez Benz owner, except this one...
  10. J

Pop or Clunk in Front End Please Help

+1 to the front differential bolts coming loose! Just cured my clunk. Thanks Sc00ter! My clunk was being at a stop and push the gas, clunk. reverse, stop, drive, gas, clunk. Turn left sharp, push gas, clunk. I thought the same thing, changed the front sway bar links and frame bushings. As...
  11. J

water leak issue please help

If its not the sunroof, check the channel that runs from front to back on the roof. Its on the outside of the roof rack slide guide. I know back when I worked at the dealer, they would have very small hairline cracks in the body at the joint in the seam. After it would get painted you could...
  12. J

AC not evacuating

I would start with the o-rings at the condensor. In fact, if you didnt replace any orings, I would go buy the oring kit and go to town. There are not that many. I bet you that is your problem. Or if you dont want to go ahead and do some preventative maintenance (ie o rings), put a can of R134 in...
  13. J

Is your EATC not working right?

I am curious to see how many people have a EATC that will not blow A/C air through the vents, but will blow through the floor/defrost. If you know for a fact its not your vacuum lines and the canister, its internal and I can fix it. I was searching the forum to see if anyone here can...
  14. J

Mountaineer 5.0 engine swap questions

If your willing to go through all that, then why not stroke the 302 and blow away the 351?
  15. J

Clicking sound from under vehicle (97 5.0 AWD)

Cut to the chase, my noise that was identical to what most of you heard was infact the transfer case. I had already replaced the front hubs, front axle, axle shafts. Noise was still there. Then a nice BOOM when I went to take off at an intersection. The inside of the transfer case came...
  16. J

HELP! 5.0L Switch from silent chain to Double Roller chain?

I am in the middle of fixing my wifes 97 Ex 5.0 AWD due to the water pump gasket and timing cover gasket gave out. While i'm in there I am changing the timing chain and gears. I was hoping to have a standard chain and not the silent type chain, but it has the silent chain. No one has it...
  17. J

Broken cam sensor?!

Thanks alot, maybe that is going to be my idling problem. Funny that I dont have a chirping noise though. Maybe mine is special! :wavey: I will get one and find out though.
  18. J

Broken cam sensor?!

This is kind of wierd. Few weeks back the cam sensor on my 97 5.0 somehow broke apart inside the cam sensor housing (bottom part of a distributor). It was running rough at idle periodically, no codes. Thought maybe I should change the wires and plugs, so I did. Also decarb'd the engine also...
  19. J

EATC Trouble shooting

Yes, sorry such a late reply. Didnt figure I would have anyone reply to it anyways. Aparently there is a circuit missing in the 98+ Actuators. Kinda dumb though.
  20. J

EATC Trouble shooting

The answer to this wonderful equation is that the blend door motor ( Air Door Actuator ) was boxed wrong from Ford. I kept getting 98+ Explorer's instead of 97. Example that 98 and up will not work in a 97.
  21. J

EATC Trouble shooting

Anyone ?? :help:
  22. J

EATC Trouble shooting

Just tested the harness plugging into the actuator. According to your link, the diagram for 95-97 is OR - Blend door drive 1 (CCW) DB/LG - Blend door drive 2 (CW) BR/WH - Blend door position feedback OR/BK - Blend door ground LG/OR - Blend door +5 volts GY/YE - +12v BLK - Ground The...
  23. J

EATC Trouble shooting

Correct, I found that there were two actuators when I went to order one. However, I tested the actuator motor by pulling the case apart and it spins in both directions when voltage/ground applied. So it does function. Now I am gonna see if it is even getting power to the actuator. If it isnt...
  24. J

EATC Trouble shooting

I just did that, thanks for the post, it comes up with 24 & 25. According to the link you gave me, 24 is 'Blend door actuator shorted' and 25 is 'blend door not responding'. I threw out my old one once I ordered a new one, not thinking I would need it anymore with stripped gears. The first...
  25. J

EATC Trouble shooting

I have searched for any help on figuring this problem out, with no luck. I dont have a wiring diagram for my Explorer, which would help. I have a 97 EB 5.0 with automatic a/c controls. My Blend door had broken so I replaced it and at the same time a new Actuator since the gears were slowly...
Back