1. J

Powertrax No slip

thanks but mine is a ls diff nathan
  2. J

Powertrax No slip

thanks jason nathan
  3. J

Powertrax No slip

Hey I have an 8.8 from a 96 Explorer in my ZJ and want to buy a No slip. How do I know if I have the 3/4" or 7/8" diameter shafts w/o pulling the shafts. Nathan
  4. J

Rear driveshaft u joint

That was fast! I don't need a CV as the rear driveline is plenty long, allthough it would be nice. Going to the junkyard this weekend. Nathan
  5. J

Rear driveshaft u joint

Hey guys, I have a Ford 8.8 in the back of my ZJ and I am in need of a new rear driveline. I believe the Explorers use a standard slip shaft with a ujoint on the tcase. Is this correct? If so, what size ujoint? Spicer 1310? I am getting rid of the crappy Jeep slip yoke tcase output and...
  6. J

Darn Heep!

i agree i was just f'n with you guys. :chug: nathan
  7. J

Darn Heep!

hey calm down guy, i'm not here to start a flame war. i never said fords were worthless. i respect all competent wheelers. i happen to like jeeps, zj's in particular. :chug: my "worthless" jeep sports 35" mt/r's, lockers and a york oba system oh and solid axles front and rear ;) even an...
  8. J

Darn Heep!

no that must be exploders :D watch those firestone tires ;) nathan
  9. J

Darn Heep!

how? you would have to suck water into the intake. the intake is located at about headlight level. not to far from most vehicles. nathan
  10. J

Darn Heep!

it seems like the "heep" had smaller, less agressive tires than your explorer. very important in the mud. how do you hydrolock you enging in knee deep mud/water? musta been a poor driving decision. nathan
  11. J

93XLT105tr's X getting two new axles,a v8, AOD, and a NP205

a 3/4 ton dana 44? what spline/ size shafts does it have? tube size? i would have stuck with the 8.8. and those shackles :eek: nathan
  12. J

Solid Axle

well it works ok for mine but i am making a hi steer crossover system to replace it. if your steering box is in a similar place then yes it will work just fine. nathan
  13. J

Vibration after putting 4.56 gears in.

it is not that uncommon. remember, your driveshat is now spinning faster at the same mph than before. i do not know your ratio before but if they were 3.73's then your driveline is spinning about 22% faster. the vibes may have been there before but at a different speed and were less...
  14. J

Solid Axle

remember grands also came with i6's. make sure you get the v8 coils as they will give you more lift. sorry about your rollover but good luck on the swap! oh- the track bars are exactly the same on 6s and 8s. if you decide to use the steering setup, definately get the v8 one. the i6 tie rod...
  15. J

Solid Axle

the yj is a high pinion axle but it is a vacuum disconnect axle which means on the passengers side axle tube there is a vacuum switch that controls the locking and unlocking of the axle shaft. when you shift the t case into 4wd, that actuates the switch. most people try and stay away from them...
  16. J

Solid Axle

cool. thanks! waggy 44s are low pinion. i believe the fords were one of the few to go to hp44. i don't know about dodge. chev is on the wrong side. nathan
  17. J

Solid Axle

all the grands come stock with a sfa i just upgraded to a hp30. thanks for the compliment! nathan
  18. J

Solid Axle

there is a big difference in running mud and rockcrawling. what cerof is saying is for the money, a hp 30 is hard to beat. i picked mine up for $50 at a pick and pull. if you were lucky enough to find a hp44 you still have to have it cut down. i will be going to a hp 44 at some point when i...
  19. J

Solid Axle

i have a grand with a dana 30 up front. i swapped in a high pinion (reverse cut) dana 30 to replace the standard cut one. a hp front axle is about 30% stronger going forward than a lp. if you pick up a waggy dana 44 it will be a low pinion. the only advantage you get over the hp 30 is tube...
  20. J

Go ahead and Laugh, I kinda deserve it

I'm just playin with you :chug: Trust me, if it wasn't for me doing all the work myself I couldn't afford the Jeep either. :D Nathan
  21. J

Go ahead and Laugh, I kinda deserve it

Now lets see a pic of your truck :p Yes Ricks truck is awesome. Nathan
  22. J

oregon!

I'd be up for some. I bet TSF has a few inches of snow by now. Where do you usually go? I am up for some place new. Nathan
  23. J

Can you tighten up the 8.8 LS?

I chose no to weld the tubes to the housing because of the upper and lower control arm links will prevent the tubes from spinning. I took the ZJ off road with the 8.8 and I was suprised on how well the ls did. I had a locker in the 35c and didn't notice that much difference. I just had to...
  24. J

I have the RE kit with spacers and I net about 5.5" after everything settled. Toss on some 2" spacers and with some trimming you can put on some 33s. I have never heard of any pre 96 ZJ coming with a Dana 44. I would have a hard time believing it is a 44 under there. Not calling you a...
  25. J

Oh here is a pic of the 8.8. Nathan
Back