Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Passenger Quarter Panel 10" subwoofer box for '07 XLT?

Thanks for the words guys. Judging from the replies, it just doesn't seem to be worth persuing an install in the passenger quarter panel for a 10". Since it has factory rear air, the driver's side is out. So, I guess that leaves me with a Q Logic truck box strapped up against the back of the...
  2. M

Passenger Quarter Panel 10" subwoofer box for '07 XLT?

I did a bunch of searching on this topic already and it appears a right quarter panel aftermarket box which will fit a 10" sub was only made for the early explorers. I'm doing an install on a friend's 07 XLT w/ rear AC (basic sound from factory) and am looking for a custom sub box which would...
  3. M

Lost Reverse on A4LD

hehe.....I actually told my friend to go see if that worked and I'm waiting for him to get back to me. I garnered that manual L and Reverse used many of the same components after reading many of the posts and FAQ here. I will post again when I hear what happens.
  4. M

Lost Reverse on A4LD

Hey guys, I was wondering if losing only Reverse is a common problem with an easy fix. All forward gears seem to work fine on my friend's 92 XLT w/ about 120K miles. If there is a common issue that is solved by just dropping the valve body, I think I could tackle it. If it's a full...
  5. M

Radius Bushings

I got the job done this afternoon. I got the 7/16" grade 8 bolts 3x 1 1/4" and 1x 1" along with 8 flat washer, 4 lockwashers and 4 nuts. I thought 3/4" was too short to go all the way through and still nut it on the end. I was right. I personally put the nuts on the outside of the frame...
  6. M

Radius Bushings

Thanks for reminding me about parts america....I found a great picture of a RAB set on there: http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=TRW&mfrpartnumber=HB1495KHD&parttype=76&ptset=A So the nylon spacer is just a ring that goes between the backside of the crossmember and the...
  7. M

Radius Bushings

Lots of great info here guys. I picked up a set of Energy Poly bushings and I'm confident that I can do the job. However, the instructions in the Energy box make reference to a nylon spacer. Some applications have the nylon spacer, some do not. They do not specifically list the explorer...
Back