Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

wire going to driver's seat belt connector

Hi Wiskah, My seat is green leather so the gray won't match. That will undoubtedly have a poor affect on my mileage if I use the wronmg color (g). But thanks for the offer. Mike
  2. M

Starts 100% in cool weather only

I just wanted to add to this thread incase anyone searches. In my case, a $14 fender solenoid eventually did the trick. And the Ford dealer missed that. Unbelievable! Mike
  3. M

wire going to driver's seat belt connector

>>The bolt holding it in is a TORX T-50 bolt You will need that special socket, and a huge breaker bar...<< Hi Brandon, My driver's side seat blet won't stay in. On examination, when it is out the spring that brings it back is lost. If I push the button down it foesn;t move because it...
  4. M

Writing in a window..and a little O/T

Thanks for the photos. It made me give a look online as I could see from your photos what I was looking to do. It's relatively inexpensive to get anything custom made. I found a site that looks good at http://graphxonline.com/designonline/ Could you tell me the font size of the rear window...
  5. M

Writing in a window..and a little O/T

Okay....I'm going to try to change history! I know I'm not a regular here and have only dropped by to ask a question or two a year. I'm sorry, but I just don't know much about cars or trucks so I can't help. Many of you recall the phrase "Kilroy Was Here" that was used in WW II. I'm 49 years...
  6. M

>>Sounds like shift interlock switch for the transmission when you say that you have to wiggle the shifter.<< But the thing is that I don't have to do that anymore since the average temp dropped about 15 degrees. Any thoughts on why that would be? One guy told me his Totota had an...
  7. M

starts 100% in cooler weather???? >>I think its a bad grounding.<< But why would the grounding have anything to do with a change in temp and humidity? I hope someone with some knowledge of 95 Explorers sees this. Muy daughter is supposed to start driving this car when she gets her license...
  8. M

Hi, I posted a problem here a few months ago that could not be solved even by Ford. I have an auto starter that was professionally installed and never had a problem. Suddenly, I would need to turn the ignition or the electrobnic start 10 times or more before starting. All I would get...
  9. M

Trouble starting

Hi, I have a 95 Eddie Bauer [76K miles] and was having trouble starting the car. The battery is fine but I would turn the key and sometimes it would start and sometimes it wouldn't. A friend who is well versed in car repairs as his dad owned a garage years ago [but he hasn't bought a car...
  10. M

Going synthetic...any inbetween step?

R.I.P.? was oil related AgExplorer wrote>>95 XLT 4X2 4.0L OHV - R.I.P. << Having a 95, dare I ask? Why is it now resting in peace? Or is it resting in pieces? Thanks, Mike
  11. M

Quick oil drain [not Fram] from Performance products newtek007 wrote>>I'm assuming your talking about the Fram Sure Drain plug.<< No, actually I've yet to install the item I bought from Performance products. It's gold in color and has a ball in it that turns to open so that the hole in the...
  12. M

My 95 Explorer has almost 70K miles on it with no problems so far with the engine. Most of the driving is local with oil changes done between 3K and 5K. I plan on keeping this till it drops as it's an Eddie Bauer and so far has no dents. No one drives it but me! If I use Mobil One after...
  13. M

any gauge packages available?

Are there any after market gauge packages available rather than the idiot lights in the 95 EB that came standard? Thanks in advance, Mike
  14. M

AM radio weak with engine on

Hi, I have a problem and was hoping new plugs and Jacobs wires would solve it, but it didn't. When on AM radio, I sometimes drive into weak area with static that shouldn't be happening as I'm only a few miles difference from the station. I guess the signal is slightly weaker due to...
  15. M

Which shock...never off road

Thank you, Kyle.
  16. M

Which shock...never off road

I am looking at new shocks for my 95 Explorer EB. There is no off road use of my Explorer. So it's probably 80% local on decent roads and 20% highway. I've seen Bilsteins and Edelbrocks mentioned. Are they good for my use or are they going to make the ride stiffer than I would like? I'm...
  17. M

95 Explorer EB question - PLEASE read.

I just checked and I do have the forward ones backwards. I'll change them in the morning. Hopefully that will stop what might be a pressure problem that is causing the leak. If not, I'll just return the part to Ford as defective. Given that the dealer just tried to rip me off on my Windsar, I...
  18. M

95 Explorer EB question - PLEASE read.

Hi, Would someone with a 95' Eddie Bauer please look under the hood and look at the hoses coming out of the heater to a vale 12" off it, and the hoses that go from the valve to the engine? Whaterver that valve is called is doing the same thing as the old one I replaced, des[pite new...
  19. M

Which hose where?

I can't find the piece of paper I wote the hose placements on, so if anyone could shoot me an e-mail with an answer to the following, I'd apprecitate it. It's easier for me to check. I'm replacing all the hoses. I am not sure which hose enters and which leaves the firewall. So I have...
  20. M

Expedition starts and immediately stalls

Expedition now running Oddly enough, I did that by accident. I put two cans of Gumout in since she had a 3/4's full tank, along with a additive for water. It seemed to help a little right away after my neighbor and I rocked the car to mix it. I asked if he wanted to try and turn it over (g)...
  21. M

Expedition starts and immediately stalls

I have a friend of my wife's in from out of state with the kids and need a quick answer to get them out (g). Her 99 Expedition starts fine and then instantly stalls. She just drove 300 miles to here. Before she left it was happening and the dealership drove to her house and drove the car...
  22. M

Wilderness AT 16 does miliage matter

Hi, I purchased a second set of Wilderness AT 16" at 48,000 miles. I purchased them at a Firestone dealer, have the receipt, and have 13,000 miles on them. Are they looking at the usage and prorating the refund, or is one getting the full amount or a replacement? Thanks in...
  23. M

My 95 high brakelight solution

I went to R&S Strauss today and found an LED Light Trim Bar by the Wolo company of Deer Park, NY. The model # is LTB-10. It's 14" long and 3/4" high. I took the lead from the balast and connected it as the LED is a direct 12 volts. I placed it inside the top of the window with clear epoxy...
  24. M

Gerryrig a new top stop light?

I started a new threas on this brakelight sage since at $200 just for the part, and no way that I can see how I can replace it, I'm thinking otyher options. There is 12 volts to the balast. Any chance of buying a high stoplight and fixing it from that wire lead and attaching it to the glass...
  25. M

brakelight - part II

Thanks for the instructions, Robert. With all that work, do they know this is basically a car and not a tank! (g). I could see this if the parts had a MTF of 30 years. But doing all this for a brake light is nuts! I'll give it a try. Mike
Back