Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2 year project complete-351w,ford 9",dana 44, 35s, with pics

sweet, i was thinking of goin to fort wayne clutch(which is where i went for my kits after burnin my disc up twice, because the first time we forgot to put a shim in) i didn't know if they made them or not.
  2. D

2 year project complete-351w,ford 9",dana 44, 35s, with pics

im getting ready to do the same swap and wondering about how hard it was to find driveshafts to fit, or how long you think it will take before i break my stock axles and have to upgrade(which will happen eventually)
  3. D

different engine

its carb'd so im gonna end up fixing up a new hood, and this is my project for offroadin. it is currently a daily driver but im getting another 4 door SUV for 200 bux which gets twice the mileage so that will be my new daily driver. and the explorer will be all toy. and it looks nice in there...
  4. D

different engine

i finally made my decision to rid of the old 4.0 V6 and get a v8. Well, my first plan was to get the 5.0 302 like in the newer explorers but i talked to a friend and he told me i might as well go a lil bigger and get a ford small block. So i did. I found an amazing deal about 100 miles from...
  5. D

mean sound

what kind of headers and intake? the size in diameter of the exhaust
  6. D

mean sound

i was wondering what makes a stock 4.0 sound like a beefy beast. i like the sound a lot and wanted to know what would be the best thing to buy to make it sound like that.
  7. D

Air Intake....3" BL?

im getting ready to buy a 3" body lift for my 92 sport and was wondering if when i lift the body, does the air intake get in the way or does the engine and everything lift with the body? because if it doesn't, it looks like the radiator is connected to the body and the air intake is right above...
  8. D

33's on stock rim?

I have a 92 sport 4wd, and want to make it a mudder, but im on a low budget and want to be able to mud within a yr. Im gonna be gettin a 3" BL so i can fit bigger tires. but since im only gonna be able to spend around 1000 by then i want to get 33's for my stock 5x7 rims for every day for better...
  9. D

Ball Joint Replacement

would I have to get the whole control arm on the uppers for my 92 sport 4wd?
Back