Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. jshexplo96

jshexplo96 (Robbs 95 EB SAS)

Can anyone chime in on what the prefered* or optimal shackle angle is???
  2. jshexplo96

the d44 I found ended up being from a 83 waggy which has the vac disconnect so I didnt get it. Still looking. Im waiting for a draglink in the mail so I can get it all finished up. Probably drive it on the d30 till I find a 44.
  3. jshexplo96

oops..

what are those things used for??? (besides backyard bogging;) )
  4. jshexplo96

washington sas people take my money

well just a basic hi steer moves the steering arm (connects to pitman arm) above the springs so its closer to parallel with the tie rod(bar between steering knuckles). this helps with a variety of problems. For one, with a spring over, the drag link in stock location would be at a very severe...
  5. jshexplo96

Well that list can be decieving. I just wanted to get you started. There is alot more to consider. One of the biggest is the steering. With a spring over, you will need to come up with some sort of hi steer. Either buy one or custom make one. I think M.O.R.E makes one that will work...
  6. jshexplo96

Ive found my d44. Ill post pics later. Gonna start cleaning her up and rebuilding her.
  7. jshexplo96

sorry forgot I dont have pictures on this computer. Check my SAS thread (JShexplo96 SAS) there are pics in there.
  8. jshexplo96

Sounds like for what you are wanting to use it for, a Jeep YJ dana 30 would be a good axle to start with. They are the right width and same bolt pattern as your Explorer. They are readily available and fairly inexpensive. A spring over with stock Wagoneer springs would put you at about the...
  9. jshexplo96

21Robbie21 SAS

10. jshexplo96

Id love to. I dont know if I can have it finished but I might be able to get it together pretty decent. Well see, Im still looking for a d44.
  11. jshexplo96

Yea...it will be alot better functionally and looks when I cut notches for the frame rails to sit it. dont know if that makes sense, but it will be more than plenty strong and the bumber covers everything when its bolted on.
  12. jshexplo96

Yomie's SAS....Again

PM sent to you Yomie. Id love to pick up that axle. Let me know!
  13. jshexplo96

Yea, im lowering the front probably about 2". It should sit level then. Im gonna work on the brakes today. Running new lines, bypassing the abs.
  14. jshexplo96

Updates!!! Got the rims and tires on so this week I roll it in the shop to finish the crossmember and spring hangers. I think im gonna take a few pages from section525 playbook and notch the front cross member so that it wraps around the frame. It will be much stronger that way. I...
  15. jshexplo96

Section525 - D44 2nd gen. leaves SAS

Heres pictures of mine....just some examples
  16. jshexplo96

ordered the 37x14x15 iroks today
  17. jshexplo96

Does anyone know the rubicon express brake line extensions that would fit right on??? I remember reading it somewhere but cant find it....(i think maybe yomies truck???)
  18. jshexplo96

yea i ordered the 4" backspacing 15x10 and 1.5 spacers....
  19. jshexplo96

So since I am using spacers, I should go with 4" backspacing?? Or atleast a 3.5?
  20. jshexplo96

Thanks rockranger for the help. Yea, I still have alot to do!! the the shackle hanger mounts on the rear of the front spring are gonna be gussetted and then plate over the top, welded and grinded smooth. For the front I am going to add the same angle iron to the outside of the frame as...
  21. jshexplo96

no...not the picture...i moved the axle 2 inches foward...but it is adjustable till I weld it all in;)
  22. jshexplo96

I just dont want the tires to rub on the springs or frame?? ....but I dont want them way out there either. So I think what Im asking is what is a nice medium?
  23. jshexplo96

in the pictures...those are flat! 33's also, everything is just bolted on... no welding yet. Once I get it all together then I will take it to get it welded.
  24. jshexplo96

I need advice on what back spacing to get for the rims. I am ordering 15x10 beadlock simulates with 37x14x15 iroks.????
  25. jshexplo96

more pics
Back