Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Rear Axle Seal & Bearing part numbers

yea actually rockauto was the only one that i could find them. i was just a little hesitant in case something was the wrong size etc, it would be a PIA to get the right one. What i ended up doing was using a ford parts diagram and getting them at my local store with the diagram
  2. D

Rear Axle Seal & Bearing part numbers

I have a leaking drivers side rear axle seal. I plan on replacing both left and right seals and bearings. Im having a hard time finding the right part numbers for the seals and bearings. All i seem to come up with is stuff for the front axle not the rear. any help guys? Thanks in advance
  3. D

ABS pulsing at low speeds (LT 10MPH) on dry pavement

Fixed update Turns out it was a bad front left wheel hub assembly
  4. D

abs sensor or bad wheel bearing?

5. D

ABS pulses at low speeds on dry pavement

6. D

2002 Ranger bed mounts rusted through

anyone else have their bed mounts rust to the point the failed and snapped off? I noticed at the gas station when i put the nozzle into the filler neck that the bed moved with it. i looked under the truck as best as i could at the gas station and it looks like the mounts that hold the...
  7. D

ABS pulses at low speeds on dry pavement

I apologize in advance for crossing over forums but I posted this in the ranger forum 3months ago with little luck so I'm hoping the increased traffic here will help me out My truck is a 2002 ranger 4.0L 4wd 178,000 miles I can feel the ABS system activating and pulsing the pedal at low...
  8. D

p0171-p0174 codes pos. fix

My codes were from the cracked PCV elbow, FYI just in case your codes come back
  9. D

starter removal

Update- Was able to get it off with a stubby ratchet and a 13mm swivel socket that I picked up. Several curses and bloody knuckles later tho lol Thanks guys
  10. D

starter removal

There is only two bolts, one at 6oclock and the top bolt which is like 1oclock. Its so frustrating from underneath there looks like there is plenty of room but everything from the steering shaft, exhaust, and differential get in the way
  11. D

starter removal

Hey guys, I am in a jam and so im trying to do a little cross referencing. Im trying to remove the starter out of my 02 Ranger 4.0 4WD and i know the trucks are pretty much the same and there is alot more traffic on the explorer pages. For the life of me I cant figure out a way to get...
  12. D

Starter removal

2002 XLT 4.0 4wd Trying to replace my starter. How in god's name do you get the top mounting bolt off? Ive tried endless combinations of swivels and extensions but cant get any room to swing the ratchet. thanks in advance
  13. D

Update Changed both front wheel sensors. Abs still pulses but now only when stopping with the wheels turned to the left????
  14. D

2002 ranger 4.0L 4wd 178,000 miles I can feel the ABS system activating and pulsing the pedal at low speeds (<10MPH) on dry pavement It usually happens when turning into parking spots and you are about to come to complete stop the pedal pulsates and to be honest has almost made me hop the...
  15. D

Fixed IT- P0171 & P0174 CEL

Hey guys just thought I'd pass along my success in tackling the P0171/P0174 CEL on my 2002 Ranger 4.0 The PCV elbow hose had a split/crack in it causing a large vaccum leak. I was able to locate the whole PCV hose assembly online (Part # KCV-190) for about 20-30 bucks. I save some $ by...
  16. D

2002 4.0L SOHC coolant sensors? Pic attached

update- i replaced the ECT sensor along with the thermostat and it fixed the problem. i believe the ECT sensor was the culprit but replaced the thermostat since i was in that deep into the project
  17. D

abs sensor or bad wheel bearing?

lately on my truck ive noticed the ABS kicking in when coming to a stop with the wheels turned to the right. this is only at low speeds like if you were to make a right turn into a parking spot. Just as the truck is about to come to a complete stop the brake pedal pulses and i feel the abs...
  18. D

valve cover bolt help

2002 Ranger 4.0 SOHC does anyone know where to get replacement valve cover bolts for the 4.0? i went to my local ford parts dept and they say the only way to get the bolts is to buy two new valve covers for a mere $180.00 also forgot to add, he said it looks like he can get the bolts...
  19. D

what sensor is this? pic attatched

The date of manufacture for my truck is 09/01
  20. D

I have about 175,000 on the odometer. Im at work right now so ill have to get back to u on the manufacture but the 10th digit in my vin is infact a 2
  21. D

oh ok. i do have the timing chain rattle at 2,000 rpm is that something i should replace now as well?
  22. D

im going to go ahead and replace the knock sensor while i have everything all opened up. now can anyone tell me what this object screwed into the cylinder head is?
  23. D

so in order to change out my ECT sensor, i need to remove the plastic intake manifold. i found this sensor on the engine block? any one know what it is? i was looking at some parts places online and I found a knock sensor that kinda looks like what i got here. Now do you guys think i...
  24. D

The gage in the dash is working fine. The needle stops a little before the halfway mark. The coolant level is full at the radiator fill neck. Btw i believe my two sensors are the push In type because i can see a retaining snap ring like clip around the base of the sensor
  25. D

this is for my 2002 ranger with the 4.0 sohc engine. i have the P0125 code so i am planning on replacing the thermostat along with the temperature sensor. however when I located the sensor to the rear of the thermostat housing there are two sensors. are they both coolant sensors? and...
Back