Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Welshdragon79

Locker for sale

Locker been sold yet? Post hasn't been bumped in awhile, worth a shot though.
  2. Welshdragon79

Nerf bars for my 93 Explorer Sport??

I measured and the 58"s will fit the Sports.... :thumbsup:
  3. Welshdragon79

your opinion on tires?

Your just liv'in the wrong part of Cali :D There are six locally here that will keep you interested.
  4. Welshdragon79

Nerf bars for my 93 Explorer Sport??

I know this is kind of an old thread, however, you might measure the distance from wheel well to wheel well and see what you come up with. This guy is a very nice guy and makes a couple sizes of rock sliders from 58"- 78"; Marlin Crawler
  5. Welshdragon79

your opinion on tires?

I looked at the pics of the trails up there, looks similar to around here with the decomposed granite and felled trees and what not. I'll throw a bone to the KM2's as I have seen them perform on a buddies truck pretty well. Only gripe I've heard on those is the sidewalls can be a bit soft and...
  6. Welshdragon79

your opinion on tires?

I'm currently running 33x12.50x15 on 15x8 Soft 8 steel rims ( you'll have to consider your backspacing with wider tires) and the spacer/ shackle BL setup. You'll have to trim the front fenders just a bit for clearance, not a huge deal for most but something to think about if you don't want to...
  7. Welshdragon79

your opinion on tires?

Pro Comps Take a look at the Pro Comp Xtreme M/Ts. I'm not sure your budget but these are worth a look. I've had the 33" version of these on mine for 2 years/ seasons and they're quite, drive like the Brdge. Duelers A/Ts I had on there before ( on road*) and perform very well in snow, mud and...
  8. Welshdragon79

My thoughts on a 4" SOA flip.

Oh, got what your saying now. I'm actually running longer shackles on mine for a simple two inch and my only gripe would be that it decreases your departure angle.
  9. Welshdragon79

I assume when you say below the frame you mean inboard or outboard of the frame. Outboard would be much like the Ranger setup and I believe the issue with the Explorer is the a lack of clearance between the frame and rear tire to mount the setup. Having the setup inboard would seem to increase...
  10. Welshdragon79

Yeah damarble I think you and I are about on the same page. My Expo Sport has a 3 leaf setup. The Safari is a straight single leaf fiberglass unit. I think if they're frenched like your're doing and throw on some dog leg shackles like the Heep you'd end up with a trick 4" SOA, superior ground...
  11. Welshdragon79

EXPLORER SPORT side chopped and RANGER tail gate

I have to subscribe to this. The ranger gate looks cool, but I'd like to keep the smooth look of my liftgate. I'm thinking of going to a pick n pull and yanking a liftgate off one of the Expos there to hack up. Keep the post and pics coming :thumbsup:
  12. Welshdragon79

Ok, hear me out I've had an idea for a 4" SOA for awhile: french the forward spring mounts into the frame, then you'll use a set of fiberglass composite leaves from a GMC Safari which are 1 leaf. They are about 2 and a half to 3 inchs wide but you can make some custom mounts and shackles to...
  13. Welshdragon79

Lifted, 33s, Fender Trimming (people who have those, have ?s for you)

Some idea what it looks like with the front fenders trimmed. I drew it out first and cut them with the wheel of death ( cut off wheel). Used a sawzall to get everything else as it was a bit more messy:
  14. Welshdragon79

Lifted, 33s, Fender Trimming (people who have those, have ?s for you)

I had to cut the corners off the back edge of the front fenders and leave one bolt there. There's a fender trimming post here somewhere that outlines it. To keep it looking good I put the plastic fender trim back on. Same basic setup though around about 4-5 inchs of lift with 33" tires 15x8 rims...
  15. Welshdragon79

Random Rim Question(s)

Really depends on what your doing with the set up. Most people will tell you to keep the rim and tire width within 2.5 inchs. That being said; I have experienced more beads coming unseat when aired down on 33x12.50x15 on a set of 15x10 then any other wheel and tire combo. This was not on the...
  16. Welshdragon79

pics of the 91' navajo

I like what you did with the liftgate/ tailgate. I'm planning on doing something like that and half doors later this summer and keeping the full top. How is it hanging on there? Did you weld it or is it latched on?
  17. Welshdragon79

Budget got slashed a little. Need opinions.

My 33's and 3.73's are no bueno. I know I've abused the snot outa my clutch while wheeling. If I had the money I would do the 4.88's. That's my 2 cents. :salute:
  18. Welshdragon79

What Lift and Tires is this Rig?

No issues with hitting the CB at all. I can wrap the mic cord around the shifter and hook it on the mic clip and it stays outa the way.
  19. Welshdragon79

Question about rotors & drums swapping

To get the benefit of using larger brakes from the D44. Then you start running into deminishing returns where the money spent upgrading the TTB to 5 on 5.5 might have been better spent on a SOA.
  20. Welshdragon79

Question about rotors & drums swapping

If he wanted he could get custom shafts for the 8.8 w/ the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern.
  21. Welshdragon79

here's a visual. nice place for the CB! :thumbsup:
  22. Welshdragon79

I did the 3" BL, it came with a shifter extension and steering extension. Also came with all the bumper brackets and e-brake brackets to relocate. I didn't do the shifter ext. cause it was late and I was lazy, you will have problems with the shift boot and it may hit the cup holders on the...
  23. Welshdragon79

Catalytic Converter Value??

Seriously, people have been cutting them out from under peoples trucks (stealing them) in their driveways in Cali to get the recycle money from those. :thumbdwn:
  24. Welshdragon79

8" Skyjacker Lift for '92 Ranger on a '92 Ex???

Really does throw back to the 80's early 90's "Go big or go home" way of doing a lift. Looks swweeet :thumbsup:
  25. Welshdragon79

To regear or not?

I have to ask if you guys that have regeared are manual or auto and if that would make a difference in choosing between a 4.56, 4.88 or 5.??
Back