Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Help ! Engine won't crank

Nope, no crank at all with ignition on, just clicking. I can hear the starter try to move with iginition on, so I know it's not dead, but no, no cranking what-so-ever. Didn't misfire while driving, only drop RPMs when idling and stall out. Didn't matter if it was in Park or Drive either.
  2. A

On a 2nd gen ? I thought about that from a 1st gen thread I read, but everything is getting power... including the starter motor when I jump it... I've yanked on many wires as well and everything looks solid wire-wise. And again, all electronics, dash lights, blower motor, fuel pump, etc, work...
  3. A

My sister in law's 1995 auto V6 quit today in the parking lot of the grocery store. After an interesting tow using a friend's SUV and a long rope (no, no funny stories this time :D), it is in the driveway at home. When the ignition is turned to start, all I get is a "click". Obviously just...
  4. A

Wheel bearing shot ? Other causes ? Normal ?

I wonder if it's in the front or the rear.... it "feels" like the rear, but definately the front would not surprise me too much. I'll take a closer peek at the wheels tonight. Thanks for everyone's help on this most frustrating issue :thumbsup:
  5. A

Nothing looks bent ?
  6. A

Well, I should say, not necessarily less, but not as noticeable ? I feel the vibration in the gas pedal and floor board, so obviously when I let off the gas, it's better.
  7. A

Nope, I have the V6 :( Another thing I might mention, sometimes when I'm driving on the highway, I can hear a... banging ? It's hard to describe. It sounds like something on the outside of the truck is "flapping in the wind" and hitting the truck ? Very hard to describe.
  8. A

All the time, coasting is barely noticeable. So far I've eliminated the front driveshaft (it's not in there right now), rear driveshaft (universals changed less than a month ago), wheel bearing, wheel balancing and the tires themselves.
  9. A

Already changed. Front driveshaft is off the X. I don't know WTF is causing this vibration, it's driving me insane ! :roll:
  10. A

Ok, so pursuant to my other post, I took my front driveshaft off (which was toast btw), but the vibration is still there. I jacked up each wheel, one by one, to check for wheel bearing issues. Front wheels are nice and tight, no problems. Each rear wheel can be moved in and out by directly...
  11. A

Vibration when driving

Mine is true 2wd, I have the front centre axel disconnect. What do you suggest I check while the rear is on stands ? I can certainly do this, but what am I looking for ?
  12. A

Vibration when driving

Ok, so I've searched for hours and can't find anything that pinpoints to my issue. So here we go: About 2 months ago I started getting the squeeling, gear change "clunk" and nasty vibration that almost made my tilt steering permanent. Put the X on jackstands, rear driveshaft had a ton of play...
  13. A

Front Driveshaft Length ?

I would, but it's less than an inch in difference, so I just wanted to make sure :)
  14. A

Front Driveshaft Length ?

My sister has a 1996 Explorer (same as mine), and needs a new front driveshaft (previous owner blew hers to pieces, no idea how). I am going to need one myself pretty soon, so the question is: Parts places have 2 different models, which one is the stock replacement ? A-1 CARDONE Part #...
  15. A

Front diff leak, help !

Hi everyone, While changing my rear universals, I noticed that my front diff is leaking fluid around the area where the front driveshaft connects to it. Anyone have any experience with leaks in this particular area ? I assume it's a seal ? Any help is greatly appreciated !!
  16. A

vibrations when accelerating or 3k rpm

Man, squeeking noise + vribation at certain RPMs = universal joints are toast. I had these exact symptoms about 4 weeks ago, changed my rear driveshaft universals and the ride is muuuuuuch smoother than I've ever felt it.
  17. A

94 XLT for sale Calgary.

Ummm, you listed it on this forum in 2 seperate threads with different prices. What's the price ? Not my fault you can't keep numbers straight.
  18. A

My '96 XLT

Mmmmmmm, about 105,000 miles. 180,000 km. Runs great, I'm extremely happy with it. So far I've had to replace the stock (10 year old) radiator, spark plug wires and alternator. Nothing crazy that one wouldn't expect to have to replace.
  19. A

PS2 in center console! HELP!

Power inverter, or a 12 volt adapter if they make one for the PS2 (I know they do for the PS1, I used to have one in my Z24). Sorry, can't help you with the center console, hopefully someone who knows will reply.
  20. A

Should I just trade it in now?

Quoted for effect, this is VERY true !
  21. A

94 XLT for sale Calgary.

You mean $1400 OBO. You said $1400 OBO in the other thread you posted in.
  22. A

...need special help...

Here's a good question, where would one buy these gloves ? As in, which store sells them ? Personally, I have never heard of them.
  23. A

oil filter recomendations

Agreed, I think all filters work, but some last longer than others definately. Personally, for the $17 an oil change costs (5w30 oil + new filter), I simply change my oil every 3000 miles (5000km) or 3 months, whichever comes first. And if it's summertime and I'm 4x4ing a lot, I change it every...
  24. A

Switch to Amsoil

I won't start the whole "synthetic" debate again, but recommendation is to change your oil and filter in a short period of time. Flushing can loosen deposits that were building up in your engine, and those deposits can get stuck in oil passage-ways and gum things up. I'd change it after 1500...
Back