Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Saleen Sway Bar & Cobra R's FS

Just listed my Chrome Cobra R's and Brand New Saleen Sway Bar in the Wanted/For Sale section of the site....just thought I'd let you sportsters know, I know the Saleen Sway bar is tough to come by...
  2. C

Help! Back door will not open

I know you are probably all thinking "child lock"....but that is not the issue. My right rear door will not open from either side. The inside handle had been broken for a while, and it wouldn't open from the inside, now all of the sudden it won't open from the outside either. It may have to...
  3. C

ball joint job at sears...

I need to replace both sides - upper and lower....a local ford dealer gave me a quote of over $900. Obviously I'll be heading elsewhere but I'm having a hard time finding an independent shop up here with a gooe reputation. On another note, I had both upper & lower replaced about 40,000 miles...
  4. C

Anybody have these Ford Racing wheels on their Ex?

Anybody have either the Ford Racing FR500 wheels or the 10th anniversary Cobra wheel on their explorer? Don't even know if they would fit, just assuming they are similar to the Cobra R's. They are both here on this page...
  5. C

Looking for a new car....something AWD w/decent gas mileage

I'll be graduating this may and moving on to the real world and I think it's time to think about getting rid of the good old explorer. I just passed 182,000 miles today and I think in the near future it will be more costly to own/repair my explorer than it would be to finance a new car. My...
  6. C

What happened to my AC?

The fan blows, it's just warm/hot air
  7. C

What happened to my AC?

My AC has stopped working lately and even after getting the system recharged it still doesn't work....where do I look to next?
  8. C

My New Lights

Those are Pilot 800C lights. Here is a link Lights (I did not buy mine online I got them at a local shop) I also had them do the instal for me because I don't trust myself with stuff like that. I'll take some pics of how they are mounted as soon as I get home from college....probably the...
  9. C

My New Lights

I got some new lights the other day....click my link to check them out. I think it's the 3rd pic down the page. Let me know what you think!
  10. C

Door Lock shudering

I have the same problem on my rear right passenger door....my front passenger door has a similar problem too. Pretty much the only power lock that works 100% of the time on my truck is the drivers door :rolleyes:
  11. C

155,000 miles later I get new shocks

I finally got new shocks put on....found out I still had the factory shocks on....and only 155,000 miles. I got monroe reflex shocks. I've only been a few miles on 'em so far but it already feels like a whole new truck.
  12. C

Air vents problem

I've got the same problem. It's not locked shut but still nothing's coming out. Any ideas why?
  13. C

Speed grille material?

I am in need of a bumper insert as well....for my '96. Street Scene does not make this for our models and they wouldn't sell me a flat piece of the material so I could make my own. I think once spring rolls around I'm going to order one for another application (f-150 or something) and just...
  14. C

Anyway to fix abnormal tire wear?

thanks guys. I am definately in need of new shocks and will have some by the time summer rolls around. I will also get another alignment done this spring. Hopefully this will help a bit otherwise I'll just have to deal with it.
  15. C

Anyway to fix abnormal tire wear?

I have my cobra r's off for the winter and am looking into a new set of tires. Last fall they were getting really noisy because of extremely uneven tire wear. Sucks because I've had em for 2 summers...probably 15-18,000 miles. I doubt there's anything to do besides get rid of them and get new...
  16. C

mount anywhere screens?

I was talking to a shop around here and they suggested something very interesting....put a 5.6" screen in where the stock radio is...I know of at least one brand that will fit there perfectly. Then put your head unit down in the middle console where darkfox put his screen. As long as you have...
  17. C

Exciting info on 2003 Explorer!

I stopped by my local Ford Dealer today inquiring about the 2003 Explorer. None of the sales brochures are out yet but the salesman pulled out his own booklet about all the new models and let me take a look through it. There are many minor changes including an optional rear DVD entertainment...
  18. C

Custom Wheels on a 2002 Limited

My dad's looking to get a 2002 limited and also wants to get some custom wheels. (trying to be like his son ;) ). He put me in charge of finding some nice wheels for him to choose from. Anybody have any suggestions? Any good web sites to go to? Does anybody have a pic of a 2002 X with 17's...
  19. C

When's the '03 Explorer due?

Anybody know when the 2003 Explorer is due to be on the market? Also, are they changing anything from the 02 model?
  20. C

Quick gadget questions...

Does it look like the antenna on this page? This one, as it says, is for XM radio. Dead Link Removed
  21. C

Road Trip! - Questions and advice

Thanks for all the advice. I took the same trip last summer with my dad...towing my brothers truck down there. I will be taking 95 the whole way, except to go around the cities. I'm hoping to do the trip in a little under 24 hours. I'm going with a friend so we'll be switching every few...
  22. C

Road Trip! - Questions and advice

I'm gonna be taking a road trip in a week and a half when school gets out. I'm heading from here (New Hampshire) down to visit my brother in Melbourne, Florida. My X has 142,000 miles on it and has never had any major problems. What should I get done to it before I take off? My brakes were...
  23. C

Mountaineer... Bling,Bling?

Very nice, man! Don't see many MM street trucks...nice to see something new :)
  24. C

Rate My X

I recently got rid of my bug shield too....it had been on since it left the dealers lot. At first it looked odd to me...but I gave it a few days and now I love it. It looks so much better. One thing I noticed is that it makes the front of the truck look lower - so if you're going for a street...
  25. C

Finally lowered the front - Spring Cleanup time!

I didn't do anything to my bumpstops. I'm gonna see how it goes for a little bit and once I get new shocks I'll shave them down if need be. I put my wheels on yesterday and even with it lowered a little bit there's no rubbing going on. I think if I go any lower the wheel will rub with the...
Back