Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Gas Milleage

djbiker do you have any check engion lights showing ?any mods?
  2. A

1st Gen SAS... need swaybar... which one ?

i got one on mine. it is from a 79 full size bronko works great corners as good as my 92 thunder bird. also put the stock one back on in the rear. you should check your draglink angle with the track bar angle. mine were not the same and, it was real exciting when i would hit a bump at 60...
  3. A

colindo94 fullwidth swap

awesome! one sensor bracket comeing up. thanks
  4. A

colindo94 fullwidth swap

iz did the tone ring work? i had to make a spacer to get my drive shaft to work in the rear end and i incorperated something simular to what you have done but have yet to mount the sensor with it
  5. A

Gas Milleage

i get 18.5 mpg from my 92ex manual trans full size d44 9in 31 tires 6 inch of lift 3.50 gears i pay close attention to tire pressure. keep em at 40 the tire says 50 psi but it makes the ride harsh. did the acetone treatment one oz to 5 gall gas and was geting 19 mpg i think...
  6. A

colindo94 fullwidth swap

looks awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i would use the anti lock sensor it will get rid of the dash light that will come on if it is not hooked up and, will help you from locking up them big tires i have the 9in rear no sensor spot but i pluged the senseor back in, no light but, it thinks the axel is...
  7. A

Drag link, what to use?

how is dom pipe stronger than solid bar? and sperical rod ends are stronger than ball joints?????? ther is a reason the auto manafactures dont use that stuff
  8. A

colindo94 fullwidth swap

so is ther a spot for the antilockbreak sensor on the 8.8 full size ??????
  9. A

colindo94 fullwidth swap

i used the stock explorere break cables they fit the 9 in and probly will fit the 8.8 i did have to relocate the bracket 2 inches to the rear and one inch up but now you have to pull the drum breaks half way apart to put them on
  10. A

colindo94 fullwidth swap

colindo94 is ther a place for the abs sensor on the 88 8.8 full size axel ? i have the 9 in in mine and am thinking bout using the 8.8 so i can get the abs back
  11. A

5.0 Parts Compatible with 4.0 OHV

good question, maby the filter box from the 5.0 might work and it would match the maf upgrade
  12. A

electric problems

my 92 ex is having some problems. when i start it in the morning the wipers , raido and electric windos do not work .tell i have driven it for around 2 miles then they all start working. im shure it is in the wiring my question is where is the hot wire that runs to that located
  13. A

Ford 9" Down for the third time.

so you gona drive it in front wheel drive tell you get the 3rd member fixed i had to do that a couple years ago. one of my spydergears broke,so i pulled the drive shaft and drove it in 4 high for 2 monthes. the dana 44 held up at 60 mph with no vibrations.
  14. A

wow good to know! i did not know the bolts would strech
  15. A

the string does not have to be centered perfict it is just a refrense to what stright is sorry on the spelling never was good at it
  16. A

set the string in the 12 o clock postion on bolth sides if it is bent you will see it
  17. A

ok wast time and a 3rd member............................. a stright peice of box tubing say 2/2 by 11 guage would work maby angle iron or inch and a half round bar or strip it down and run a string line through the axle tubes strech it tight use a flash light and have a look
  18. A

im thinking a 5 foot stright edge and a tape measure would probly get the job done
  19. A

ther has to be a way to tell if the housing is bent with out wasting a 3rd member on it
  20. A

finished? does any one ever finish?

geting 18.5 miles to the gallon on acetone
  21. A

finished? does any one ever finish?

latest gass milage was 17 to the gallon
  22. A

1310 verus 1350 yoke

why is the 1350 a pita? it is same as a 1310 sept bigger? when i did my d44 9in swap i had to get a 1310/1330 weardo ujoint for the front and lucky my 91 parts ex had 1330 joints on the rear drive shaft so i did not have to get the weardo ujointto connect my drive shaft to the 3rd member
  23. A

Advice needed after checking codes

replace the MAF. it is the first thing in the sequece of events that happen when you engine is running. a bad MAF will give your o2 sensors a bad reading hence the codes 172 (O2 lean) and 176 (O2 always lean)
  24. A

MAF to Throttle Body Intake Tube First Generation Explorer - Build Your Own

probly not unless i blow up the 4.0 i think i might put it in a international1310 1 ton 4/4 flat bed it has the old 345 in it and gets realy bad gas milage and is a nightmare to start
  25. A

Explorer value

i got a 92 give to me as in free in good condition only prob was a bad trans
Back