Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement

Unfortunately I think your request will fall on deaf ears. I think a lot of smart folks have gotten rid of these vehicles and moved on. We may be the only ones left.
  2. 0

5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement

My 2005 XLT 4WD 102,000 miles is having tranny problems with no codes or flashing light. I have noticed that when the tranny gets up to operating temperature that upon slowing down one of the gears will downshift hard (bang) right before coming to a complete stop (not all of the time though)...
  3. 0

rear body panel crack? who has it!!

Just found this thread after noticing that mine has the same crack right now the middle.
  4. 0

Is this bad gas mileage

Those are some great tips. Thanks.
  5. 0

Is this bad gas mileage

I have no clue what factory gears are in it. The truck use to average about 17 with town and city driving but now it is at 11 MPG. Probably time to do some fluid changes along with plugs and plug wires. Thanks everyone for the help.
  6. 0

Is this bad gas mileage

My 05 XLT 4.0 with 88K miles on the odometer is getting about 11 miles per gallon with city driving. Is this about normal for these vehicles?
  7. 0

Tranmission issue

Well my issue came back quickly because I'm still getting torque converter lag. I probably need to drop the pan and drain the fluid as well as put in a new filter. My best guess is that the little bit of new fluid (1/2 a bottle) that I was able to get into the tranny that didn't come pouring...
  8. 0

2004 Explorer 4.0L SOHC Rough Idle/Stalling

OP, try unplugging the MAF and see if there is any change in your issue.
  9. 0

Rough idle/no power

OP, try unplugging the MAF and see if your issue changes at all.
  10. 0

Tranmission issue

I found it really odd that after running the truck around town for 15 minutes and pulling the center plug (while still idling) resulted in a little over a quart of old fluid being drained out. However trying to add that much back in was tedious because it was pouring out about as fast as I...
  11. 0

Tranmission issue

I'm still confused on the whole filling procedure.
  12. 0

Tranmission issue

Yes, the drive and reverse engagement is delayed.
  13. 0

Coil pack question

Can a worn or bad coil pack cause a rough idle with no check engine light? The reason I ask is because I have a rough idle in park, neutral, or at a stop light/sign and have done the following which has not resolved the issue: Replaced Fuel filter Replaced Spark plugs Replaced Spark plug...
  14. 0

Tranmission issue

I just did the new fluid fill and have the exact same symptoms as you do still with the torque convertor taking awhile to catch on aggressive stopping. It shifts much better thru each gear now when your cruising but still has a hard thud when I put it into either driver or reverse.
  15. 0

Tranmission issue

Since starting this post my transmission symptoms have gotten worse so I went ahead an ordered the adapter and pump. Fingers crossed that adding fluid will solve my issue.
  16. 0

Tranmission issue

Maybe a stupid question but what type of socket and size is required to remove the plug where the transmission fluid fill adapter screws into? Thanks.
  17. 0

Tranmission issue

I also noticed that the transmission shifts better when it is completely cold.
  18. 0

Tranmission issue

I have a 2005 Explorer 4.0 XLT with 85K miles on it. My symptoms are a one second lag when putting it in reverse or drive before it engages in gear. Also, when at a stop light and you go to take off there is a slight slip feeling before it bangs into first gear and the other gears have this...
  19. 0

How to: 4.0 Harmonic Balancer - know when it's going bad & how to fix

Is there any other symptoms besides noise? The reason I ask is because I have a loping or wobbly type idle with no noise. It idles rough for 2 seconds and the next 2 seconds it idles perfectly. It does this over and over whether your in drive or park. When I check the balancer visually it...
  20. 0

ROugh idle engine shakes PLEASE HELP

Blue Explorer...was your symptoms a loping rough idle with no check engine light?
  21. 0

Odd rough idle

While I haven't done anything to the truck since I made this post and the idle has gotten rougher. I can't believe their is no service engine soon light or anything.
  22. 0

02 ford explorer issues idle and drivability

Good deal 02exploderx
  23. 0

2003 Explorer replaced IAC Valve now loud humming

Yup, if it has a fog horn like sound to it then they either installed a cheap IAC or the wrong one.
  24. 0

Tranny shifts hard into gears

I'm hoping it is the solenoid block. The hardest shift is into second gear. The truck only has 85K miles on it and has never been abused.
  25. 0

Tranny shifts hard into gears

I have a 05 XLT 4.0 with 85K miles. The transmission shifts pretty hard when putting it into reverse or drive. Also, it shifts pretty hard into each gear when driving. Any ideas?
Back