Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

APIM replaced

I am replacing the APIM in my 2012 Explorer. Any idea's on how to dispose of the faulty one? I would like to recycle it if possible.
  2. M

MFT Black / Blank Screen

Yes it is. It was only good for 5 years from when the vehicle was made.
  3. M

MFT Black / Blank Screen

Well after getting my 2012 2 years ago it has started getting this MFT Black screen. Sucks i am 3 months married and need to spend what sounds like $1100 to get this fixed. Maybe i can talk with the Ford dealer i bought it from and they can get me fixed for a better deal.
  4. M

Blend Door work

i am in the process of replacing this motor on the passenger side for the second time. With this photo you all think this would be ok to dremel to get the second screw in or other ideas how to get that done?
  5. M

2012 Explorer XLT - Fuel Distance to Empty Computer Gauge Inaccurate

I have been seeing the same thing on my 2012 Explorer Limited. I have gone back to using 88 Octane and the MPG was up to 20.9 but the distance to empty has been going down. My last fill-up said I can go 343 miles but as soon as mid last month I was at 387 miles.
  6. M

2012 Ford Explorer driver side windshield wiper

thanks tuncbtrar I will try that out.
  7. M

2012 Ford Explorer driver side windshield wiper

Has anyone else had issues with wiper blades staying on the driver side wiper arm? I have had to replace the wiper blade today will be the 3rd time in 3 months. The wiper blade is flying off while i am driving on the highway so getting it back is not easily possible. Just wondering if anyone...
  8. M

Need help

does anyone else have idea's?
  9. M

Need help

yes i actually repalced the wires. haven't replaced the coil pack yet, i think i need to replace some gaskets and clean the throttle body. but getting close to my wits end with all the repairs right now.
  10. M

Need help

I have reseated all the wires and the plugs still getting that noise
  11. M

Need help

Does the link work guys?
  12. M

Exhaust

Magnaflow if i remember has a better lower end growl which always sounds good from V8's.
  13. M

Need help

Ok guys i am done trying to rack my brain on this. Any ideas on what the clicking noise is? Started happening after disconnecting the Fuel Pressure damper from the vacuum line. During that time also needed to take the top of the engine off to get to it and found fuel in the vacuum lines. Any...
  14. M

Auto headlights

been a long time here. I finally got my dash lights working but since all that work i am now not able to use the auto lights anymore. Found two connectors that aren't connected but not sure what they are for. One is on the right side of drivers side behind kick plate, the other is a grey...
  15. M

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

So I did this upgrade last fall. Now the lights are flickering really bad. Any idea what to look for when I do this this weekend? I hope it's just loose connections but not really sure
  16. M

Spark plug and wire change nightmare

I am hoping that after changing plugs and wires the cel light goes off from the 7th and 8th plugs are misfiring. I think they had the OG wires
  17. M

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

I recently passed 240,000 and just replaced the heater core. next it spark plugs
  18. M

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

I used the same lights in my Explorer while also fixing the heater core. its amazing how much brighter it all is now.
  19. M

Heater core

yeah i did learn i will never do that job again. The 3 bolts above teh dash took me a while to notice i needed to get pulled. i didn't put the nut on the hidden screw.
  20. M

Heater core

Not a question or anything. But I just finished fixing the heater core on my 99 Explorer. It was the longest weekend job i think i ever did. Feel very accomplished to finish it. I also replaced the dash lights to LED cause I had it all apart. I got the heater core done yesterday by 3ish. Got...
  21. M

Door Ajar Light Won't Go Off

That is correct.
  22. M

Door Ajar Light Won't Go Off

I found this posting this past week and been having this same problem on my 99 Explorer. Used PB Blaster on all the door hinges. Now its showing as closed on all the doors. Thanks for the help.
  23. M

wont start hot

Is it a 5.0 could be the fuel pressure regulator. There is no new parts for that to replace them at least on the 99's and 00's
  24. M

Trying to decide

It is the 5.0. It runs like a champ, no other leaks to speak of. the heater core i was looking up on here and few other clips on YouTube and it looks do able just not sure how much time i can have to do it. The other issue is the fuel pressure regulator is not working very well so starting it up...
  25. M

2000 5.0 data port location?

Its under the steering wheel to the left. will have a cover to get access.
Back