Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. yostyexplorer94

Yostyexplorer94's Hybrid Roll Cage

I moved the B pillar back again at the beginning of the year. The leg room still wasn't enough. I made extension plates for the inside top that will tie it in better when I fix the outside. The A pillar is finally finished.
  2. yostyexplorer94

Roll cage

Here is what I did. Yostyexplorer94's Hybrid Roll Cage
  3. yostyexplorer94

Finally- a decent Transfer-case option for us! The Behemoth Strongbox Doubler

You will not be disappointed with behemoth. They are a top notch company now. I am still running a strongbox from the original owner. I ordered a strongbox with shifters from the new owner. It arrived when he said it would and it is a piece of art.
  4. yostyexplorer94

Solved Barely running Sounds like missing cylinders Code DTC 513 and many more

I did notice that. I should have said working and non working instead of good and bad. I had to verify the pictures with the bad pcm to distinguish which was which when it when I posted the pictures here. The plan is to repair the bad/non working one and swap back in.
  5. yostyexplorer94

Yostyexplorer94's 1994 Explorer Registry

This year's adventure wheeling trip preparation includes the following. This is the short list. redo the doubler mount. replace all poly transmission/doubler bushings, engine mount bushings if I have time. better recovery points (done and pictures in the previous post) Swap leaf springs and...
  6. yostyexplorer94

1994 engine surging What the #+@- is going on here?

If I am understanding correctly, it started to run fine again. So it would be an intermittent problem I had a bad wire connection on a new fuel pump that gave me similar issues like that. I would start with checking the fuel pressure at the engine. Check for vacuum leaks. Could be a bad...
  7. yostyexplorer94

Solved Barely running Sounds like missing cylinders Code DTC 513 and many more

I left work and stopped to fill up at the gas station. Shut my 1993 explorer off and filled up. When I started to leave, it barely started and was running terrible. I pulled each plug wire to see if there was any notice change in idle. Looking under the hood, the back left cylinder made a...
  8. yostyexplorer94

Explorer SAS Questions

It looks to have a track bar. I had to really zoom in to see it. Check that by having someone pull on the bumper in a side to side motion while you look for any slop or unusual movements in the components
  9. yostyexplorer94

Appalachian Adventure 2021
  10. yostyexplorer94

can anyone tell me what kind of inline fuse is needed for power side mirrors for 94 explorer XLT?

That is a recall harness. According to this it is a 10 amp fuse.
  11. yostyexplorer94

Explorer SAS Questions

The heims could have some slop. I would get an alignment and have the caster angle checked.
  12. yostyexplorer94

Gas Tank Rusted Fuel Pump Locking Tabs and Ring

I tried to make a ring out of stainless and burnt up my hole saw. Stainless is hard to cut and drill. The holes on the stainless were not at the right spots so I started over with mild steel. Homemade hole attachment for plasma cutter. Drilled holes in the correct locations Ring with...
  13. yostyexplorer94

Gas Tank Rusted Fuel Pump Locking Tabs and Ring

Gas tank locking tabs are rotted out on first gen tank. I wanted to try to remedy this without purchasing a used tank, since new replacements have been discontinued for some time now. I have an astro rivet nut riveter. Astro Riveter I bought some rivet nuts from grainger that are closed ended...
  14. yostyexplorer94

First car/4x4 build

Your picture link is not working
  15. yostyexplorer94

5 lug or 8 lug decision

If your tire size plans are 37" or smaller, then my vote is 5 lug.
  16. yostyexplorer94

Basically every time there is a call for snow I drive it. Unfortunately it sees too much salt but it is amazing to drive in the snow.
  17. yostyexplorer94

I moved my cooler mount to the center which allows room for more organizations. Here is my front leaf spring mount. I parted out a 1996 explorer to get frame parts for mine. On the left is a crossmember bracket that holds the gas tank strap. The 1996 bracket on the right. It was like...
  18. yostyexplorer94

This crossmember was rotted out. Decided to build a new one to replace it and tie in the cage. New crossmember installed and made a new hanger mount for exhaust. The hanger is way better than what I had on there before. Floor was rotted and sagged down due to hauling the 37" spare all the...
  19. yostyexplorer94

I got tired of the kiddie pool fender flares so it was time for a change. Cut and fold Welding it up Test fitting Waiting for paint. I still will have to run a flare of some sort. I upgraded from kiddie pool to garden edging flares.
  20. yostyexplorer94

Major Power Issues

Here is the schematic on the heater system If I understand correctly you are not able to get it running and it is like the battery is disconnected. First figure out what has power (headlights, check engine like displayed when key is on, power windows, etc) If nothing at all works then it...
Back