Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

06 Mountaineer power locks issue

Check to see if the power lock button located in the rear of the vehicle, on the left side near the tailgate, is stuck in the locked position. I have had this happen to me on two different occasions.
  2. 2

2010 Sirius Travel Link Navigation

Do you care to elaborate as to why it would not?
  3. 2

2010 Sirius Travel Link Navigation

To the Ford Techs; Is it possible to install a 2010 Navigation system in a 2006 Moutaineer that currenyly has the Ford Navigation and have it work? Thank you in advance for your responses.
  4. 2

Braking issues.

Your right front brake caliper may be hanging up causing the pull to the right.
  5. 2

3rd row electric seat back won't elevate.

This appears to be a common problem with the left side seat. I just spoke to my L/M dealer and they quoted me $250 for the replacement part. I have not seen anyone complain about the right side 3rd row seat motor breaking.
  6. 2

Power Folding Rear Seat

Has anyone had any problems with their power 3rd row seat? My left seat began to rise about an inch and then quit. It won't go up or down now, have any of the members here experienced this, and what was the cure? Thanks in advance.
  7. 2

Tire Question

I know, I just cannot make Costco understand that.
  8. 2

Tire Question

The problem that I have is that the Mountaineer Premier and the Explorer Limited are identical vehicles except for sheet metal changes. I checked on this with my dealer they have the same suspension parts across the board. My thought is that Mercury put the "H" speed rated tires to give an...
  9. 2

Tire Question

From what I understand, if my vehicle was a 2006 Explorer Limited then it would have come from the factory with "T" rated BFGs. Why in the world did Mercury put "H" rated tires on. I am certainly not going to drive 112 MPH anywhere with this car.
  10. 2

Tire Question

:us:I went to Costco today to get information on installing four Michelin LTX A/T2 tires, P245/65R 17, on my 2006 Mountaineer Premier and they won't do it. The reason was because the BF Goodrichs that came from the factory are "H" speed rated and the Michelin's are "S" speed rated. I know...
  11. 2

Running Board Problem

I had the exact same problem with mine. The mechanism which moved the running boards inward or outward became corroded. Both complete running board assemblies were replaced and I found out that Ford is no longer paying for new assemblies. The Tech has to take it apart and only replace the the...
  12. 2

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

After one day I have to say that I am very happy with the new flash 08-24-4. The tip-in/hesitation is gone,and maybe because I was use to hesitation I am not sure, but it seems as though the Mountaineer now has more power from a dead stop. I will keep all posted how the flash holds up over time...
  13. 2

Dealer called and said the Mountaineer is ready. We'll see how the tranny shifts now. Hopefully the 08-24-4 update will do the trick, I'll keep you posted
  14. 2

It's In the Shop Took the Mountaineer in this morning for an oil change and TSB 08-24-04.
  15. 2

I did my last update about a year and a half ago and until just recently the flash worked. I no longer have the bump stop, but I have noticed that the tranny feels like it is slipping taking off from a dead stop. I am going to take the Mountaineer in next week and have them flash TSB 08-24-04...
  16. 2

Mountaineer No More?

I have heard rumor that after the 2009 model year the Mercury Mountaineer will be discontinued. Has anyone else heard this?
  17. 2

17-18-20 inch Wheels

I have a 2006 Mountaineer with the standard 17" wheels. If I am able to get a set of the 18's or the new 20's, can I put them onto my '06 with the aid of a computer reprogram? Thanks in advance.:us:
  18. 2

2008 Navigation

Does anyone know if the 2008 "Real-Time" Navigation system will work on a 2006 Mountaineer with Navigation?
  19. 2

Stein, which dealer are you taking your Explorer to?
  20. 2

2006 Mountaineer Runnig Board Corrosion

I have the automatic retractible running boards on my 2006 Mountaineer. As of this weekend they have quit working due to massive corrosion on the moving parts of the running boards. I attribute this to the harsh winter that we just experienced in Illinois, but I did keep the vehicle washed...
  21. 2

Wise Guy, what dealer did you have your update performed at? My dealer doesn't have a clue about how to fix the trans. Thanks in advance.:us:
  22. 2

Is your trans still shifting the way it is supposed to? I had mine updated on the 6th of this month and yesterday the symptoms began again. If yours is still ok I'm going to take a ride up to Buss and have them reprogram the tranny. If it is still shifting the way it is supposed to do you know...
  23. 2

I had the latest update performed last Thursday (12/6), and I also have to say that the transmission has never shifted this well. I only hope that this update will take hold and I won't be back at the dealership in a few thousand miles to have yet another update performed, only time will tell...
  24. 2

Dyno Question

Does anyone know if there are dyno's made to accomodate an all wheel drive vehicle. I have a 2006 Mountaineer V8 AWD and want to get it tuned so it runs a little healthier. I also live in the N.W.Burbs of Chicago, between Chicago and Rockford just off of I-90. Thanks in advance for any help. Tim
  25. 2

Which Dealer performed your update?
Back