Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Strange Noise from Underneath?

yesterday i was driving down a highway on my way to a party doing 80mph and my lower intake manifold gasket blew. could the noise my ex was making because of the intake manifold gasket? because now i'm debating if i should get it fix or just drive my probe for the winter because it way more...
  2. D

Strange Noise from Underneath?

i started driving my 95 explorer again after having it sit for 3 months. but a few days ago i noticed it's making a noise that sounds kinda like metal vibrating. it sounds like it's coming from underneath the car and it's more noticeable while in drive. does anyone know what it might be?
  3. D

front hub install issues

the abs plug seems good and tight but the light is still on and the abs doesn't work. taking the dust cover off won't cause any problems in the future?
  4. D

front hub install issues

i had a friend install a new front wheel bearing. the noise that old one was making went away, but now it sound like tin is rubbing against something. and the abs light is also on.
  5. D

some problems, need help

i noticed a few days ago that my 95 xlt is make a weird noise kinda like something rubbing. i heard when i start to slow down it sound like it coming from the driver side front tire. doed anybody know what it could be or what to check to see if i can find a problem? and it also seems to be...
  6. D

Uh oh TPS Mod

use a sewing needle next time, don't use the multimeter probes
  7. D

Online Service Manual

try this one: http://search.ebscohost.com/Login.aspx?lp=login.asp&ref=&authtype=ip,uid User ID: rrcc Password: rebsco
  8. D

Towing with '96 Explorer 4.0L ???

if i was planning to tow anything in my explorer i would get a tranny cooler.
  9. D

windshield washer fluid problem

my windshield washer fluid is full, but every time i push the button in to spray nothing happens most of the time. it will spray out washer fluid but usually not on the first try or second or thrid etc. does anyone know what might be causing this?
  10. D

hey all, new here, need help w/ headlights

there's a kit you can buy. but all it is 1000,1500,2000,2500grit sandpaper some polish a cloth and some rubber gloves
  11. D

-Your Explorer-

1) 1995 xlt 4wd 4.0 V6 2) $4995 cdn 3) 155,000kms 4) 161,000kms
  12. D

Pic Request: 95-97 after market tail lights

i really don't like the yellow on my tail lights. and i can't find any altezza that i think will flow with my explorer. right now i'm liking the white, red, white tails. but i would like to see some pics of different tail light to see if it would change my mind.
  13. D

What size rims will fit i'm looking for some rims for my 95xlt. i know the bolt pattern is 5x114.3 but thats all i know. i'm looking for maybe 20's but i wanna know what will fit?
  14. D

Hi, i recently picked up a explorer 95 xlt as a daily driver. i used to drive a 93 probe gt as a summer car and a 89 probe lx as my winter car. but i got into a bit of a accident in my 93gt and the car was written off and my 89lx, as reliable as it was i think it would be better if i parted it out.
Back