Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

The thread started peeling small fine hunks of it's rubber at 15,000km (at least that's when i noticed it) The dealer got Ford's permission to give me new tires of my choice, since they've seen this happening before my complaint. Super glad i got rid of them.
  2. P

What tire pressure are you running?

always what Ford recommends. 35 in this case, which reminds me to check them, since the garbage factory Hankooks started falling apart at 12k and have brand new Firestone destination's now.
  3. P

Hi Peter, That might be so, but in the end Ford did replace them. Maybe because i had winter tires on it from Oct till march and the Hankooks have about half that mileage on it. Not sure, but i do know my dealer argued well on my behalf. I intend on calling Fords 1-800 # and i'll let them know...
  4. P

Wifes 2017 with 18000 km (12000 m) started peeling just like this with only 6/32 left. Ford paid for 4 Firestones (my choice). Glad to get rid of those junk Hancook's. Matter of fact i wont accept any more new vehicles with Hankook's on them. Either Ford or the dealer will have to replace them...
  5. P

Police Interceptor Wheels & Sport

Thanks Peter. I was quoted prices slightly above dealer cost. Rims are 100 each (police rims) center hub caps 30/each nuts are 5.25 each (double of 2014 prices) sensors? no price yet plus Bridgestone Blizzak DM V2 on order I expect those Police rims to stand up better to the elements than the...
  6. P

Police Interceptor Wheels & Sport

I ordered the wheels so far. What did the package cost you? do you have a itemized bill
  7. P

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Although i'm not a fan of Hankook tires and would never buy myself, i have no complaints about them on the wifes 2017 Plat, but wish ford would give me premium tires on a premium trim level vehicle. I also got Hankooks on my 2018 F150 Plat, which are noticeably nosier than the ones on the EX...
  8. P

2017 XLT 3.5L. Travel Trailer Recommendation?

Cant help you with picking a trailer, but here's the 2017 EX Tow Guide http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/towingguides/17RV&TT_Ford_Explorer_Sep7.pdf
  9. P

Brand new 17 Explorer shakes so bad makes us sick,

Right, I should have said "It's been years since i seen Michelins on the highest priced Fords/Lincolns" I usually buy the Limited's and Platinums and dont even look at any other levels. They have 85,000$ Lincolns on the lot with Hankook rubber on them on the lot right now, and the 2018 F150...
  10. P

Brand new 17 Explorer shakes so bad makes us sick,

It's been years since i seen Michelins on even the highest priced Fords/Lincolns. You'd think the bean counters would save money at places other then the Tires but it seems as long as they shareholders are happy, all is well. Considering the prices on vehicles, getting close to 100.000 in...
  11. P

Major drop in fuel economy recently

If it hasn't been done already, I'd be checking the brakes. Especially the calipers/sliders. If they start dragging it will put a beating on the MPG in a hurry.
  12. P

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / DIY Pics

OEM front and back. A must have if you live on a gravel road.
  13. P

OASIS Report Question

All work done to any of Ford/Lincoln product at any Ford dealer shows up in OASIS. TSB's for your VIN also show.
  14. P

Pedal Placement

That's what i noticed the first time i drove the Explorer. Pivoting my foot from gas to brake makes me hit the arm and the pedal and had to adjust them all the way towards the firewall which is a little better but i still catch the arm at times.
  15. P

Explorer hood vibrates

Good to know that ours isn't the only one. As i said before, this is the very first Ford/Lincoln that stays on. Mentioned it to the service advisor and he wasn't sure if it's normal or not. Looked it up and told us it should not be on when restarting the vehicle. Hope he's correct.
  16. P

Explorer hood vibrates

Our hood is flexing too. Guess we'll have it looked at next time in the shop since we already have a appointment regarding the heated/cooled seats and the heated steering wheel which do not reset after a ignition cycle and stay on for the next time we start up. No other ford we had in the past...
  17. P

Just Ordered my 2017 Explorer Limited

Yes, i've seen it in vehiclevisibility as well.. Do you see a new ETA now?
  18. P

Major drop in fuel economy recently

Seizing calipers will show up if one keeps an eye on the MPG, which i did on my truck. Ford recommends brakes to be checked and sliders cleaned/lubed yearly. As far as the EX goes, since it's my wifes vehicle and i dont drive it much, all i know is that the tank size could be larger....
  19. P

no, it's just another location for the convoy company (Cassens Transport, in my case) to assemble loads and when they have a truck load to any given location, it gets shipped. Mine ended up at the Chrysler plant yard in Detroit, where they haul vehicles out of as well for the 3 days.
  20. P

No. Cotus is better then nothing i suppose but shows only part of what's going on. The vehicle visibility site dealers have is much better and shows everything. I used to have access to it when i still worked for ford, but i'm retired now
  21. P

Ordered on FEB 13 In order processing-Unscheduled-clean on March 15 Scheduled for March 30 (on March 16) Produced on March 31 Awaiting shipment-released on April 3 Shipped to another location on April 4 Shipped to dealer- delivered on April 7 6 1/2 weeks total As you can see, once it was...
  22. P

Except for our Mustang GT, which is Black and gets driven only on sunny days, both our new Explorer and my F-150 are Silver for one reason only, and that is because Silver hides the dirt/dust better then any other color and regular washing is a waste of time living down a dirt road. The back end...
  23. P

Driver's seat

You have every right to be picky! Document the damage and take pics for your own record.
  24. P

Center Bezel cracked

It does, and nobody gives a hoot about our time and gas wasted on dealer visits for warranty repairs that shouldn't happen in the first place and are not expected on new/er vehicles. Many brush it away with " it's covered under warranty", but that's not the point. Point is, that a new vehicle...
  25. P

Vehicle Health Report

I get the same message Jeff. Could be because mine is brand new and has a clean sled, with no maintenance data entered yet, not even it's first oil change. I'm not concerned about it since everything is documented by my dealer. My main reason for signing up is for the Sync updates, which i just...
Back