Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Replacement Headlamp assemblies

i'm looking for these as well, thanks for the info! also, are these hard to replace by yourself? i was going to bring it into a shop and have them do it for me. how about the WHOLE assembly including the corners? replacing the whole bessel, is it hard? thanks in advance
  2. K

Transmission Fluid change?

Moonpie what did you decide to do? See, i'm kinda in the same spot, 95-XLT 122k miles, and for the life of me, can't remember if the tranny fluid ever got changed. it's doing fine, no problems, called local firestone, they say they won't work on any car over 65k because of the possibility...
  3. K

Clean/Replace Headlight Assembly HELP!

ARGH, so, i did some searches but to no avial. Here's my problem. One of my headlight headlamps is turning that yellow/murky/milky color and it's pissing me off. Instead of cleaning it, which i read many posts about, i would like to replace the darn thing with a new assembly. however, i...
  4. K

ATTN 95X owners PL/F/L I DID IT!!!

rydinhigh let me get this straight.. you can turn your fog lights on and off while you have the parking lights on.. using the button inside the car (factory fog switch)? Just like what you can do when you have low beams on? What happens when the high beams come on? reason being, i spent...
  5. K

Fog Lights w/ Parking Driving me Nuts HELP!

well, for safety inspection, your low beams, high beams and fog lights have to be independent of each other. as i understand it, the newer explorers, 99+ can have the parking lights and fog lights on at the same time. BUT, they are able to turn off the fog lights while the parking lights are...
  6. K

i actually did get the parking lights and fog lights to turn on together. but just to let you know, you'll fail a safety inspection if you do leave them like that. it's too much trouble to go rewiring and soldering the whole time, so i turned it back to stock. i wanted the fog lights to...
  7. K

dynomax exhaust

hey guys, just incase you're interested, i might be able to get you dynomax turbo mufflers (just the muffler, no kits) for whatever model you want for about $70-$75 not including shipping. email me at kaboom@engineer.com and we'll figure something out
  8. K

I broke something!! HELP w/ lights

ok, here's an update: i finally got a switch from FORD ($24), can't believe that price on an item like that. anyway, took the dash apart and removed the backing from the switch. plugged the new switch in before i rip out the old one. tried the fogs again and it STILL DOESN'T WORK...
  9. K

sensatracs tomorrow

well, the other day i put two sensatracks on the front of a 95. it's much stiffer than the stock.. they haven't been replaced for 90k miles. it's much stiffer, doesn't sway as much when turning and is generally smoother. but that's comparing them to stock. i haven't gotten a chance to...
  10. K

Gray Floor Mats with"Explorer" on them?

i put 2000 or 2001 rubber grey EXPLORER mats in my 95 4-dr. I bought it with all 4 pads and they fit fine, might be a slight bigger but it's not a problem. looks really nice too, the carpet ones look sweet as well.
  11. K

bill kemp, yeah i checked the fuse and it's looks good, don't think it's blown. however, the wiring is back to normal (soldering after messing around with it) but the fog light switch doesn't light up anymore or the fog lights. but the relay clicks... does that mean the relay is good or...
  12. K

98FordX24, Ok, you got me confused. I tried several different things when rewiring. When testing i used all the wires BEFORE they went into the relay. I tried tying these off to each other (i.e. 12V, headlight, fog swtich...etc) with no luck. After it got dark and cold out, I soldered...
  13. K

Ok, I was trying to rewire the lights in my 1995 XLT today and something happened. I found the power distribution box under the hood and went about cutting and rewiring the wires so i can turn the fog lights on whenever i want. I must have ground something wrong or passed a wrong wire to...
  14. K

Ok, here's my problem. I got a copy of the schematics of the wiring diagram for the exterior lighting of the Explorer. I want to wire my lights so when the parking lights are on, my fogs can be on as well. So, after finding the power management box (under the air box) i see three relays...
  15. K

'01 ST with Rear View Camera/DVD/TV/ and more to come!

Bigmellon, Thats an awesome setup you have going there. I did something similar a few months ago and finally took some pictures which again is behind on where I actually am. My LCD Touchscreen is located below the temp guage instead. I found this easier to look at and touch while...
  16. K

pics - Before & After Euro Antenna

yeah, i like the antenna as well, here's a shot off my 95 Dead Link Removed
  17. K

Installing 2 single DIN head units instead of factory mach?

brianboru, yeah, it's a DVD-ROM drive, used to play cdr, cdr-w and DVD's when on the road. i have a display mounted in the car. i don't have any updated pictures yet, but here's an idea for now. i'll get some pictures clicked off shortly. here's a picture of it in the car (dvd drive...
  18. K

Installing 2 single DIN head units instead of factory mach?

brianboru, i know this isn't exactlly what you're looking for, but just to give you an idea of how you can squeeze more into the space, i did a DVD player and single din unit. I also made the custom mounting kit a smoke-black piece to match the interior. this picture is a little dated...
  19. K

how to fix my back bumper

thats funny, i just had my bumper fixed the other day because it was sinking down. Apparently my sister ran into something backing my X up. and it pulled the brackets in and made it sink about 3-4 inches. I brought it to a body shop where it took them 1hr to fix it and it's back to normal...
  20. K

95 explorer PA

I'm also a student at PSU (going on 5yrs). I'm running a street X and don't really do much trails (unless there is a ton of snow, then thats fun stuff). But there are plenty of places to go around there. If they have paintball fields and deer pens, there will be trails inbetween them. My...
  21. K

Dual exhaust, waste of $$?

I have a 95 XLT, and want the dual exhaust look. However, i have the stock system in there already, single inlet, single outlet with the 2 inch pipe going out the rear of the X. I talked to the muffler place and they are willing to hook me up and run a Y connector after the single outlet and...
  22. K

Is this a waste? Dual Exhaust Q

I have a 95 XLT, and want the dual exhaust look. However, i have the stock system in there already, single inlet, single outlet with the 2 inch pipe going out the rear of the X. I talked to the muffler place and they are willing to hook me up and run a Y connector after the single outlet and...
  23. K

Xenon Blue Superwhites HIDs and POLICE

keyparts@interbaun.com dude name is Gene He's from Canada, I just got them this past weekend. I haven't had a chance to put them in, will try today. Very good with emails, recommended.
  24. K

upgrading speakers...

Quakecom, 1. You don't need an aftermarket amp or HU to power new speakers. You CAN'T however, bypass the factory amp from the factory HU to power the aftermarket speakers. Something dealing with how Ford set up the original stereo. 2. Impedances I wouldn't worry much about. That comes...
  25. K

Xenon Blue Superwhites HIDs and POLICE

welp, after all your recommendations and stories, i decided to go with the PIAA 9007 superwhites! I found a great person to deal with, got them for $49.95 + $4 shipping for a total of $53.95 brand new. Can't wait to put them in!:D
Back