Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Bam! Bam!

What would my options be for new coil springs? Factory or aftermarket? I wouldn't mind a little extra heigt but not too much as I just put new tires on and don't want them to be too wimpy looking ;) Also what is involved with rearching? Any ideas on costs and time associated with these...
  2. O

Bam! Bam!

Thanks for the replies. Let's see - the new tires are set at 35psi as per the 'cold' temp recommendation on the tire (they were obviously cold when newly installed today). The shocks are Rancho 5185 and 5019 (4 Wheel Parts Wholesaler's numbers) so I am guessing that they are the RS5000...
  3. O

Bam! Bam!

Hello all- I have a '94 4x4 XLT that feels like I am riding on steel wheels with no suspension. I hear and feel every bump in the road and dread hitting pot holes, speed bumps or other road anomolies. That said I do have a fairly new set of Ranchos (don't recall the part #) and just today...
  4. O

Dallas Tire Shop?

I have decided that I am going to replace the tires on my '94 4x4 and want to know who has the better selection and "deals" in Dallas. I am currently running Michelin 30" 9.5 R15's (IIRC) on my X and might want to go to 31". TIA--
  5. O

Rough Ride

I had the 9000 series on my Suburban (I think that was the kind you could adjust from inside the vehicle). My X has the Rancho 5000 series shocks. The ride seems worse since installing the shocks TTYTT... although I shouldn't biotch too much as it has been over a year now...
  6. O

Rough Ride

I realize that it's a truck - I think you missed the point. I had the truck for a few years BEFORE the ride went bad. I know how my X rode before. This is rough by any and all truck standards. The tires are as they are supposed to be. The ride before I swapped shocks was just fine. My X...
  7. O

Rough Ride

Thanks for the reply Tim. My wife is out and about in my Explorer so I don't have it here to check. I do know that the tires and the air pressure are the same as they were when it was riding great. All of a sudden, the ride went to pot and that's when I replaced the shocks. One thing...
  8. O

Rough Ride

Hello all-- I have a 1994 XLT with about 104K on the clock. About a year ago I went to an off-road shop here in Dallas because the ride had become rough over the past few weeks. They set me up with a new set of Rancho's (can't remember which model) and added new Rancho bushings, repacked my...
Back