Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. m4dc0w

Strange 4x4 problem

I thought it might be the control module. Just something about the switch engagin the 4x4 intiially made me think otherwise. Some testing I have done so far. -4x4 Auto works fine -4x4 Hi lights, but when gas is pushed it foes out -4x4 Lo lights, but when accerated, it goes out, but...
  2. m4dc0w

Strange 4x4 problem

Here's a problem that I am encountering on my 2002 XLT. My 4x4 lo & hi engage properly, Indicator lights work fine. Problem is, as soon as I hit the accelerator it turns off the 4x4. Even in park. Has anyone come accross this issue? Ken
  3. m4dc0w

o/d light flashes

finally had time to look at wiring harness, looks fine. What next? Ken
  4. m4dc0w

Front end rattle

I noticed on my 2002 XLT I am getting a slight rattle & sound when breaking at slow speed. Is this a break or hub issue? anyone have advice what to look for? Ken
  5. m4dc0w

4x4 not working after center bezel removal

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I got it working again, checked all the wiring, tested the switch, unplugged the module. Being the dumbass I was, I forgot the most simple thing. Reset the computer by removing the ground. After that everything reset. Ken
  6. m4dc0w

This is my other X, a 2002 XLT. My 97 has less problems. Ken
  7. m4dc0w

Fully seated, and all wires look good. No kinks. I can't see the module going bad from the bezel removed. Just weird, like there is an "open" connection, no HI or LOW 4wd lights on cluster. SO I was thinking of shorting pins to make a connection, and see if it was the switch, but no...
  8. m4dc0w

I just recently noticed that the 4x4 buttons don't activaterr the 4x4 anymore after I removed the center column bezel. I am thinking it may be a stretched wire or the switch. Anyone have any suggestions, or any way top test the switches? Ken
  9. m4dc0w

Need advice painting with rattle can

Ok, thaks for all the help. I'll give it a try on the weekend. Ken
  10. m4dc0w

How long did you allow between coats to allow for drying? Ken
  11. m4dc0w

I am prepping the rear trim on the liftgate glass on my 2002xlt. I need a little advice on rattle can painting on the plastic trim. The color code (tx), mineral grey is to be applied. I am prepping for 2 coats of color, and 1 clear coat. My dilemma is, should I sand between coats...
  12. m4dc0w

Rear wiper motor replacement help

Has anyone replaced the rear wiper motor on a Gen3? Being a dumbass, while replacing the liftgate struts, I manage to break the glass. After getting a replacement, I have all the other parts back on but the wiper motor. My dilemma is, I managed to get the wiper off with the bolt, but...
  13. m4dc0w

02 Explorer Rear Lift Glass Latch/Wiper Mount

I just recently broke my liftgate glass also, got a replacement from a wrecker. Notice the old trim was held on by 3 strips Of a black adhesive and something that resembelled hot glue. Any safe way to remove the trim without damaging it? Ken
  14. m4dc0w

Help with DRL Module in 2002 XLT

I got lucky, found one at a wrecker. Charged me nothing for it.
  15. m4dc0w

Help with DRL Module in 2002 XLT

I have recently purchased a 2002 XLT, but am troubleshooting the DRL. Under Canadian law this model should have DRL, but I get none. I have checked the fuses & relays in the distribution box, and under the dash with no problems found. Swapped out the fuses & relays. Anyone know the...
  16. m4dc0w

Tire question for our Canadian friends

KAL Tire Nokian Vativas Had them on my 97X for years and show minimal wear. Full roadside on them too, were arebout $175ea -Ken
  17. m4dc0w

Took the step, bought the 2002 XLT, need advise

I had to actually use 1" spaces in it to avoid hitting the upper control arms. From my research right now, due to the fact I have only 1 key, I'm gonna need a ford dealership or locksmith to make a second before I can make more. That kinda sucks. I won't need a second key FOB yet, since...
  18. m4dc0w

Took the plunge, got a great price on the X. Is the 2002 key chipped? as there is only one supplied.
  19. m4dc0w

I am finally looking into updating my X, looking at a few. One that I have my eye on is a 2002 XLT (1fmzu73e02za18245) Looks good, no codes, a bit higher milage than I like (280000km) The only issue with it is a noisy clutch in the limited slip diff. what do you guys/gals think? Ken
  20. m4dc0w

o/d light flashes

Internal wiring harnes? Location? Ken
  21. m4dc0w

o/d light flashes

after a recent highway run, we noticed the o/d light flashing. Then the CEL came on. Since I remembered I had my programer in the truck, I decided to pull the codes, and reset them. This is what I got: P0732 Gear 2 Incorrect ratio P0735 Gear 5 Incorrect ratio P0741 Torque Converter...
  22. m4dc0w

1st Post: Door Unlock Wire Problem

I had the exact same problem in my 97X, its the green/pink wire streached in the black drum at the door hinge. Open it up, and I bet you'll find a broken wire. Ken
  23. m4dc0w

light bar question

http://www.carr.com/store/carrdeluxe.asp
  24. m4dc0w

New Member!

Welcome... Hopefully some of us should be able to help you with some issues, shouldn't it be under warranty still? Blueka: you in LLoyde yet? Would be nice hooking up since its only 3 hours away.
  25. m4dc0w

vvme hid kits.

I had a similar problem with vme products, my DS flickered, after a month it went dead. They replaced the ballast, not a problem since. Been 3 months without a single glitch. Hope it's as simple for you.
Back