Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Alboy79's 1 ton '98 Sport

Ya definitely intentional. Wanted more wheelbase with the 40" tires. Was Shooting for 110" ish. Happy with 108". I got another inch I can get from the front yet if I want it.
  2. A

Front to back? Its stretched 3" in the back and in the front. Total wheelbase is 108". Fenders will be trimmed when tires get mounted.
  3. A

Couple more pictures. Rolled it outside The hoop gussets and track bar mount The shock hoop connecting bar. Still need to cut it out and add some flanges so it Is removable. And the frame side radius arm mount, plated the frame side, might add a connecting brace...
  4. A

Look Ma no jackstands.... To do: Driveshafts, steering, finish weld. Then onto bumpers and sliders.
  5. A

thanks. I see you live in Cape Coral.... My sister in law lives down there.
  6. A

Cut up the track bar brackets to fit the frame and made a track bar, then tacked em all on, might move it all a litte yet Then put the jonny joints in and centered and squared the axle and mounted the frame side hangers, just tacked for now. Almost a roller.... Gonna charge...
  7. A

I think i can make the 3 link work but I am gonna pull the plug. I don't have all the parts I need to do it and I already have radius arms so f it. Radius arms work great so I am fine with that. Now I am just waiting on parts, just a couple heims joints and trackbar stuff. Hope to make some...
  8. A

:thumbsup:
  9. A

Got some work done today. Started out by tearing all the parts out in the engine bay that would be in the way of the shock hoops. Then bent some shock hoops After that cut some plates out to reinforce the frame where we are going to mount the hoops. Then drill a couple holes in them to...
  10. A

I have the ability to run a three link instead of the radius arms, if I run the upper link on the passenger side. Anyone see a reason that can't be done? I'm new to link arms, everything over had has been radius armed.
  11. A

As of today, the shock hoops are bent, the engine bay is cleared of all unnecessary bs, the rest of the fender flares are off, the front axles under it getting lined up, and bumper material and slider material have been acquired. I also traded the 8.8 rear axle(that had 4.10s) to a jeep guy for...
  12. A

What we have here is a 98 Explorer Sport, 4.0l, automatic, 4x4. What we are doing is a fully built narrowed(5") Dana 60, trussed, 5.38 gears, chromo custom inner shafts, spicers 35 spine outer, drive flanges, and a cab&chassis 14 bolt in the rear. Both with ruffstuff diff covers and lockers. We...
  13. A

MyNameIsAric's 98 FULL width SAS

Looks good. When's it hit the trails?
  14. A

Question about a new project.

It's what I will do when my body gets trashed. Simplicity is key in my mind. I don't have to have a one off buggy, I need a buggy that works. I seen a thread or two on pirate of the chasis on an early bronco, but never a bII. Got any links? If I'm not mistaken the ftoy chasis is less than...
  15. A

My old mans 95 sport full width SAS

Special thanks to CHEAPTHRILLB2 on the ranger station, greatlakes4x4, pirate, and every other website. He did all the work for my old man. From start to finish was just over three weeks. Fantastic work. I copied a build thread from elsewhere and pasted it here in condensed form.
  16. A

My old mans 95 sport full width SAS

He used to have a 79 f150 truggy. Now he wants something more dd friendly and reliable. Run down on this build..... 1995 Explorer sport 4.0L m5ord and 1354 78/9 D44 5.13's Aussie, old school yukons (the good ones) with yukon super joints 9" with 5.13 and spool 38.5x14.5x15 TSL's on...
  17. A

That'd be great if you still have it. Thanks.
  18. A

What pump did you go with for your hydro steering? I have a 98 with similar mods and will be doing full hydro next. I read back but you never mentioned what pump and any changes needed to make it work. Thanks.
  19. A

Full Hydro

Anyone running full hydro with a stock 4.0? If so what pump are ya using? I've got a 98 with the sohc 4.0 Psc was less then helpful when I called to ask what they recommend. I've got the Ram, and the Orbital. But I'm getting no where on the pump. Thanks in advance for the help.
  20. A

My 2nd gen ex SAS

PS... what's your total wheelbase? The rear went back 5" how far forward did the front go? Please don't make me read it again.
  21. A

My 2nd gen ex SAS

This thread SUX!:salute:
  22. A

anyone from southwest michigan

I'm from grand rapids.
Back