Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

1998 Ford Explorer 4x4

Well yesterday I did get a call back from the dealership. The parts manager advised me that he did find out that a 98 and 99 4x4 5R55E explorer transmissions have identical part numbers.
  2. K

1998 Ford Explorer 4x4

But since you had an extra hole in the 98, if I was to use a 97 tranny I would be 1 hole short. I got an $800 price tag for a used tranny twice. I did find one that is $400, but it has 124,000 miles on it. But I called 23 places, I only found 3 places that could get one. This is what I keep...
  3. K

1998 Ford Explorer 4x4

I have one with no tranny, it originally had the 4x4 5R55E. I need to find a replacement but I do not know what else I can get the tranny from. I was told (by the dealership) I can only get it from a 1998 4x4 Explorer with the 5R55E and a 4.0 OHV engine. I was also told (by a transmission...
  4. K

Transmission, Transfer Case, and Rear specs

I have compiled a list of info as a reference so you can see the Different transmissions and their gear ratios What they came in, as well as years Transfer cases A list of door codes for the rear axle to find out your gear set and see whether it is a conventional open differential or a...
  5. K

Solved Transmission and Transfer Case Specs by year

Can you send me the site where it says that the ratio is 2.72:1? I'll see if I can find out the correct ratio.
  6. K

I have not physically checked this..... Here is where I got that info http://therangerstation.com/tech_library/TransferCases.html
  7. K

Yes it is, you have the M50d R2 Yes, you are correct.
  8. K

I got this info from TRS and other RBV owners
  9. K

Transmission and transfer Case specs and useage. Here are the specs up of the transmissions lengths, tranny gears, axle codes, transfer case gears, etc.... Trans.............. Years...... Code... 1st.... 2nd.... 3rd.... 4th.... 5th..... Length C3................ 1983-1984.... V ...
  10. K

5R55E specs

Just wondering if anyone knows the length of the 4x4 5R55E..... Glacier991, were you able to obtain that info?
  11. K

What Stock Gear Ratio?

3.73 Limited Slip in my 1986 4x4 Ranger STX 4.10 Limited Slip in my 1987 4x4 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Edition
  12. K

4.0/5R55E into 1st Generation Ranger?

The 2wd 5R55E transmission will not work in my 4x4 ranger unless I rebuild it with the 4x4 output shaft. Could I get the computer from a manual Ranger or Explorer with a 4.0 SOHC and put the A4Ld from a 92 to 94 Explorer?
  13. K

Will BW1350 or BW1354 mount to 5R55E?

Well there goes the idea of using that tranny!
  14. K

Yeah, I do not see any difference in the gearing. They are both chain driven, and the main reason the chain breaks is from lack of maintenance, not too much power. I'll keep the 1350... after all I already have it! I just hope the 5R55E mounts to the same holes as the old A4LD, or is at least...
  15. K

I found that my transfer case will bolt up to the tranny. I know that the motor fits right onto the 2.9 motor mounts. I know everything I am going to take from the explorer. However, I do not know if the tranny will bolt into the A4LD location... I still need the length. Hopefully it is the...
  16. K

Doesn't the 1354 have straps on the yoke or something like that? Isn't that the weak point of those transfer cases?
  17. K

Well thanks section525, that clears that up...... Does anyone know if the output shaft would have to be taken out? Or does anyone know how to find out? I know the hard way to find out, but is there an easier way? :D
  18. K

I want to hook it up to my manual BW1350 transfer case. Now if I end up getting a 2wd 5R55E, I will have to change the tailshaft to the 4x4 5R55E.... Correct?
  19. K

Will the 5R55E transmission bolt up to a Borg Warner 1350 or BW1354 transfer case? I was told..... "I believe your 1350 will bolt up fine. On the explorer board you here of guys dumping the control trac t-case for the 1354 manual. You should be fine for bolt up then." The guy who told...
  20. K

5R55E specs

I found out that the BW1350 manual transfer case will bolt up. Now I just need to get the length, and find out if it will mount to the stock A4LD mounts in the truck presently. (I have the early A4LD.)
  21. K

5R55E specs

I want to swap the whole wiring harness over to my truck. I do not care if my stock gauges wont work, I'll cross that road later, I could go aftermarket and custom dash, or maybe explorer gauges with a custom dash. If I can keep the OBII system that would be great.... If not, thats fine too. I...
  22. K

5R55E specs

Does any one know the specs? I mainly need the length. My 4x4 1986 Ranger has an A4LD, if I put the 5R55E in.... will it match up to the stock mounting holes and transfer case (BW1350)? I know the A4LD was replaced by the 4R44E (Stronger version of A4LD), then it was upgraded to the...
  23. K

I might be able to get a 4.0/5R55E transmission from a rolled 2wd 2001 Ford Explorer with less than 70,000. I would like to get this and put it in my 4x4 1986 Ranger with a fuel injected 2.9/A4LD (No A/C) and a BW 1350 transfer case.... What would I have to do to get it into the Ranger? I would...
  24. K

5R55E Transmission Differences

Yes it will work, just do not hook up the sensor that is extra, your computer will not register it.
  25. K

2.9 Rough Idle/Stall During Warm-Up

Could you post that? I do not need it at the moment but I know I will eventually!
Back