Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Highest / Lowest Mileage

2005 xlt 4.0 v6 99,950 - will roll over 100k tomorrow. The longest I've ever kept a car, thus, the most miles I've ever had on a car.
  2. D

Problem with driver's seat?

Ok - a while back (maybe 50k miles ago?) I got into the Ex and the back of the seat "popped." I thought about it at the time but it still holds me upright. Not sure what happened but now my back is killin me. I think it has something to do with whatever popped in the seat that day. What's in...
  3. D

Will this grill guard fit?

I doubt it will fit. probably fits 2nd gen and the guy he bought it from thought it would fit a Ranger, too, which it didn't.
  4. D

3rd generation Bumper registry

Well, I thought that was why there was a forum. For opinions, right? Plus, with the length of the thread, everyone on the forum has posted to this thread with the exception of me, so I just wanted to put something down for the record!
  5. D

3rd generation Bumper registry

at the risk of being flamed on this board, i have to say - to each their own. I admire the amount of work Donner's doing to his Ex & the custom fabrication and all, but I just don't know that I'm a fan. For all the work he's putting into it, I just don't think it looks all that great. Sorry, man.
  6. D

Tire suggestions?

I thought I had seen the Timberline AT II still available? Tough to find, though. I don't think they're on the Bridgestone website
  7. D

Tire suggestions?

Tires-easy.com seems to rape you on shipping!
  8. D

Tire suggestions?

yeah, those AT2s look just like BFGs. I was going to get them last year but before I was ready to pull the trigger, they jacked the price up.
  9. D

Tire suggestions?

I've got the Toyo Open Country ATs. They've worn OK - supposed to have a 50k warranty. I'll be lucky to get that. I've currently got 30 on them and I'm shopping. I don't think I'll need to purchase anytime soon but it's never too early to shop! Haven't really taken them offroad by any...
  10. D

maintenance tried - partial failure!

PM on the way. Thanks
  11. D

any help on the spark plug wire issue would be great before I dig into that tonight. on the fuel filter, i thought i had it. but then we didnt! there were a couple of other tools I didn't buy that looked like they may work better, but who knows. as said before, what was wrong with the...
  12. D

Hello all So this weekend I went down to my parents to work on the 05 X. The truck has 80K on it I figured it was probably about time for new plugs. I asked my dad what he thought about a fuel filter and he said probably so. SO we started with the fuel filter. I printed off the How To on...
  13. D

Unlock your Digital Odometer

i have the message center (I think) and I don't know how I got it to do it. it did it all the way to work one day. I thought some of of the info would be useful, also.
  14. D

4X4 vs 4X2 fuel mileage

I too get 15-17 around town - 2005 v6 4x4 XLT. Even with the 265/75/16s. I was getting more like 17-18 with the stock tires. I baby it though, to get the most out of it.
  15. D

What came stock, green or yellow coolant?

I went on a little road trip which is why i was asking. 100+ miles in 98 degree heat. I was just checking out the fluids on the EX before i left and noticed that I needed to add a little coolant. i ended up just putting in PEAK 50/50 premix that said it was compatitble with all types & it...
  16. D

What came stock, green or yellow coolant?

So if our explorers came stock with the yellow/orange type, what should we be using to top off the coolant level prior to the complete flush/change? Thanks
  17. D

4X4 vs 4X2 fuel mileage

Is this something I could do with my very elementary mechanical knowledge? I'd love to pick up the MPG also. How about a how to - even if it's VERY simple - humor me...
  18. D

Whats missing from my wheel?

in reference to the clear coat issue, I'd have a serious problem accepting the coating flaking/peeling off. This is at the bottom on the site listed on page one of the thread: The DC-1 Black features a gloss black and machined finish and has a tough layer of UV clear coat protection for...
  19. D

265/75R16 on stock wheels&suspension?

I like the look, however it DID drop my mileage significantly. About 2-3 mpg lost. I'm pretty religious about rotation but I'm still getting uneven wear on the inside of the tires inspite of an alignment. No problems with TPMS. I do get some rubbing on the plastic in the fender wells but it...
  20. D

Spark Plug Replacement

Isn't there a difference in how much fluid is actually changed in a drop vs flush? I'm probably going to be paying someone to do this so what should I tell them? I'm hoping my new plugs (along with the KKM filter that I just cleaned after a year) will yield at least a small increase in mpg.
  21. D

Spark Plug Replacement

I picked up some plugs the other day at autozone - got the motorcraft ones. So these aren't gapped for my truck and I'll have to gap them? Also, should I go ahead and pick up the wire set? I have a 2005 with about 72500 miles on it. I think I should be getting the tranny flushed pretty...
  22. D

How important is the TPMS system?

Hey guys I picked up some rims recently and the stock TPMS system wont' work on the rims - they have a "ridge" through the area where the system is and the sensors won't fit flush on the rims. I really beats me because I think the rims would look pretty good but at the same time, I'd really...
  23. D

Sanding Black Roof Racks?

what are they made out of? Seems like a product from Zep would work. check them out
  24. D

Shock, strut, coil over replace help...

an impact would probably come in handy, also...really helpful on the spring compressors.
  25. D

2004 V8 4.6l

it's under the sticky that says "Fuel Filter Replacement with Pics" at the top of this forum...Hope this helps here's the link to simplify for you: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198626
Back