Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

the shiftster

ok will this work on my 4405 contol track to go from 4 wheel to 4 wheel low. My shift motor is bad and want 4 wheel low. 4 wheel Hi works with no issues... Are the mounting wholes the same and are the gear locations the same on the 1354 and the 4405
  2. J

2001 4x4 going into 4wd on its own

This happened to me put the unit in HI, locked the tranfer case in hi did NOT install the shift motor back. still have 4 wheel auto and 4 wheel drive. but gave up 4 wheel LOW.
  3. J

Replacement Shock Bushings?

let me know if you find them, I have a set of edelbrocks that are about 4 yrs and the lower bushings are toast.
  4. J

fornt end parts

please delete double post sorry I tried to send this message eariler in the day had problems with the site and resent another thread. Please delete thanks
  5. J

front suspension rebuild

Front end parts h http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ball-Joint-TIE-ROD-END-Control-Arm-Ford-EXPLORER-95-01_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33580QQihZ013QQitemZ230233912465QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
  6. J

fornt end parts

Ok need some help, time to replace the front end supension Control arms, ball joints and tie rod ends, Found a site on ebay with a kit with control arms , ball joints in and outer tie rods for 157 dollars. has any body use this kit? will it last? I also priced all the parts at...
  7. J

front suspension rebuild

Ok need some help, time to replace the front end supension Control arms, ball joints and tie rod ends, Found a site on ebay with a kit with control arms , ball joints in and outer tie rods for 157 dollars. has any body use this kit? will it last? I also priced all the parts at Rockauto for...
  8. J

1000$. Junkyards lookin for an X

I have a 91 sport getting to get donated next week before new years. 4x4 5 spd lots of miles and rust. warn hubs and flow master. Trans was rebuilt great parts truck.
  9. J

Please Help!! 5-Speed Problem!

I had thame problem with my 91, The trans was toast. The trans needed to be rebuilt. sounds like you lost the cluster gears
  10. J

Manual conversion. 1st GEN

I have a 91 explorer 2dr sport 4x4 5 spd with locking hubs flowmaster exhust for sale that would make a great donnor truck. The Trans was rebuild about 30,000 miles ago. I do not have time to part it out, the truck is outside NYC. make me an offer.
  11. J

Just a little lift in the Rear?

ok maybe some body can help me I have a 97 ex 4 door. want to raise it a bout 1.5 to 2 inches. I know that I need to do a torsen-twist for the front, But what is better out back warrior shackles or an aal.
  12. J

Whining

hey while they where at it did you have them change the clutch also. you are already paying for labor.
  13. J

Whining

Had the same problem. One of the cluster gears had chip in it. I had to do a full rebuild.
  14. J

K & n AIR CHARGER

I was looking at k&N's aircharger for a 97 4.0. trying to get a little more bottom end. I found one on the net for 230 ? shipped. Is there anyhing better and or cheaper?
  15. J

91' A4LD big thud now no od... want 5spd

Where in ny are you from. I am from rockland county ny. I just replaced my 91 explorer with a 97. my 91 sport 5 spd ran when i took it off the road. The trans was rebuilt about 40 k ago. The truck has 195 k miles and still ran strong, has more power than my 97. has recent shocks ...
  16. J

adjust your TPS (another free hp mod)

when I connect to the black wire and the greenstriped wire i get like 4 volts. when it connect to green stripped and to ground I get .96 volts what the deal.
  17. J

just bought a Xtreme Sound disc changer

Here is a link for a company that sell adapters togo from stockHUu to aftermarket changers. I am looking to buy one so I can play my I-pod thru a stock HU http://www.logjamelectronics.com/interadptr.html
  18. J

shocks

I am looking for shock for my 91 sport. I was looking at the edlebrocks . they have 2 types. which one is best . I would asume the ones that cost more $ are better but just asking a question. Has any body tried the new ones
  19. J

shocks ?????

just trying to find out what shocks to order for my 91 explorer sport. Which shock should i get . I know it been asked so many times but? I was looking at the edlebrocks, TOKICO, bilsteins or the monro reflex. anybody know the best or cheapest place to get them. I know they all will work but...
Back