Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Engine missing/cruise control not working

I have a 1994 Ford Explorer V-6 that is missing. When its ideling you can hear it miss and it shutters a little when giving it the gas.Threw the gears it does not seem to bad until it hits overdrive. Then it really misses.The cruise control also stopped working around the time this started.I...
  2. E

Heater fan works and don't work

Thanks I'll replace it tomorrow Ed From South Jersey
  3. E

Heater fan works and don't work

I have a 1994 Explorer. The heater fan will work most of the time and when you need it the most the fan will not work on any speed.It always starts working but you never know when.Hunting season is coming and the last thing I need is to get back to the car freezing my but off and have not...
  4. E

wire snap in connector to alternator repair

I was replacing the alternator on my 2001 Escape(what a pain in the A--)and the snap in connector broke off the wiring harness.The replacement has three wires to splice in while there is only two wires in the harness.Has anyone done this before?Also how do you know which wire goes to which when...
  5. E

Removing front axles

The universal on one of the front axles has froze up.Is it a difficult job to pull these axles to replace the universals? Is there any written procedure ,like the one for cleaning auto locking hub,detailing the job? Thanks for any info Ed from South Jersey
  6. E

Universals front drive shaft.

Universals front drive shaft Thanks for the info guys.I'm going to buy the wrenches and tackle the job next week. Going to Maine snowmobling this week. Take Care Ed from South Jersey.
  7. E

Universals front drive shaft.

The hubs on my 1994 Explorer were not engaging. Thanks to this forum I used a posted procedure to take apart and clean the hubs.They are now working perfect. Once it went into four wheel drive I realized I had another problem. One of the front drive shaft universals is pretty froze up.What is...
  8. E

Occasional Starting problem

I'm sorry guys I was just reviewing this post and realized I never posted the cure for the problem. Along with the starting problem I started smelling gas back at the tank location. I dropped the tank and the two metal tubes coming out of the tank were rusted badly. One strung a leak. I...
  9. E

Occasional Starting problem

I have a 1994 Ford Explorer that I has had since new.I now use it for Hunting and Fishing.It has always ran great but just a couple of weeks ago I parked it after running approx 8 miles. Several minutes later I got back in the car and it would not start.It just kept turning over with no attempt...
  10. E

Introduce myself

Hi My name is Ed Hepburn and I live in Cologne NJ approx 8 miles west of Atlantic City. I am a retired law enforcement officer and now fool around taking old travel trailers to wholesalers mostly down South.I have three Fords being a 2001 F-250 7.3 liter diesal six speed manual,a2001 Ford...
Back