Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

How to: C4/D20 Swap in Progress

So this same swap should werk for my 99 ranger right? does the v8 and v6 c-4 have the same input spline count?
  2. 9

Tranny for my 99 4.0L

its looking like I'm going to find a c-5 over the winter (have a subaru for winter) but i also found a 5 speed from a 88 ranger 2.8 for cheap
  3. 9

Tranny for my 99 4.0L

thanks for the help. But what about on the manual side of things
  4. 9

Tranny for my 99 4.0L

found a c-4 with t-case, said it came out of a 2.8 v-6. so i'll need the c-5 bell and and a t/c from a??
  5. 9

Tranny for my 99 4.0L

can deal with the 3 speed as its an off-road rig. Plus I hate computer controlled crap. c-4's just seem to be alot easier to come by here. I can get one for like 100 bucks. so..... will the c-4 bolt to the 4.0? will it bolt to the 5r55e's bell or will I need to get a different one? Torque...
  6. 9

Tranny for my 99 4.0L

yeah thats my problem. I'm trying to get rid of it. Thinking of a c-4 swap. So I can use any 4wd c-4 as long as i have the v6 (2.8) bellhousing??
  7. 9

Tranny for my 99 4.0L

what tranny from what year(s) and motor(s) will fit my 99 4.0. Preferably manual. 2.8? 2.9? 3.0? what about a c-3? Sorry I'm new to the midsize crowd :(
  8. 9

A4LD - No Reverse [DIAL-UP WARNING]

mine doesnt have one and its the stock VB. I'm betting the low pressure burned up you clutches (like mine did)
  9. 9

99 ranger, No reverse

well put it back together with the new gasket today. Rev it to about 4K and I get a bit of reverse. Clutches are burning= tranny is history. Whats Involved in swaping the m5od? I really dont want to replace trouble with trouble.
  10. 9

99 ranger, No reverse

Gonna tear the t-case out today. Its gotta come out anyway if the tranny has to be removed. Then I'll have it narrowed down
  11. 9

99 ranger, No reverse

yeah reverse lights come on. Would the t-case not effect park or drive though? Just reverse. Cause it still works fine in park. There was also a piece torn out of the gasket on top of the seperator plate. So I'm gonna replace that too. Thanks for the help
  12. 9

99 ranger, No reverse

New info: When the driveshaft is off it goes into reverse fine. Just when it needs more oomph it doesnt go. No shavings, the pan is clean. :fire: P.S. Peice of metal was a piece that broke off the dip stick. Somone said it could be a broken shift fork in the t-case. But it sorks fine...
  13. 9

99 ranger, No reverse

whats a DTS sensor? Getting the codes scanned tomorrow. Could this be the reverse solenoid? or VB o-ring
  14. 9

99 ranger, No reverse

pulled the tranny pan, clean as a whistle. Did have a little dink piece of metal on the magnant though. About 1/4" in diameter and about 1/8" thick. Any ideas what it could be
  15. 9

V-6 to Small Block Trans Adapter

making these to fit the 99's yet?? My 5r55e just took a dump :rolleyes:
  16. 9

99 ranger, No reverse

got nothing funky...I'm lost. The clutches wouldnt go all at once would they? its somthing causing me loss or reverse and reverse only :( Did forget to mention I've had a CEL on for a few weeks now
  17. 9

99 ranger, No reverse

Yeah I have a manual 1rst. No clunks thuds or slipping at all. Fluid is right in the middle of the criss-crossed area when warm at an idle. Going to pull the pan and see if i cant find anything funky.
  18. 9

99 ranger, No reverse

I got a 99 4.0 (Auto) ranger with no reverse. All other gears are ok. Fluid is fine and a nice bright red. Doesnt smell burnt at all. Buddies say its a band, but doesnt reverse and low use the same band? Thanks for any help you guys can give me- Broke teenager :(
Back